Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    sorry for can't help here. That's why I said it works 99% time. it works well for me all the time until I installed phone weaver. the phone weaver has too much trouble in treo 750. even after I uninstalled it, the volume hack still doesn't work. I have to restore the registry from an old copy to nake it work.

so your problem may be related to a phone profile application. Trying to uninstall it and restore a n old registry.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    It is occurr when you switch off the hardware ringer button and switch it on again after going in sleep mode. The solution that worked with me is:

Menue ----> preferences ----> Phone settings -------> set ring tones ----> event=Phone: known caller, set the ring type to increasing ring and uncheck the option vibrate when ringer switch on and do the same for event= phone: unknown caller.

This is working for me, try it, and if ok, try to change one of them i.e. the increasing ring or the check box.

Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by hbahaie View Post
    It is occurr when you switch off the hardware ringer button and switch it on again after going in sleep mode. The solution that worked with me is:

Menue ----> preferences ----> Phone settings -------> set ring tones ----> event=Phone: known caller, set the ring type to increasing ring and uncheck the option vibrate when ringer switch on and do the same for event= phone: unknown caller.

This is working for me, try it, and if ok, try to change one of them i.e. the increasing ring or the check box.

Good luck

Thanks for finding the 1% exception. I just tried to switch the hardware ringer switch to mute, then turn it back on. Now my ringer is always down to zero, no matter using hack or not. Damn, why should palm put that switch there? I don't want to dig the registry to find out the value again.

Have to restore my treo 750. Anyway, at least it shows phone weaver is innocent.

However, your solution won't give my ringer back. But you did find the reason. Kudo to you.

Updated: Please ignore above statement. After the speaker icon hacks, if you go to the notification and open the event of "phone, known caller" or "phone, unknown caller", the ringer volume will always down to zero, even you don't change anything. It has nothing to do with the hardware ringer switch.

Anyway, the reg file in post #28 will solve this problem no matter what the cause of the zero down.
    Last edited by cellneuron; 05/10/2007 at 05:59 PM.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Found the problem.
    Check your registry, if you have no sound,

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0]
    "Sound"="*vibrate*" or "none"
    "Script"="a"

Change to:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0]
    "Sound"="\\Windows\\Cingular.mid"
    "Script"="apw3r"

Save, turn off screen for 10 secs then turn it on.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Thanks for finding the 1% exception. I just tried to switch the hardware ringer switch to mute, then turn it back on. Now my ringer is always down to zero, no matter using hack or not. Damn, why should palm put that switch there? I don't want to dig the registry to find out the value again.

Have to restore my treo 750. Anyway, at least it shows phone weaver is innocent.

However, your solution won't give my ringer back. But you did find the reason. Kudo to you.
    did u soft reset your treo after doing that settings. I am sure it works with me very nice, i switch off my ringer 4 tmes daily, and since i setted it as increasing ring, i didn't experience this bug again.
    Quote Originally Posted by hbahaie View Post
    did u soft reset your treo after doing that settings. I am sure it works with me very nice, i switch off my ringer 4 tmes daily, and since i setted it as increasing ring, i didn't experience this bug again.
    Yes, I did.

I will make a cab tonight for those who are still suffering this issue. Mort script should be good.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Yes, I did.

I will make a cab tonight for those who are still suffering this issue. Mort script should be good.
    Thanks, cellneuron. I'm a n00b from Palm-land and am really trying to make a go of the WM platform, so it's frustrating when I can't even enjoy the basics of phone operation I'm trying out the registry modification now....
    Last edited by Brian Hart; 05/10/2007 at 05:28 PM.
    Palm since Palm Professional --- Treo 650 (2 yrs), iPhone since 6/29/07
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri Guy View Post
    Thanks, cellneuron. I'm a n00b from Palm-land and am really trying to make a go of the WM platform, so it's frustrating when I can't even enjoy the basics of phone operation I couldn't figure out how to manipulate the registry to make the changes you suggested --- I can access the registry via Resco Explorer, but do I need something else to modify the registry?

Please download the attachment, extract and double click it. Since you have resco explorer installed, it will be implemented into registry automatically.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Please download the attachment, extract and double click it. Since you have resco explorer installed, it will be implemented into registry automatically.
    cellneuron, you are my hero! thank you. i now have audio and vibrating alerts for calls.

another question, if you will indulge me. does this fix negate the functionality of the switch on top of the phone??
    Palm since Palm Professional --- Treo 650 (2 yrs), iPhone since 6/29/07
    no sir, it has nothing to do with the hardware switch.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Its likely i'm missing something simple, but what are you using to open/run this Reg file? I'm getting a 'there is no application associated with "Rington0".'

I extracted the file on a pc and carried it over via mini sd. Also sent it through email...both cases, i have an unrecognized file. Does it need to be renamed? decompressed on the palm? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SitDown View Post
    Its likely i'm missing something simple, but what are you using to open/run this Reg file? I'm getting a 'there is no application associated with "Rington0".'

I extracted the file on a pc and carried it over via mini sd. Also sent it through email...both cases, i have an unrecognized file. Does it need to be renamed? decompressed on the palm? Thanks
    You need a registry editor (like Cell posted above) like Resco Explorer. If you have it installed, the file will be recognized as a .reg file and can be double-clicked. If you want to apply the reg file and you don't want to use Resco, get yourself a free registry editor application (use Google) and you should be able to import the file using the registry editor.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Gotcha... Thanks
    I made the cab file for this trick. The reg is also included in the zip file for those who don't want to use the cab file. The cab file is made with no option to uninstall, so that you will not feel uncomfortable to see it in the uninstall list.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I have a new 750 with this issue. I have run the file but there is no change. Is there an update?
    does your speaker sound when you play music?

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Yes I can play mp3 files without an issue.
    did you use the cab or reg file? try both.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    This is a common problem with the 750. I tell everybody that I have a $700.00 phone that doesn't ring.
    the funny/sad part is that i have had many many cell phones since 1994. the ONLY one that i have ever had or heard of that sometimes doesn't ring is the POS called the 750.
    did you use the cab or reg file? try both.
    Sweet! My fault - all work fine now. Thanks
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast