1.    #1  
    I have a 700WX and I'm trying to setup my exchange email to the Treo. I was wondering if there's a way to do this on Outlook or do I need a third-party application? And if so, what are your recommendations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspired101 View Post
    I have a 700WX and I'm trying to setup my exchange email to the Treo. I was wondering if there's a way to do this on Outlook or do I need a third-party application? And if so, what are your recommendations?
    You need an exchange 03 server w/ service pack2.
    You can't do it via outlook.
    If you don't have a server, there are several sites, some free, some pay, which can be set to pull from your email account and push the email down to your treo. The search function should yeild many options, one of which I believe is called mail2web.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Outlook is the email client just like Pocket Outlook on your WM Treo. You use these clients to connect to the Exchange server. You should be able to use just about any version of Exchange Server mail, but if you want push you will want Exchange 2003 SP2 or Exchange 2007. If you don't have your own server, you can use a pay provider like 1and1 or a free one like mail2web.com.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  4.    #4  
    I'm sorry I'm really new to this. Originally, I had a Treo 700p and I bought Chattermail. The application was perfect, it connected to my exchange email at work. But I have no idea what I'm looking for right now. So am I looking for an application that will PUSH my emails...? Or should I buy the Exchange 2003 SP2? I just need the emails to be sent to my phone and I can read/reply to the emails.

I've been also tryin gto log in with the ActiveSync but it hasn't been working.
    Last edited by Inspired101; 05/04/2007 at 07:17 PM.
    Ask your IT guys at work these three questions:

- Are we on Exchange 2003?
    - Do we have Service Pack 2 installed?
    - Do we support Outlook Web Access?

If you answer yes to all those, then you have all you need, to come back here and we'll tell you how to get push email/total device sync set up to your device, and you don't have to buy a thing. It's all native, out of the box stuff.

report back.
  6.    #6  
    I don't think I have an IT guy... I'm kind of in charge of the server but I don't have enough knowledge to check on that. I know the answers to 1 and 3 are YES. I'm not sure about the 2nd one.
    ok then do this - it's pretty simple really. You're going to set up your device to connect directly to your Exchange server, so everything happens over the air, on the fly. It's awesome.

Launch the Active Sync app on the device - Start/Programs/Active Sync.

Hit the menu button and select 'Configure Server'. Then enter the following:

First screen:

Server Address: put in your URL for your OWA site - like 'webmail.mycompany.com' or whatever - withOUT the http stuff

(do I check the SSL box?) YES

Next screen:

User Name: (Your Windows NT User Name, just like you use on your laptop)

Password: Your Windows NT password

Domain: Your Windows Domain

(do I check 'Save Password' - ?) Yes, unless you want to enter each time you check mail

Do I need to do anything under the advanced tab? NO, don't go there, leave the defaults.

You can go into the next screen and modify the various settings for Email syncing, calendar, etc, if you wish.

and here's an online training link to help out a little bit.....

Basic Device Setup and also Email Setup:

http://learning.palm.com

Good luck!
  8.    #8  
    I did everything you said but it doesn't work. Is there another email program I can try? I know its possible because I connected to this server when I had a 700p with Chattermail.. I don't understand why ActiveSync won't work for me.
    good thread to the below:

Ask your IT guys at work these three questions:

- Are we on Exchange 2003?
    - Do we have Service Pack 2 installed?
    - Do we support Outlook Web Access?

i answered yes to all 3. and it doesnt work for me either. anybody can help?