1.    #1  
    I have had it with Cingular. I have been with them for 13 years (loyalty hah), and am finally going to make a switch. People I talk with are having really good luck with T-Mobile. I know that they don't support the 750 or Treo's at all (cingular says they will unlock my phone). After talking with a sales rep, they seem to be quite happy to send me a sim card and let me roll. Is anyone out there working with a 750 and T-Mobile? Any reviews on you experience? Does it work? Thanks in advance.
    I don't have a 7xx device but I am with TMo which only has EDGE and don't expect support for the 750 as TMo PDA expertise are either BB or SK. They will try to help, as they always try to.

Coverage can be also be a challenge unless you stay within the metro areas they have coverage. It works fine for me as I stay 90% within a major metro area. The times I travel to Big Bear or San Diego outside metro, I get poor coverage.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 05/02/2007 at 08:38 PM.
    I have an unlocked/unbranded 750 on T-Mobile. Works fine. They have an "unsupported devices" (or whatever they call it) unit that seems to be pretty hip about the 750 and devices like it.

As Ronbo2000 says, coverage is good. I haven't had a problem.

The only time I had a problem was in Sonoma at a hotel where the signal wasn't good on the back of the property in my room but on the front of the property (closer to the road) it was fine. But all over Sonoma/Napa/etc. it was fine otherwise. Probably every carrier has things like that where you move 100 feet and you go from no signal (pesky things like buildings in the way, y'know) to signal.

I don't go out into the woop-woop too much so I don't have much coverage experience there.
    I have an unlocked Cingie branded Treo750... works fine on Tmo, except Tmo's 3G will not be in the same range when deployed as Cingulars.. so don't expect 3G on Tmobile with your Treo 750.

Don't Blame Palm, the spectrum was just bought recently so no phone officially supports the new HSDPA/HDUPA frequencies.

My Treo says "G" all the time.... EDGE or GPRS....
    right, and don't let tmobile talk you into the 49.99 unlimited plan-(data)- get the blackberry voice barred plan for 29.99.

(unless you want to use voice )
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Man, I had AT&T before they were Cingular and went to Nextel for a few years. I have been back with Cingular/AT&T since 2005 and haven't had any issues with them at all. Meanwhile my girlfriend's brother just left T-Mobile for Cingular and loves them so I guess it is user specific and where you live.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    My T750 is a Cingular branded (Unlocked) unit, I use TMO for my Voice & PDA Data, No Issues here (you will need to change all the connectivity settings from the Cing to the TMO (Much of this can be done automated via the carrier auto configuration cab file from say a TMO MDA (there are developer sources that this can be had from).
    Mobility!! TMO, Treo 750
    If Tmobile has its 3G up, I'd consider the switch too. They seem very consumer oriented and very good with customer service. However, having gone 3G and experiencing videos streaming on the 750, I can't go back to EDGE. If you don't need 3G and Tmobile coverage is good where you are, you can't go wrong it seems. Cingular's customer service is horrible in my experience.
    I agree that Cingular customer service is horrible. But I rarely need to use them for anything so its no big deal for me. I honestly think you are going to find that the T-Mobile grass is not greener on the other side. My bet is that you will be back to Cingular once you hear us all talking about the new features that are rolling out in the next 6 months (including an ever-growing 3G network). I absolutely love my 750 on the Cingular network.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    All I have to say, is I have had three: Sprint, T-Mobile, and for the last 4 years Cingular. At one time (3 years ago) I had all three at once.

I have no problem with Cingular Custy service. They have kept my same plan for years even though it is no longer available. I racked up a $800 bill in europe on 5 week trip and they halved it for me.

T-Mobile was the worst for me and the coverage is the worst in my area. Sprint just wasn't in the running so I guess you have to find what works best. But for the price, cs and service I pick Cingular.
    All I can say about my experience with CS on the Cingular side is order the phone in store rather than through telesales. I had a bad experience with a Cingular 8125 that I ordered through telesales and spent no less than 25 hours on the phone trying to rectify Cingular's mistakes. My order at first didn't ship and so Cingular had to send me a second order. When that came, I found out that instead of Cingular adding a line to my family plan, they created a whole new service contract for me when I requested that the phone be an add a line deal. I returned the phone to Cingular and paid for shipping, insurance, and tracking and decided to just go to the store and start the process over so there wouldn't be any mix-up. Cingular warehouse said they never received the returned merchandise despite my tracking number saying it was signed for and received. For the next 8 months, spanning over 25 hours, I was transferred between telesales, customer service, warehouse, finance, and a vast array of departments back and forth to try to fix it. After a phone call lasting a total of 3 hours and lots of patience with a manager did Cingy remove the charges, but not after sending me to some debt collector first!

If it weren't for 3G on a GSM network, I would have kissed audios to Cingular too.

Now, with the network buildout and 3G implementation, there would be periods where I can't make a voice call, but data works fine. Those are rare though, but when they do happen, it's frustrating.

Enough of my Cingy rant. I think the 750 is the best WM Pocket PC Phone Edition model out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    right, and don't let tmobile talk you into the 49.99 unlimited plan-(data)- get the blackberry voice barred plan for 29.99.

(unless you want to use voice )
    its nice because i came from a blackberry pearl on tmo and the data plan was 19.99, then i unlocked my treo 750 and was paying 29.99 for data.

but with an unlocked treo 750 on tmo, you can get unlimited data for $4.99!! woot!

i tested it and so far it works, my bills now are around $60 with tax.

49.99 for 1,000 minutes + night/weekends
    4.99 for unlimited data plan
    t-zones are nice, but the worst supported zones- in that, if the server goes down, they give priority to restoring service to the unlimited internet data (29.99) first, then they rollover and work on the 5.99 servers.
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    t-zones are nice, but the worst supported zones- in that, if the server goes down, they give priority to restoring service to the unlimited internet data (29.99) first, then they rollover and work on the 5.99 servers.
    its not tzones though, its a way to access the 29.99 plan by switching the proxies to access it. i dont use tzones either, its just like the normal 29.99 data plan.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    i've got tzones and so far have never had an issue (knock on wood)