So last September I had to get a replacement 700w. I've had the phone since the day after it came out last January. When I sent it in, I wasn't recieving incoming calls or text messages. I had to make a call out to recieve messages, called Verizon, did a hard reset and all that goodness and the guy was stumped after an hour and a half on the phone with them. I was sent a replacement within 2 days.

Now, back in January of this year, my phone started having problems with service. In areas that I would have full service, I would only have maybe one bar. In most other areas, getting service is impossible. Other Verizon users didn't have this problem. So, a couple weeks ago I finally sat down, backed up my phone and did a hard reset. All was good (for the most part, still not quite up to par as I would like, but a LOT better than before), until today when I noticed I'm getting the same problem. The only thing I could think of would be the Threaded SMS causing the problem, but I see nobody else here having this problem. So, I'm not quite understanding what the deal is. I love this phone, but this crap is getting old.

My next gripe is the Verizon service, in the store and on the phone. A month and a half ago or so, I went to the Verizon store to ask them about it. Of course, a year and a half later - the Verizon techs aren't trained on these kind of phones, excellent. The girl tells me I had to call the WDTS number. I go home, call, and the tech on the phone says I have to go in the store. Now I had a big grin on my face. I go back, and raise hell. The girl (who I sort of felt bad for) ended up having to use her own minutes on her phone to call the number because their phone system was down (what? at a phone service provider's store? ironic!). Unfortunately, my phone wasn't backed up so we couldn't hard reset it then. I thanked her and left.

So here we are, I'm basically without a phone again. I pretty much have to ignore calls and send them a text telling whoever it is that I don't have enough service to hear them. I'll be calling Verizon again this weekend and I will have a new phone next week, this is just getting to be too much. I have the phone for a reason, but I can't even use the phone feature.

Out of curiosity, has anyone else had this problem? I know Verizon isn't having trouble with their towers, because its 5 months later and I'm still having the same problems, and my friends with Verizon don't have this problem. It just seemed to have sprung up soon after I installed the Threaded SMS, but I'd hate to go back to the original Messaging app because threaded is so much better.

Thanks for any suggestions for anything to try, I don't feel like sitting on the phone with Verizon for another hour and a half to have them tell me I need a new phone.