Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I know that there is a problem regarding faxing to and/or from pocketPC devices as a whole, but may be there is any solution for that problem in treo WM series???
    I donīt use any software to receive faxes. I use send2fax.com. You have the option to receive faxes as a .tiff or .pdf file. I choose to receive them as a .pdf file and have no problem viewing them with the picsel viewer of the 750. By the way, I receive and send faxes via email to the accounts I register on their website to do so.
    Palm m100 => Palm 515 => BB 7290 => BB 7100g => Treo 650 => BB 8700c => Nokia E62 (for 10 days) => Treo 750 => :Treo 750 with WM6:AT&T Tilt (for 20 days)=>BJII=>Treo 750 WM6=>Treo Pro WM 6.1(for sale)=>Treo 750 WM6 'til a GSM Pre comes up!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Ok, thanks i'll check their service.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCB View Post
    I donīt use any software to receive faxes. I use send2fax.com. You have the option to receive faxes as a .tiff or .pdf file. I choose to receive them as a .pdf file and have no problem viewing them with the picsel viewer of the 750. By the way, I receive and send faxes via email to the accounts I register on their website to do so.

Unless I am missing something, I am unable to zoom .pdf files with Piscel to the point where the text is readable in a faxed letter that is written on standard 8.5 x 11 paper (or even legal). Anyone else run into this problem? Anyone know of a freeware that allows you to view .tiff files?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogueinvogue View Post
    Unless I am missing something, I am unable to zoom .pdf files with Piscel to the point where the text is readable in a faxed letter that is written on standard 8.5 x 11 paper (or even legal). Anyone else run into this problem? Anyone know of a freeware that allows you to view .tiff files?
    I was going to say the same thing. I can't zoom in on faxes either. I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to do it and never did succeed. All I can get is the zoomed out view.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    I was going to say the same thing. I can't zoom in on faxes either. I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to do it and never did succeed. All I can get is the zoomed out view.
    Yep. I keep looking for the zoom option in the menu. The viewer is completely worthless -- I see a tiny little postage stamp.

Ah, for the good old days on the Treo 650. Faxes came in as attachments to an email, as a .TIF file. Acid Image Pro displayed them flawlessly.

Sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Yep. I keep looking for the zoom option in the menu. The viewer is completely worthless -- I see a tiny little postage stamp.

Ah, for the good old days on the Treo 650. Faxes came in as attachments to an email, as a .TIF file. Acid Image Pro displayed them flawlessly.

Sigh.
    When viewing a.pdf file, press the center button on the T750. It will then change to zoom mode. You will know because a small magnifying glass appears at the bottom, right, corner. Zoom in and zoom out with the up and down navigation keys. Toggle the document with the stylus to read portions that don't fit the screen.

The days of faxes attached to an email are not over!
    Palm m100 => Palm 515 => BB 7290 => BB 7100g => Treo 650 => BB 8700c => Nokia E62 (for 10 days) => Treo 750 => :Treo 750 with WM6:AT&T Tilt (for 20 days)=>BJII=>Treo 750 WM6=>Treo Pro WM 6.1(for sale)=>Treo 750 WM6 'til a GSM Pre comes up!
    Thank you for this clue!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Thank you for this clue!
    Youīre Welcome!