Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61
  1. #21  
    Too bad (I could be wrong here) it says that its only for the dash and mba- not a treo. What would happen if one with an unlocked treo750 using tmobile plan (as I am) downloaded either one?

    Im not going to try, but was wondering if anyone could answer that?

    I just looked and the dash has a disclaimer saying:
    This software update will not work for any other T-Mobile Windows Mobile device.

    however the MDA didn't have a statement saying this...
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
  2. #22  
    Since the Dash is not a Touchscreen device and a smartphone...I would assume this would really screw up your phone if it would even install it at all.
  3. #23  
    even if you downloaded the dash and tried to flash it onto the 750 it won't work it reads what phone it is before it flashs and would not load it.
  4. #24  
    Cool- just shows how much I know about the mda. (grin)
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    Cool- just shows how much I know about the mda. (grin)
    The 750 will be getting wm6 to so don't worry you will get it. i just hope someone can port it for 700wx.
  6. maevro's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigmattFromJeRSeY View Post
    The 750 will be getting wm6 to so don't worry you will get it. i just hope someone can port it for 700wx.
    Why wouldn't you be able to? Do they run the same versions of WM5?
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
  7. #27  
    The Os update includes drivers for the hardware, which are very different form the 750 and the Wx. It would be like installing OSX for Intel on a older PowerPC OS9 laptop .

    Surur
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    The Os update includes drivers for the hardware, which are very different form the 750 and the Wx. It would be like installing OSX for Intel on a older PowerPC OS9 laptop .

    Surur

    Yea it wont happen LMAO. i don't what i was thinking when i posted that. it wont happen Because of the different radios and drivers and stuff like that. noob moment on that post.
  9. #29  
    According to a PocketNow.com article, the Blackjack should be getting WM6 "after June." Hopefully, that means sometime in the summer and before fall.

    http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=por...t=news&id=4191

    Hopefully, the 750 will get the WM6 update around the same time frame.
  10. maevro's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #30  
    Here is a Treo 750 running WM6 (Video)

    mobilitytoday.com
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
  11. #31  
    So when are we gonna see a cooked ROM for the Treo? Apparently it uses the same format as the Hermes (TyTN, 8525, etc.) so...
  12. #32  
    Not sure if the cooked ROM would give current Treo owners much satisfaction as Palm added some tweaks. The HTC models don't have those tweaks and however patches the WM6 for the Treos would have to add those Palm functionalities for it to be much value to current Treo owners.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanvision View Post
    Not sure if the cooked ROM would give current Treo owners much satisfaction as Palm added some tweaks. The HTC models don't have those tweaks and however patches the WM6 for the Treos would have to add those Palm functionalities for it to be much value to current Treo owners.
    That would be a non-issue if we could get a hold of an unbranded ROM to use as a base...
  14. #34  
    I don't see any cooked roms for the treo anytime soon as we would need a update from sprint to start cooking the roms. and also I don't see wm6 unless sprint releases it for use because look ay the 6700 they have cooked roms but no wm6 because there isn't a CDMA device out with wm6 its all GSM
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigmattFromJeRSeY View Post
    I don't see any cooked roms for the treo anytime soon as we would need a update from sprint to start cooking the roms. and also I don't see wm6 unless sprint releases it for use because look ay the 6700 they have cooked roms but no wm6 because there isn't a CDMA device out with wm6 its all GSM
    Well the Treo 750 is GSM right now. I now there are rumored Sprint models coming soon, however.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanvision View Post
    According to a PocketNow.com article, the Blackjack should be getting WM6 "after June." Hopefully, that means sometime in the summer and before fall.

    http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=por...t=news&id=4191

    Hopefully, the 750 will get the WM6 update around the same time frame.
    According to this rumor thread on HoFo:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1149845
    "The Blackjack WM6 upgrade is supposed to be in house by the end of May, expect it to be the first WM6 upgrade release about 8-10 weeks later"
    So maybe we'll see the Treo WM6 release near the end of the Summer?
    Dang. By the time we get this dang upgrade I'll probabally be planning my next phone uprade.

    From that same post:
    "-The Treo 750 refresh scheduled to launch in the October/November timeframe"
    So lets say we get WM6 in Aug. or Sept. If there's anything different about the 750 refresh I'll be getting that in Nov. So I'll have this WM6 upgrade on the 750 for a whole 3 months. LOL. Well I'd expect the refresh to have WM6 too
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanvision View Post
    Well the Treo 750 is GSM right now. I now there are rumored Sprint models coming soon, however.
    Yea the 750 is GSM.and the new sprint treo runs plam os which i dont want.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    According to this rumor thread on HoFo:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1149845
    "The Blackjack WM6 upgrade is supposed to be in house by the end of May, expect it to be the first WM6 upgrade release about 8-10 weeks later"
    So maybe we'll see the Treo WM6 release near the end of the Summer?
    Dang. By the time we get this dang upgrade I'll probabally be planning my next phone uprade.

    From that same post:
    "-The Treo 750 refresh scheduled to launch in the October/November timeframe"
    So lets say we get WM6 in Aug. or Sept. If there's anything different about the 750 refresh I'll be getting that in Nov. So I'll have this WM6 upgrade on the 750 for a whole 3 months. LOL. Well I'd expect the refresh to have WM6 too


    I was told the HSDPA ROM would be available for upgrade in Jan 07 during I bought the Treo 750 in Sept 06, and I wonder this is going to be released now.

    I won't expect it is available till end of 07!!!
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by ewenfung View Post
    I was told the HSDPA ROM would be available for upgrade in Jan 07 during I bought the Treo 750 in Sept 06, and I wonder this is going to be released now.

    I won't expect it is available till end of 07!!!
    I was promised that too. We all were.
    Somewhere along the line they chose to delay the HSDPA + Bug fix patch in order to roll it in to the WM6 update rather than have two updates (a WM5 HSDPA update, then a WM6 update.) I'm willing to believe the reason this happened is because the HSDPA slipped (got delayed) and they're like "What the hell might as well wait a few months and give them everything rather than waste time doing two updates." Also I think the WM6 announcement "upgrade" announcement by MS came after they initially planned the HSPDA update on WM5, so this changed the plans.

    The thing the don't take in to account is the fact that we end up having to deal with this product in it's unfinished state for about 8-9 months until we actually get that (those) updates. The Palm employees are all running the beta software with all the latest fixes, so they don't get to experience what we do.

    All said and done if these were the choices:
    1) Get an HSDPA update in Q1 and no WM6 later.
    or
    2) Get the WM6 update which includes HSDPA and all fixes, but in Q3.
    Then I'd prefer #2 I guess.

    It's self serving on Palm's part, though. Later this year they'll release a Treo 750 refresh that will have WM6 pre-installed. So all of the work going in the WM6 update works for the upcoming model.
    That's one reason I expect we'll eventually see the WM6 update this year as they have to complete it before they can ship the new model.

    Of course this is all based on rumor and speculation.

    In any case. Expect the WM6 update in Q3. August/Sept/Oct.
    If we're lucky, close to the end of July, but don't hold your breath. I'm thinking August.
  20. maevro's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #40  
    How much different will the HSDPA fix be when it is released then the hack that that is available? I have been using the hack for at least a month and get very nice speeds.

    I really would like WM6 already.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions