1.    #1  
    The Palm Treo 650 had a nice simple alarm program. I personally hate the built in Pocket PC alarm. Does anyone have a recommendation for a simple reliable alarm clock?

Thanks!
    Treo 750 with:
    Wisbar Advance
    SBSH PocketWeather
    Resco Pocket Explorer
    Pocket Informant
    HSDPA Hack
    Logbook Pro APDL

Owned lots of others including Original Palm, IBM Palm, Handspring, Treo 650... on an on...
    The builtin alarm is the best. Almost all good palm alarm programs like mother or butler mimic Pocket pc builtin alarm.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Take a look at Spb Time.
    I couldn't agree more. It's completely unreliable also.

I have a standard alarm for every week day to wake up my kids for school.

About two to three times a month, it just does not go off. The only comon thread from all of the instances is another reminder before or after the alarm that needs to be dismissed.

The 750 sucks. Sorry in advance to all that love it. I'm waiting for the OS upgrade and if that isn't radically better, sell it and call it a good decade with Palm.
    Since getting AlarmToday from PocketMax every alarm that I have set whether it be an Event, Task, or Alarm Clock has gone off on time and reliably and even repeats.

As with WM2003/SE there are some problems with WM5's ability to fire notifications pertaining to alarms. Alarm Today has a WM5 alarm fix setting and like I said, it has worked wonders.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I personally hate the alarm on my 750. As a Cingular user, I dial #121 from my phone and ask for a "wake up call". It's voice activated, you tell them what time you want, and give your number. It will call you back and my ringer's loud enough that I wake up everytime.

It's a free service but just uses air time whenever you call.
    Cool jrwear25,

Didn't know about that service. More details here (can dial *8 too):

http://www.cingular.com/learn/basics.../voiceinfo.jsp
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970 View Post
    Cool jrwear25,

Didn't know about that service. More details here (can dial *8 too):

http://www.cingular.com/learn/basics.../voiceinfo.jsp
    Thanks.. That's exactly what I use.. I knew about #121 about 6 years ago when I worked for AT&T Wireless (before Cingular took over) so maybe they've changed the number since then.. But #121 still works for me..
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Since getting AlarmToday from PocketMax every alarm that I have set whether it be an Event, Task, or Alarm Clock has gone off on time and reliably and even repeats.

As with WM2003/SE there are some problems with WM5's ability to fire notifications pertaining to alarms. Alarm Today has a WM5 alarm fix setting and like I said, it has worked wonders.
    JGold:
    Just installed AlarmToday and have a question about the repeat feature.
    I noticed you can not set for the Alarm to repeat Endless.
    I also have PhoneAlarm by the same company PocketMax and there is an option for the program to notify you Endlessly when you miss a call or have voice message.
    I wonder why the AlarmToday does not have this Endless feature but PhoneAlarm does. Do you know any way to change so AlarmToday will notifiy Endlessly? The only option is to repeat it 15 times
    Thanks
    JohnMP
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMP View Post
    JGold:

I wonder why the AlarmToday does not have this Endless feature but PhoneAlarm does. Do you know any way to change so AlarmToday will notifiy Endlessly? The only option is to repeat it 15 times
    Thanks
    JohnMP
    I assume the developer did that to prevent potential battery drainage in the case where the alarm is not responded to. Heck, if 15 times is not enough then I don't know what is.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Sbp Time has some great alarm features...

- Alarm tweak so alarm volume is at different level from device volume. Useful if you have device volume set to the lowest volume.
    - Alarm volume can either be at normal volume, loudest volume, or escalate
    - Snooze function
    - Alarm can be continuous, set to dismiss after a specific time limit, or snooze after a specific time limit
    - Also includes timers and lap timers, world time clocks, and clock with calendar

I use it and love it.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    If you use Spb Time on a Treo, though, be aware that the user interface may appear mystifying as you will not see the navigational controls on a square screen. The D-pad takes their place, so make sure you read the online user manual thoroughly to understand it. Confused the heck out of me at first...
    One more vote for SPB time. The alarm hasn't failed me yet and the extra free skins are really nice. I use the colon. The whole thing makes for a nice bedside clock when the phone sits in a cradle.
    Walter from HMC
    wisdom is born by questions
    The PDA world before my Treo 750:
    Casio, Siena, Psion 3a, Revo, m505, m515, vX, Treo 270,
    Treo 600, Nokia 9300, MDA Vario, ASUS P525

MacBook 13"3 Core 2 Duo 2GHz 2GB 160HDD and
    Treo 750 both actuell over exchangeserver by 1&1
    and my awesome Smart Roadster Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by jrwear25 View Post
    I personally hate the alarm on my 750. As a Cingular user, I dial #121 from my phone and ask for a "wake up call". It's voice activated, you tell them what time you want, and give your number. It will call you back and my ringer's loud enough that I wake up everytime.

It's a free service but just uses air time whenever you call.
    That's awesome! I am loving it!!
    I also used Chronos in the past (http://www.activekitten.com/en/games/detail.php?ID=351).
    Now I use Spb time.