• no TREO ALERT status [3]

9 27.27%
  • with the TREO ALERT status [3]

12 36.36%
  • other ( something i didn't include above

4 12.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1.    #1  
    With the many options of thing to display in the carrier plugin, we would like to ask you, the users of TREO ALERT, to voice your requests of what you would like to see displayed in the carrier plugin. there are too many options to put all of them in the app, so we want to know the ones most of you want.

plase only choose you top 3.

if there was not one in the poll options, just choose "other" and reply to this thread with what you would like to see. we would love to hear new ideas. reply to this thread with anything that has to do with the display of TREO ALERT.

let us know what you think of the TREO ALERT status [3] that is displayed as well. do you like it or not.

thanks, cody and phil (slingbox)
    Last edited by codyppc; 05/02/2007 at 11:25 AM.
    Giving a little back round to the newbes that have not yet used TA what that Status symble means to you.examble 5.2 build pics
    3,2,1,D
    http://upload7.postimage.org/761597/photo_hosting.html

hehehe keep in mind thats the only way of knowing what alert setting is currently active,If you forget the alert setting you have chosen you must choose it again form the alert settings menu.

link to the latest TREO ALERTS PRO 5.6 BETA 4

TREO 750 version can be found post# 653
    TREO 700WX/W version can be found post# 649
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...66#post1249366

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited
    Last edited by slingbox; 05/02/2007 at 12:43 PM.
    Mostly, I'd like to be able to configure it the way I choose, to include choices on sounds on or off, vibrate on or off and led on or off.

1. Activation sounds on or off
    1. Notification sounds on or off.
    2. Vibrate on with switch on?
    3. Vibrate on with switch off?
    4. LED on with switch on?
    5. LED on with switch off?

This sort of approach would let anyone have just exactly what they wanted without having to re-edit the code with every version that rolls out.

BTW: Great job, Sling!

Figuring what to display is trickier, without a doubt.

I will think on it some more as to how to have an approach that allows more user flexibility to get just what one wants.
    It really is trickier f,sure..I think the biggest result we want to acomplish is keeping the user alert of everything.It is really is hard to do for every user has a diffrent prefrence.Were not going to make every user happy but we will sure darn try.Having it,s own carrier bar display in the future builds will be of great help keeping all the users happy.To this day PA keeps getting stuff added inturn it,s bloating with more problems then started .....We dont want to go that direction.
  5.    #5  
    sling, sling. you voted more than three times. your votes don't count now. sorry.

thank you everyone for voting. your helping build a better tomorrow.
    poor cody lol ..check your e-mail and smile
    Is TA still using the Carrier line or using the Billboard?
  8.    #8  
    carrier line for one more version. the beta is out for that and final release maybe this weekend. after that we should be going to billboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    carrier line for one more version. the beta is out for that and final release maybe this weekend. after that we should be going to billboard.
    Cool. I noticed that the carrier line is restricted, since there needs to be room for the BT icons, Network icon, TTY icon, and I think another icon. At least with the Billboard, TA can utilize the full width of the field.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Cool. I noticed that the carrier line is restricted, since there needs to be room for the BT icons, Network icon, TTY icon, and I think another icon. At least with the Billboard, TA can utilize the full width of the field.
    even with the restrictions, i think we have done a pretty good job of displaying are stuff. that cDate, xcast, scottys sprots thing, treo alert, ect. billboard will be nice for lots of stuff, but i think many will still want the carrier plugin to see there bluetooth status. so we still need to do something with that. lol
    even with the restrictions, i think we have done a pretty good job of displaying are stuff. that cDate, xcast, scottys sprots thing, treo alert, ect. billboard will be nice for lots of stuff, but i think many will still want the carrier plugin to see there bluetooth status. so we still need to do something with that. lol
    Yeah, I know. This is why I chose not to use the Billboard with cDate. Just trying to make it simple. Besides, if I did use Billboard for the long date, I eliminate the BT and network icon. There are other apps, like LVMtime and TodayDate that basically displays the date only without the network and BT icon.

I'm assuming the original TA and Xcast used the carrier line, since it was so easy to display a value on the Today's screen. Now with Billboard, there's a better option.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Yeah, I know. This is why I chose not to use the Billboard with cDate. Just trying to make it simple. Besides, if I did use Billboard for the long date, I eliminate the BT and network icon. There are other apps, like LVMtime and TodayDate that basically displays the date only without the network and BT icon.

I'm assuming the original TA and Xcast used the carrier line, since it was so easy to display a value on the Today's screen. Now with Billboard, there's a better option.

Can the network and BT icon be put back in with Billboard?
  13.    #13  
    I don't think anyone uses the network icon ( which really is just the location gps track where you are at for 911 icon).

icons could be put in there. I don't thing we could put the same bluetooth icon in there though. we could put an icon in there though that would do the same thing basically. once we figure billboard out completely.lol.
    I don't think anyone uses the network icon ( which really is just the location gps track where you are at for 911 icon).
    Right. Maybe an icon showing phone on/off? That might be useful, if we do nto use a "phone off" message

icons could be put in there. I don't thing we could put the same bluetooth icon in there though. we could put an icon in there though that would do the same thing basically. once we figure billboard out completely.lol.
    Assuming that we (meaning you and Sling, mostly, I think ) could properly figure out all the Bluetooth states, I see no reason the same icon could not be used - it's really just a series of icons to display conditionally, right? I put this, though, in the area of "non-trivial." Still, I suspect we could make it look and feel just the same as it is now, which would be very useful for many.
    I'm thinking not, since Billboard requires Mortscript still. Mortscript has it's limitations.
  16.    #16  
    i cant belive 4 people chose "other" in the poll and never told us what "other" thing thay wanted.

hmmm.

i guess we could do that. would be pretty easy.
    Just curious, is there a way to change the color of the led depending on like missed call versus email? Red for one and green for the other.
  18.    #18  
    not yet, but that is one of my missions. i haven't worked on it much. many have tried and said it can't be done. there probably right, but i haven't giving up hope.