1.    #1  
    You'd think for 600 dollars it'd be a little more out of the box bug free...

So anyways, I read some threads and still have a few questions...

My palm 750 is getting the error "usb device not recognized:
    One of the usb devices(my treo) attached to this cpu has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it." out of the box- the software didnt cover something?? Patches anyone?

So pretty much I cant access any directory's of my treo... So I cant sync/back anything up or add programs.. Which brings me to my next question:

Where does the driver for the USB tether go? (PALM_USBMDM.INF) < noobiest question ever...

With bluetooth- some invalid access permissions are thrown, but I think that's on my own side. Help is appreciated tho.

There was a download link to PDANet that didnt work, anyone have a current link that works? Thanks.

On a side note: I heard linux was close to being public on the 750... anyone have any info about that..

Personally, I think a chopped version of ubuntu + beryl would be sick on a PDA.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    well cs first what system are you running...xp, vista, mac...i cant help you out with the blue tooth, cause i teather and sync through cable...if your running vista there is a usb driver for teathering floating around here somewhere...hope this helps some...
  3.    #3  
    yea I'd like to tether and sync thru the cable also, I've got laptop and a desktop.. both run XP.... or linux... but XP for this X)

where's the usb driver file go? It doesnt install anywhere.. I mean does it go into my phone or the laptop?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    okay the driver should be included with the disk that came with the phone...and the driver is loaded into the computer...and i have it both working for xp and vista...
    Not sure whether this is relevant to you but I also had a lot of problems syncing my 750v with my PC until I unchecked "Enable advanced network functionality" under Settings > Connections > USB to PC. After that, syncing has been 99% reliable for me
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kenkaw View Post
    Not sure whether this is relevant to you but I also had a lot of problems syncing my 750v with my PC until I unchecked "Enable advanced network functionality" under Settings > Connections > USB to PC. After that, syncing has been 99% reliable for me
    Yep. I second that. You likely need to uncheck this option.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcalloway View Post
    Yep. I second that. You likely need to uncheck this option.
    That has been the root cause of my syncronization issues. I thought I had unchecked it but that was BEFORE my last hard reset.
  8.    #8  
    It's still an unknown device.. I cant seem to get my cpu to acknowledge it.
    active sync doesnt detect, my cpu doesnt know what it is... X( I'm screwed.
    Obvious question (but not apparent from the thread) - have you tried disconnecting, rebooting your PC AND the Treo and then reconnecting?
  10.    #10  
    Alright I figured it out. for future reference, it was the driver + i didnt know you had to deactivate the tethered modem in order for sync to recognize it. And I didnt know the driver had to be on the PDA. So if your having problems connecting, try deactivating your modem link, then installing the driver ( this driver
    ) to your desktop, then plug your phone in, then it should try searching for software to install: do search advanced(specific location)> desktop > it'll find the driver and update it all...

GL to anyone having issues out of the box..

Another issue I had with hearing phone calls was UNCHECKING the TTY/TTD on MENU > preferences > phone settings.

bugs galore... :-\