1.    #1  
    Is there anyway to set my Treo 750 to operate in an analog mode? This is just for a test only. Thanks, Jay
    GSM is digital. There has been no analogue for 10 years +

Surur
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    GSM is digital. There has been no analogue for 10 years +

Surur
    Surur,

10 years+, not true. I was told that certain cell sites were required to be analog compatible until a certain date (2006 or 2007?). When I first powered my new phone up, there was a small window at the top of the screen that looked like it allowed you to select between analog or digital (the digital mode was already selected), however, it has never appeared again!

Analog will still work in many areas until recently, however it's use is strongly discouraged by everyone due to excessive bandwidth requirements and lack of security. Analog has an advantage of operating at the lower frequency 800-900 MHz bands instead of the crappy 1,800-1,900 MHz band which cause lots of signal dropouts.

Can anyone correct me on this?

Thanks all,

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by analogdesigner View Post
    Is there anyway to set my Treo 750 to operate in an analog mode? This is just for a test only. Thanks, Jay
    It would probably require a lot of engineering skill, since among other things you would have to install an analog radio. Then update software to use the radio.

In other words, no

Even on systems like Sprint where they supported Analog on some phones for roaming (unlike Cingular where Analog was supported on a GSM phone only on a couple of GAIT models), they didn't support analog on the Treo 600.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by analogdesigner View Post
    The Treo 750 doesn't support any analog bands, sorry.

Joe
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Analog "AMPS" is still around until the end of 2007. After that, carriers are permitted to switch off the analog service. As others have noted, the Treo 750, like most GSM phones, does not support analog. Some CDMA phones do.
  7.    #7  
    All,

Thank you for your feedback on this topic!

Jay

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/d...727e2821ae.htm