1.    #1  
    Hi. I'm very new to the Treo 700wx and I need help, but i consider myself to be tech savy. I installed the AIM Mobile (downloaded from the UK's AIM site). I installed the application, but now I want to remove it from my Treo.

First: I went to the Remove Programs and I remove the AIM. Although, AIM icon is no longer in the Remove Programs section, the application is still on my Treo and the AIM application is still working on my Treo.

Second: I decided to go to File Explorer>>Program File>>AOL Instant Messenger and manually remove the files from there, but it is not letting me remove the files.

Third: I also to tried to reset my Treo (the reset button back the back of the Treo, next to the battery). No luck on it.

Please help and if possible provide details instruction on removing AIM.

Thanks.

P.S. I love my Treo 700wx
    Last edited by TreoTML; 05/03/2007 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Needed to move information
    Try a soft reset. when ever you uninstall anything always soft rest so it goes away fully.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigmattFromJeRSeY View Post
    Try a soft reset. when ever you uninstall anything always soft rest so it goes away fully.
    I'm not sure what you mean. What is the "soft reset"? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoTML View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. What is the "soft reset"? Thanks.
    take off the battery door and the button on the left side of the treo next to the battery push the stylus into there. it says reset next to it.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks. BigMatt. But it is still on my Treo.

I have tried the Reset. But it is still not remove from the Treo yet. Does anyone know ways or proper way of removing an application.
    Thanks. BigMatt. But it is still on my Treo.

I have tried the Reset. But it is still not remove from the Treo yet. Does anyone know ways or proper way of removing an application.
    if you removed it from the remove programs menu it is removed. just don't worry about it. it wont take up memory if it is uninstalled.

if you still want aim try www.octro.com there aim app is what i use and its best i have found sense verichat is gone. i hate nokia.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigmattFromJeRSeY View Post
    if you removed it from the remove programs menu it is removed. just don't worry about it. it wont take up memory if it is uninstalled.

if you still want aim try www.octro.com there aim app is what i use and its best i have found sense verichat is gone. i hate nokia.

Thank you for the Octro - aim app. I will try that it.

As far as the AOL's AIM being on my Treo ....I'm a little ignore that the app is still on the system and it is eating up the limited memory space that is on the Treo. It would great if I can remove.

Is there a way to restore the TREO to the original format as when I first received it from Palm/Sprint?

thanks again.
    Thank you for the Octro - aim app. I will try that it.

As far as the AOL's AIM being on my Treo ....I'm a little ignore that the app is still on the system and it is eating up the limited memory space that is on the Treo. It would great if I can remove.

Is there a way to restore the TREO to the original format as when I first received it from Palm/Sprint?

thanks again.

yea you can hard rest it by pushing the stylus into the soft rest hole and holding down then end call/power button at the same time and that will reformat it to way you get it from sprint.
    Nevermind....You beat me to it.....Hold down the Red Phone button and press the reset button while holding it down. It will then tell you to press up to erase all data
    What I gather from your post is that you uninstalled the app using the 'Add/Remove Programs', but the icon still shows up in 'Programs'.
    To remove the icon, go to File Explorer (or Resco Explorer if you prefer) go to Windows/Start Menu/Programs. Tap and hold on the AIM icon, and delete.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  11.    #11  
    Thank you all. I think, I will hard reset my Treo. I'm assuming it will erase all my numbers and information I have enter into the Treo. But will it remove my phone activation information ...in which I'm required to call Sprint to rea-activate? Please let me know the outcome.

As for Octro - IM app. I notice it's beta right now and I'm assuming it is free. But once we reach May 10th ....they are closing the beta app ....will the beta still work? Or would we need to buy the final release?

At there any good IM'ing apps that are Free out there and work well with the Treo 700wx?
    It won't remove any activation information. Your phone will still be activated after you hard reset.