Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I doubt it'll be any different. I'm also using the hack and very thankfully so.

I just want HTML email. The better performance of WM6 would be very nice as well.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    I doubt it'll be any different. I'm also using the hack and very thankfully so.

I just want HTML email. The better performance of WM6 would be very nice as well.
    WM6 lets you see HTML in the email?!? Sweet, I didn't know that.

Damn, now I am even that more pissed I have to wait for WM6.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    WM6 offers other improvements too, including the ability to search your contacts and emails on your exchange server without downloading those emails to your device. This allows you to only have the most current emails on your device while you can still have access to older emails.
    Quote Originally Posted by maevro View Post
    WM6 lets you see HTML in the email?!? Sweet, I didn't know that.

Damn, now I am even that more pissed I have to wait for WM6.
    Yeah. That and speed optimization are a couple of the most obvious changes. That and few other things like Trojan pointed out.
    Of course there are some email features that aren't in that I would like to see. But lack of HTML email support was the single most dumbfounding missing feature I noticed when moved to WM5. Coming from a Treo 650 which pretty much ALL email programs supported HTML.
    So it's a welcome change. I gave Flexmail a try, and it was great. But there were 2 thing about it that made it so it wasn't even an option for me.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Personally, I never want HTML email on my phone. I don't even view HTML email on my computer. Too much of a security risk.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I am close to the point that I would actually start running a beta copy of
    WM6 I think there would still have to be some improvements, I like the Treo alot but there are a few little things like when hanging up on a call, and such. They need to get on WM6
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    If you have problems such as hanging up on a call, WM6 is not going to fix them. Usually, this problem is caused by your cheek brushing the touchscreen - you can set the Treo to disable the touchscreen while on a call if desired.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    If you have problems such as hanging up on a call, WM6 is not going to fix them. Usually, this problem is caused by your cheek brushing the touchscreen - you can set the Treo to disable the touchscreen while on a call if desired.
    There is a difference between hanging up on a call by accident as you described and dropped calls, which I have experienced with my 750. The difference being user error vs. software/hardware issue.

WM6 indeed could fix the dropped calls issue if tweaks to the radio stack in WM6 are being made for the dropped call problem.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seaflipper View Post
    There is a difference between hanging up on a call by accident as you described and dropped calls, which I have experienced with my 750. The difference being user error vs. software/hardware issue.

WM6 indeed could fix the dropped calls issue if tweaks to the radio stack in WM6 are being made for the dropped call problem.
    In the 2 months plus that I have had my 750, i think I had 2 dropped calls at most and one was because I got into the elevator of my apartment building.

I think it has to be more user phone specific then across the board software error.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    I have experienced a couple of dropped calls but only on the fringe of a UMTS and Edge area passing from one into the other.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    I have experienced a couple of dropped calls but only on the fringe of a UMTS and Edge area passing from one into the other.
    That is where most of my dropped calls happen. Hopefully WM6 & the HSDPA upgrade fix that.

I actually just got a replacement 750 from Cingular yesterday because of the dropped calls. Mine possible could be hardware related entirely.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Quote Originally Posted by seaflipper View Post
    That is where most of my dropped calls happen. Hopefully WM6 & the HSDPA upgrade fix that.

I actually just got a replacement 750 from Cingular yesterday because of the dropped calls. Mine possible could be hardware related entirely.
    I consistently get a dropped call every 15 minutes (if on one call) in my bedroom in my apartment. No other Cingular phone has had this problem so I can confidently say it is a problem with the Treo 750. I have had 3 replacement devices and all have had the same problem and ONLY in that room. I live in Manhattan and do go in and out of 3G coverage so that COULD be the problem but I do not know for sure. But I am positive it is a problem with all Treo 750's. Hopefully WM6 will fix the radio stack as mentioned earlier so avoid this problem.
    Can I get HTML E-mail if I use Outlook mobile with my G-mail account or is HTML E-mail limited to Exchange 2007 only?

Also I hope WM6 improves syncing media with Vista. Vista/WMDC sucks for media syncing.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    From my understanding, I think HTML email viewing is through Outlook mobile, so technically it should be compatible with all emails using IMAP or POP3 access, which should include GMAIL. If anyone knows otherwise, correct me if I am wrong. Advanced features, such as Contact and Email searching on the server is available through Exchange 2007 only with WM6.
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanvision View Post
    From my understanding, I think HTML email viewing is through Outlook mobile, so technically it should be compatible with all emails using IMAP or POP3 access, which should include GMAIL. If anyone knows otherwise, correct me if I am wrong. Advanced features, such as Contact and Email searching on the server is available through Exchange 2007 only with WM6.
    That is correct
    I gave up on trying to get Gmail working with my Treo 750.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqxea View Post
    I gave up on trying to get Gmail working with my Treo 750.
    I bet you've tried this, but..

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...5&postcount=11

I know gmail works with the treo, I used to have itup and running. Good luck, its a major PITA!
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I also have gmail running on my 750 and its been running for 2 months.
    No problem with gmail on mine either.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    No problems w/gmail here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast