Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I posted in WM Apps asking if anyone knew of a program that has the feature of randomly selecting a mp3 song from a folder and playing it as the alarm. I get sick of the same tune day in day out. scottymomo said to make a request in here as there's nothing out there to do this. Anyone up for the challenge? I'm sure many people would be keen for something like this.
  2. #2  
    Sounds like a good candidate as a new Tweakster plugin.
  3. #3  
    I just haven't had a chance to post here yet, but I am definetly interested in an app like that!!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Sounds like a good candidate as a new Tweakster plugin.
    Haha, but then someone would have to use Tweakster

    Did crazie.eddie ever finish his random ringtone project? If so, that might be easier to adapt since the only difference is writing to a new registry location.

    i.e.)

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Clock\1\AlarmSnd

    Crazie, you out there?
  5. #5  
    The reason I said it would be a good Tweakster candidate is cuz Tweakster already has all of the scheduling features built in for an alarm and is easily extensible to add new plugins. Should be easy.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    The reason I said it would be a good Tweakster candidate is cuz Tweakster already has all of the scheduling features built in for an alarm and is easily extensible to add new plugins. Should be easy.
    Oh it's easy all right...

    ...but with a few properly placed RegWriteStrings() in crazie.eddies script, you can use the builtin "clock & alarm" settings, which he is probably already used to.

    If crazie.eddie doesn't bite, maybe I'll whip one up.
  7. #7  
    Oh I see what your saying, interesting. Can the builtin alarm play mp3's?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Oh I see what your saying, interesting. Can the builtin alarm play mp3's?
    mp3 playing capability should be built-in, but I don't think it lets you select mp3s. If you "backdoor" your way in by writing the registry location, it may just work. I'll have to try it...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    mp3 playing capability should be built-in, but I don't think it lets you select mp3s. If you "backdoor" your way in by writing the registry location, it may just work. I'll have to try it...
    Okay, doesn't work. Only lets you select and play .wav files.
  10. #10  
    Actually that wouldn't be bad, you can just convert MP3 to WAV on your PC, or just download WAV to begin with. I just can't figure out how to get the WAV files I load in to come up in the choices...I will try that again with a couple new ones!!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Haha, but then someone would have to use Tweakster

    Did crazie.eddie ever finish his random ringtone project? If so, that might be easier to adapt since the only difference is writing to a new registry location.

    i.e.)

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Clock\1\AlarmSnd

    Crazie, you out there?
    Oops. I didn't see this thread. I hardly visit this section of the forums.

    Yes, the Random ringtone generator was completed awhile ago. I haven't put much into it, since I'm waiting until Mortscript 4.01 is officially out. I want to use the randomize function with 4.01. Currently, it's "Sort of" randomized via some help with calc functions. (Yes, I'm asian and I suck in math)

    Anyways, here's the thread with the code...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=141553
  12.    #12  
    WAV files are just so dam big. I'm surprised that other alarm software don't have a random song function. Most of them seem to do mp3.
  13. #13  
    I have a couple WAV files on mine, and I just tried...the Treo alarm does not show them as ringers for the alarm!! Oh well, I guess I have to wait.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    I have a couple WAV files on mine, and I just tried...the Treo alarm does not show them as ringers for the alarm!! Oh well, I guess I have to wait.
    I think it only looks under \Windows.

    I just copied a .wav file to \Windows and set an alarm and it worked. It's not random, but at least you get some variety until someone comes up with a script

Posting Permissions