1.    #1  
    I have somebody or something (shows up as 9067) sending me frequent messages that contain strings of gibberish.

Any ideas how to block them? I have mRing but it doesn't appear to have that functionality. Thanks very much.
    To my knowledge there is no 3rd party app or any hack to block incoming text messages. A while back I had a spam text messaging problem where I was getting 30 messages within a hour or so constantly. I have no idea how it happened but when I called Sprint they gave me two options. Disable my voice mail for a while or change my number. I changed my number. Good luck.
    Wow, leave it to Sprint CS to have a solution that doesn't really solve anything. What a great idea.
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Wow, leave it to Sprint CS to have a solution that doesn't really solve anything. What a great idea.
    Tell me about it... I don't know what disabling voice mail would do but I was not going to play around with it. Was just easier to change my number.
    If you have sprint, you can log in to your account online and block certain text messages or all text messages from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    If you have sprint, you can log in to your account online and block certain text messages or all text messages from there.
    If that's true, that must be pretty new. I've never seen that option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    If that's true, that must be pretty new. I've never seen that option.
    It's not new. Log in to your account, click the "SMS Messaging" link in My Online Tools, then click the "Settings & Preferences" link in Text Messaging Options.

Been there forever.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    It's not new. Log in to your account, click the "SMS Messaging" link in My Online Tools, then click the "Settings & Preferences" link in Text Messaging Options.

Been there forever.
    Well new since I had to change my number. Which was about 2 years ago.
    Magicall
    Quote Originally Posted by Excessive Force View Post
    Magicall
    Indeed.

MagiCall not only blocks specific SMS messages, but you can auto-reply too. The program lets you choose to delete the message, move to delete box, pass on, etc. It can do all of that with a notification to you or not--completely silent. You can even keep a log for later verification.

Probably one of my favorite apps as it just has excellent coding.

Has been out for 9 months now, at least: http://www.magisoftwarehouse.com/

Smartphone version is beta testing as we speak

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I guess you will still be charged if the blockage is in your device.

you need set it up in your sprint account or talk with the service agent to avoid the charge.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.