1.    #1  
    Hello everyone-

I seem to be having a lot of issues getting GMail to work correctly on my Treo 700.

Firstly, I have set up my google account to Enable POP (for "mail that arrives from now on"

Second, I have set up the NEW ACCOUNT in Treo following all of the steps in the manual and on-line help.. pretty simple..

Yet, new messages aren't being sent to my Treo and also if I try manually to "Send/Receive" in the menu options: it connects and searches, yet continuously comes up empty.

Thanks for any pointers the forum can provide.

RCS
    Have you received a new email between the time you enabled POP-Forwarding and the time you set up the account on the handheld? If not, I'd suggest you try sending yourself an email and see if it picks it up)
    Have u gotten any mail that you havent sent from the same account? to test i tried to send myself a message from my own account. I didnt get it on my treo. I sent one from my spam address (the one i give to sites and stuff), and that one i got.

also i wrote a step by step for another post. maybe u missed SSL?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...5&postcount=11
    Gmail has also flaked out on me-- I've deleted and re-established my account several times. I can't receive new mail, but mail three days or older comes in.

Is there some kind of fix for this?
    Google has also posted these directions. They are for SnapperMail but apply to all Treo phones, PalmOS and WinMo 5+. The Treo appears to block access to the default port for GMail.

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...y?answer=14043

BTW - This URL can be found by clicking the link "Configuration Instructions" found in GMail.

The key is to use the correct ports mentioned in the instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by wirelesscop View Post
    It worked like a charm! Thank you!!!

This had been driving me nuts for the past two days, so I particularly appreciate your quick reply.
    Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    It worked like a charm! Thank you!!!

This had been driving me nuts for the past two days, so I particularly appreciate your quick reply.
    Ditto, this should be a sticky.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    This just saved my life