Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I am wondering if there is a today screen program out there that is like SPB Diary, yet allows you to customize which items you would like on there... I am a relative new-guy, but love today agenda... I am also running an rss reader and weatherpanel and phonealarm... With the lack of real estate on the 240 screen, I am running short...

Any suggestions out there???

What I have heard already...
    1. "Try using hidelogo" - I dont want to erase the bluetooth logo, I use it to notify me when my headset has connected...

Any other suggestions would be appreciated...

BIGRIC
    Try Spb Mobile Shell - it may be what you want.
    END OF LINE
    spb pocketplus. or sbsh has one too. wisbar advance desktop was the best and I think thay just got it working again for the treo's. I started a wisbar 1.3 thread. check there for that.
    Agree with above. Mobile shell is fantastic for conserving real estate. Also, search for the date fix. It puts the date below the time in the upper right hand cornder of your screen. This will allow you to get rid of the date line on your today screen.

Check out the "what does your today screen look like" thread. That should also give you some good ideas.
    the latest spb diary also allows custom tabs for today screen plugins, goodbye mobile shell!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    the latest spb diary also allows custom tabs for today screen plugins, goodbye mobile shell!
    Which is awesome, except that unless I'm mistaken, I can't run WeatherPanel or WP-Pilot within Diary, so hello Mobile Shell (again.)
    END OF LINE
    I never really had a legitimate need for it, but SPB mobile shell really is a nice program. I also suggest it, when I used it I saw no stability issues at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Which is awesome, except that unless I'm mistaken, I can't run WeatherPanel or WP-Pilot within Diary, so hello Mobile Shell (again.)
    You are

Goodbye MobileShell (again)

NICE!

Thanks, scottymomo! I couldn't get it to work last time I was playing with it, but now I have something to do tonight!!!
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    As mentioned briefly above, SBSH PocketBreeze (www.sbsh.net) is similar to Diary, but has had the ability to run other plugins as tabs for even longer. All of the Spb apps are also very well done.
    scottymomo- I'm loving the tabs in Diary. I can't believe I couldn't figure this out last time. I feel like an *****, but it's so much better this way. Thanks again for the tip...
    END OF LINE
    definitely like the smaller icons for the tabs, saves a lot of wasted real estate and shell takea a lot more memory too for little benefit over diary

I dont see Diary as a replacement for shell. Im playing around with it and I either get the dreaded today screen scroll bar or the viewing area of Diary is to small to be usefull. Shell is the better alternative IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    I dont see Diary as a replacement for shell. Im playing around with it and I either get the dreaded today screen scroll bar or the viewing area of Diary is to small to be usefull. Shell is the better alternative IMO.
    Huh?

How do you figure the big fat tabs in Shell take up less space than the tiny flat ones in Diary? The Shell tabs are about 2x the size and don't do anything special, with the exception of the Home tab, which can display battery life. I've been using Shell since before it was released, in beta, and ever since. Now that Diary has tab options, it's replaced Shell on my today screen. If you are getting the scroll bar, change the options in Diary to auto-resize its content, and that should go away... Aside from the Now screen and the themes, I can't see a reason to use Shell over Diary on a square screen device like ours. If I was still using my 6700, perhaps, as real estate was a little more available.
    END OF LINE
    When I use diary tabs it pushes everything else on my today screen down so I get the scroll bar. When I use shell, it auto hides the tab content. when i select a box on shell it simply removes the other stuff on my today screen so that I never get the scroll bar. I will post some pics to show you what i mean. We may not be talking about the same thing, but again, IMO the shell today screen is very clean.

This is an example. When I select a shell tab my screen becomes dedicated to that function. No fuss, no muss.
    Didn't know you were using auto-hide. In that case, then yes, you can distribute the screen real estate very differently. I was displaying the tabs all the time. So for me, now I technically have more room than I did. I didn't like the way auto-hide looked. May look into it again in the future...
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Alright, so here's the skinny...
    After some great suggestions from here and over at ppcgeeks, I got pocketbreeze and love it... To everyone that suggested everything, thank you...
    Here it comes... ALTHOUGH... it doesn't come without problems... I added my rssreader and weatherpanel and things were going along great... until, I was clicking down the tabs, using the d-pad and got down toward the bottom when I hear this quick clicking sound and the entire phone froze... I thought that it was some combination of a bad plugin, so I wiped off the weatherpanel and rssreader... after several combinations, it did it again... 4 times in all...
    If someone has experienced this or has heard of this and has any suggestions, please let me know... I have no idea what to do at this point because it's a great program; I might just have something messed up (I know, 'messed up' is a real technical term)...

BIGRIC