Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ...that 6800 is looking tempting.

I know for a fact we will eventually be able to cook the rom because it is so close to the GSM variant and XDA doesn't play around.

The only downside... that sliding keyboard. I use TEXT messaging so much I don't know if I could handle the keyboard being right there. It's tempting to think I want another device right now. But... AKU 2.2 is just messed up... the specs on the 6800 are REALLY nice though.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Do we have a release date yet?
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    ...that 6800 is looking tempting.

I know for a fact we will eventually be able to cook the rom because it is so close to the GSM variant and XDA doesn't play around.

The only downside... that sliding keyboard. I use TEXT messaging so much I don't know if I could handle the keyboard being right there. It's tempting to think I want another device right now. But... AKU 2.2 is just messed up... the specs on the 6800 are REALLY nice though.
    If you text alot, you will hate the sliding keyboard.
    NYC_rock is right... I had a 6700 after a 650 and I'm a big texter... (over 10,000 this past month) that phone made me crazy... ran back to a treo within a few months.
    That and its going to be good 'ol WM5. If I'm going to shell out $$ for a new device, I want it to be a new device (in all respects).
    it was set for may. I think may 14th. buy the news is now that there holding off until september. rumor is that thay want to release it with rev a and wm 6. right now it is just wm 5 and rev a upgradeable.

I don't want to see just a 6700 in a new piece of plastic. waiting and releasing it with rev a and wm 6 may make me consider. I do miss the larger screen. unlike the 6700 and the wx, I won't get it on the day it comes out. I will sit back and wait for the reviews. i'll always keep my treo just in case I start missing it.

I do agree that the aku on the treo's need to be updated. aku 3.xx are so much faster and full featured.

i'm in no hurry. wx doing good.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    it was set for may. I think may 14th. buy the news is now that there holding off until september. rumor is that thay want to release it with rev a and wm 6. right now it is just wm 5 and rev a upgradeable.

I don't want to see just a 6700 in a new piece of plastic. waiting and releasing it with rev a and wm 6 may make me consider. I do miss the larger screen. unlike the 6700 and the wx, I won't get it on the day it comes out. I will sit back and wait for the reviews. i'll always keep my treo just in case I start missing it.

I do agree that the aku on the treo's need to be updated. aku 3.xx are so much faster and full featured.

i'm in no hurry. wx doing good.
    yea i don't think i will get it right away. the wx has been pretty much everything i want and need. just wish we could get a custom rom with better aku. but other then that im happy with the wx and love how the keyboard is there and i don't got to slide the damn screen.
    10000 texts in one month? WOW I have not sent that many in my whole life. WOW
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    NYC_rock is right... I had a 6700 after a 650 and I'm a big texter... (over 10,000 this past month) that phone made me crazy... ran back to a treo within a few months.
    10,000? Wow.

Do your thumbs hurt?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigmattFromJeRSeY View Post
    yea i don't think i will get it right away. the wx has been pretty much everything i want and need. just wish we could get a custom rom with better aku. but other then that im happy with the wx and love how the keyboard is there and i don't got to slide the damn screen.
    have yoou had prolems syhcing? and where did you get that anamation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    10,000? Wow.

Do your thumbs hurt?
    Well that is incoming and outgoing combined...
  12.    #12  
    Heh, and I thought my 3,500 texts monthly was a lot.

Still, the SPECS on the 6800 make the Palm efforts look silly:

256 ROM / 64 RAM
    Dual Core Processor (133 for phone / 400 for PDA)
    BT 2.0
    WiFi
    ROM cooking (eventually, HTC supports their devices too!)

Are just some of the improvements.

Here are the arguments against:

I hated my sliding keyboard on the 6700 (but I feel that was because it was a crappy implimentation, felt chinsy)
    NO WM6 (not a deal breaker for me)
    No RevA when launched (although rumor is they may delay the launch to include it)

Still, the SPECS on the 6800 make the Palm efforts look silly:

256 ROM / 64 RAM
    Dual Core Processor (133 for phone / 400 for PDA)
    BT 2.0
    WiFi
    ROM cooking (eventually, HTC supports their devices too!)

Are just some of the improvements.

Here are the arguments against:

I hated my sliding keyboard on the 6700 (but I feel that was because it was a crappy implimentation, felt chinsy)
    NO WM6 (not a deal breaker for me)
    No RevA when launched (although rumor is they may delay the launch to include it)
    It does sound interesting but I know if I jumped ship on my WX I would regret it sooner or later... is there a price set for it yet?
    It is a lot, just not as much as some
    -Parrott84

The Treo 700wx was a great device. Especially for one handed use, but it would be hard to give up my Mogul now.

myChristianConnection.org
    Quote Originally Posted by kworld View Post
    have yoou had prolems syhcing? and where did you get that anamation?
    nah i don't have problems syncing. but someone said they never got a email i sent so im going to test it out now make sure its all working.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    It does sound interesting but I know if I jumped ship on my WX I would regret it sooner or later... is there a price set for it yet?
    Internals were quoted at $549.99 before discounts. That would be interesting to see considering most PPCs from Sprint have had the 599.99 - 649.99 price tag associated with it.

I might ask Sprint for a 30 day trial.
    Internals were quoted at $549.99 before discounts. That would be interesting to see considering most PPCs from Sprint have had the 599.99 - 649.99 price tag associated with it.

yea i don't see how it would be cheaper then 700wx but if it is 550 i can probaley pay that. but i will not sell my wx to get that. i love my treo to much.

The 6700 is still $400 on Sprints web site... to me that is crazy. My buddy who works for Sprint can get it for $280 straight up. I may look into the 6800 but I won't dump my WX.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigmattFromJeRSeY View Post
    yea i don't see how it would be cheaper then 700wx but if it is 550 i can probaley pay that. but i will not sell my wx to get that. i love my treo to much.
    Agreed, again, I do love my 700wx, best phone I've owned. PERIOD. However, I just don't see Palm being able to keep up with the demands of the real market. AKU 2.2 is just pathetic... 3.x improves upon so much in WM5. Now, I know this is partly Sprint to blame, because they don't force AKU updates upon Palm and it costs them an arm and a leg to release them, but they aren't rushing out any AKU updates for the 750 either (hell, took them over a year to do a MR on the 700P). This leads me to believe its a Palm issue more than a Sprint issue (Sprint has released ROM/AKU updates for various devices, including the 660x and the 6700 series).

So, what I am saying is, how much longer will the 700wx being able to compete with what is coming out and hold up to intensive programs? We will eventually run out of memory/processing power/storage when the market evolves, does Palm intend to keep up with that? I just don't know... and I am not saying this because I am itchy for another device, I am saying it because it's what Palm does.
    Agreed, again, I do love my 700wx, best phone I've owned. PERIOD. However, I just don't see Palm being able to keep up with the demands of the real market. AKU 2.2 is just pathetic... 3.x improves upon so much in WM5. Now, I know this is partly Sprint to blame, because they don't force AKU updates upon Palm and it costs them an arm and a leg to release them, but they aren't rushing out any AKU updates for the 750 either (hell, took them over a year to do a MR on the 700P). This leads me to believe its a Palm issue more than a Sprint issue (Sprint has released ROM/AKU updates for various devices, including the 660x and the 6700 series).

So, what I am saying is, how much longer will the 700wx being able to compete with what is coming out and hold up to intensive programs? We will eventually run out of memory/processing power/storage when the market evolves, does Palm intend to keep up with that? I just don't know... and I am not saying this because I am itchy for another device, I am saying it because it's what Palm does.
    yea all we need is one update so people can start making custom roms. Coome on sprint give us a hand lol.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast