Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  


    I have been away for some time now. I take it there is still no workaround for the bluetooth voice dial failing of my 700wx?

    Yukoner
  2. #2  
    nope. I can't belive it either. big let down.
  3. #3  
    no kidding. I didn't even think to check this feature when I purchased the 700wx. I figured a phone at this level geared foe business users would certainly have bt dialing. Major let down.
  4. #4  
    I will never buy another palm product again because of it.
  5. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #5  
    I'll be selling my 700WX the day I purchase the Sammy i760 thank you very much.
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/06/s...i760-hands-on/
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  6. #6  
    many of use are hoping that since thay got it working on the wm 750 that when we get an update that this will be one of the things addressed. there are many bluetooth issues so it would be safe to think palm would fix this. this is one of the most important things for me as well. i totally overlooked it when i got my wx and couldn't belive it wasn't included.
  7. #7  
    With my s9 a2dp bt headset, MS VC 1.6, and hannip's a2dp vzw bt stack install, I was able to get my headset to not only activate VC but also hear the command prompts come over the bt headset and not the treo speaker. Too bad the mic only works through the treo and not my headset. At least it is half way there....I still can't see why we can't get the other half to work. Before the s9 and hannip's hack..i couldn't even hear the VC prompts through the headset. Now I hear all pda sound through the bt headset. This is the a2dp s9 though..not a regular headset.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    many of use are hoping that since thay got it working on the wm 750 that when we get an update that this will be one of the things addressed. there are many bluetooth issues so it would be safe to think palm would fix this. this is one of the most important things for me as well. i totally overlooked it when i got my wx and couldn't belive it wasn't included.
    I hope you are correct codyppc, however other threads I have seen all seem to point at both Palm and Microsoft sort of smirking and saying the best fix is to purchase a new unit that works...perhaps I should, after all mine was already 4 hours old when I discovered the misrepresentation

    Really, it isn't worth getting stressed over. They won't fix it, 'cause they don't have to and life is too short to worry over trivial matters. Have a great day all!!
  9. #9  
    Hmm, I have mine working. The only problem is that the response from the phone comes thru the phone's external speaker, not the headset. I am using a Blueant hands free in my car and it works great.

    I had to install VoiceCommand 1.6 and do a minor registry hack but it works great.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by skywaterbanjo View Post
    I had to install VoiceCommand 1.6 and do a minor registry hack but it works great.
    Interesting, so, what is the registry hack? I would be happier if I could just make the call, although having to listen to the response via the handheld is still a problem.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by skywaterbanjo View Post
    Hmm, I have mine working. The only problem is that the response from the phone comes thru the phone's external speaker, not the headset. I am using a Blueant hands free in my car and it works great.

    I had to install VoiceCommand 1.6 and do a minor registry hack but it works great.
    Are you sure you're acutally speaking the commands through your hands free kit and not your treo mic? The treo mic has good range and can pick up commands well.
  12. #12  
    Houdini, you are absolutely correct. I have no idea whether it is the mic from the Treo or the Blueant but the phone is in my pocket when i do it so it is unlikely it is the phone mic, but could be.

    The hack is you have to point to the voicecmd.exe in the
    hkey_local_machine=>software=>Microsoft=>Voice Command

    Make sure ResourcePath points to the location of the voicecmd.exe file, probably in your Program files.
  13. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #13  
    Let me find a bluetooth headset that doesn't disconnect and then the bluetooth dialing I would be in heaven.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx

Posting Permissions