1.    #1  
    I just upgraded to the WX from the P. I also use the company's Goodlink app, but it seems as though the app took over my "messaging" button and opens up email. I believe this button used to take me to text messaging. The only way I can get to TM now is to open a contact, then "send sms". Is there an easier way?
    In a purely vanilla WM5 setup, Messaging encompasses both email and SMS. A push to the left or right within POutlook will toggle accordingly. Then you can send your text through there.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    In a purely vanilla WM5 setup, Messaging encompasses both email and SMS. A push to the left or right within POutlook will toggle accordingly. Then you can send your text through there.
    Doesn't work like that for me. When I click on Messaging, it opens up Goodlink eMail...
    orisky - what you're seeing is the way Goodlink hijacks the device. When Goodlink is installed, none of the 'standard' apps (like text messaging) work as they should out of the box.

Welcome to Goodlink.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    orisky - what you're seeing is the way Goodlink hijacks the device. When Goodlink is installed, none of the 'standard' apps (like text messaging) work as they should out of the box.

Welcome to Goodlink.
    Yes, I figured that. Is there no way to get to the text messaging app directly?
    Quote Originally Posted by orisky View Post
    Yes, I figured that. Is there no way to get to the text messaging app directly?
    I had the exact same issue with GoodLink. GoodLink highjacks the Today "messaging" plugin, and points it at GoodLink email.

I installed the "Threaded SMS" application (see sticky at top of forum). I was wondering what it would do. What happened was the Threaded SMS application install placed another selection along with "messaging" called "sms".

So, now I have two selections on the lower left of my screen where "messaging" is. Click the left button, or touch "messaging" with the stylus, and a menu pops up with "messaging" and "sms" selections.

problem solved......
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post

Welcome to Goodlink.
    Start -> Messaging takes me to POutlook or SMS, whichever I was on last time. This is with GMM on the device.
    so the one I am working on used to do that, but now GMM takes over the messaging button.

is there anyway to reset it back to open up messaging?
    You say you came over from the P. Does you company use Outlook exchange servers? If so, you may be able to dump goodlink alltogether.