1.    #1  
    is there a program or hack that will allow me to adjust more than just the brightness on my display?

specifically, i was thinking contrast, gamma, etc. adjustments.

thanks
    not exactly what you want, but UI Tweaker is a free program that lets you change a lot of colors. search for it on this site. I know it's here, because it put it here. lol.
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the info, i will check it out.

anyone else have any ideas?

i like my treo but i am having a hard time understanding why (in some regards) my old cell phone was more capable out of the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by icepirate View Post
    thanks for the info, i will check it out.

anyone else have any ideas?

i like my treo but i am having a hard time understanding why (in some regards) my old cell phone was more capable out of the box.
    Besides display gamma, contrast, etc, what else were you looking for? I felt the same way until I had time to muck around and find everything. Not to mention get more familiar with the menu structure.

I guess there will always be some concessions necessary whenever you change from one phone/device to another. But, I am now pretty satisfied that the Treo has all the functions that were important to me BT (before Treo ), and more

I will say that one thing I do miss is the ease of adding contacts to my old LG 8300. You could click on virtually any entry in any call-log, recently dialed list or text message and there would be an "add to contacts" choice. It would even prompt you if you want to add to an existing contact or create a new one. Not so on the Treo. I miss that probably the most. (I know you can adjust to Treo to prompt you after making an outbound call to add to contacts, however, this method forces you to do it right away. I usually can't do that because I am multi-tasking at the time)

-Frank
    hi frank, don't worry, all your concerns have been addressed in wm6.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    hi frank, never mind, I didn't realize this is not treo 750 forum.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post

I will say that one thing I do miss is the ease of adding contacts to my old LG 8300. You could click on virtually any entry in any call-log, recently dialed list or text message and there would be an "add to contacts" choice. It would even prompt you if you want to add to an existing contact or create a new one. Not so on the Treo. I miss that probably the most. (I know you can adjust to Treo to prompt you after making an outbound call to add to contacts, however, this method forces you to do it right away. I usually can't do that because I am multi-tasking at the time)

-Frank
    my treo does this. 700wx. you have to tap and hold with the stylus or press and hold the center button. this allows you to "save to contacts" you can then use copy and paste, which i'm sure your regular cellphone didn't have, and then add that new number to an allready existing contact. after each call if the number does not match anything in your contacts list, it then asks you if you want to save it or add to an existing contact. pretty nice if you ask me.

i have heard that it even gets better with wm 6 as well.
    While in cal log, I knew I could tap and hold with the stylus to add to contacts but highlighting the number in call log and pressing and holding the center button is new to me, Thanks for the info...