1.    #1  
    I am currently using the 650 and am eligible for upgrade. VW only has the 700p and the 700wx. Based on reviews I am reading on this site people feel the 700p is a bad phone?? should I switch to the windows version 700wx? what about the poor display on the wx (240x240) when the 700p is 320x320.
    Most importantly I was looking for the upgraded ability to surf the web on my treo using the broadband network (n/a on 650)
    So bottom line question - which treo should I get now or is it worthwhile waiting if something better is supposed to be out soon??
    Thanks for any input.
    if your wanting the pos operating system either wait for the 700p update and see if users are happy, or wait for the 755p.

unless you play a lot of games or view a lot of pictures the 240x240 isn't bad at all.

the wx has less bugs and problems than any of the other treo sold to date.

I had the p. have wx now.

good luck
    I have the 700P with verizon and I love my phone never had a problem. I am using it now to post this. I have not had the privledge of trying a 700wx yet but it looks pretty nice. One thing you might want to consider is most people now are writing programs for the Windows mobile. I just do not like Windows.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    wx all the way sir
  5.    #5  
    I just purchased TomTom6 GPS for my Treo 650 - do you happen to know if this program will be compatible if I switch to a Windows program?
    I was going to purchase tomtom for my wx but went with iguidance instead. I don't see why you would have any problems. Ask tomtom. Just like the commercial says.

You do realize you are in a wx forum. You are probably going to get a lot of people telling you to buy the wx. The best recommendation I can makes to you would be to read the reviews on the devices and then come to your own conclusion. I was in the same delimma before I bought my wx and everything I read told me to buy the wx. But then again, I don't have a problem with windows. I think they make good products.

heimlich
  7.    #7  
    Good Point! I wonder what responses I would get if I post the same question to the 700p forum.
    Thanks.
    The Palm OS is a relic. WM will be the universal platform, if it isnt already.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    The Palm OS is a relic. WM will be the universal platform, if it isnt already.
    I agree. Microsoft has the money and resources to make WM a defining product such as they have with Windows for the x86 architecture.

heimlich
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    for people who use gps such as tomtom and anything else, can you use a universal GPS sd card? Or do you need a card that is specific to the type of software you are using?

And what is the cheapest price on one of these cards?
    Quote Originally Posted by travelingmom View Post
    I just purchased TomTom6 GPS for my Treo 650 - do you happen to know if this program will be compatible if I switch to a Windows program?
    It will work fine. If you've activated on more than 2 phones, you might have trouble activating, but I'm sure they'll take care of it in that event. At least, I hope they do, since that's the boat I'm in. But I used TomTom on my 700p, my PPC6700, and now my 750WX.
    Treo 650 Cingular -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Treo 700p Sprint -> PPC 6700 Sprint -> Treo 700wx Sprint