1.    #1  
    How can this be done?

It wont give me the option in the standard button change screen....
    Quote Originally Posted by ImagesInc View Post
    How can this be done?

It wont give me the option in the standard button change screen....
    If you are talking about the childish dialpad from Palm, there is no way to assign a button to it (Possible if you know how to write a mort script). For the wm5 builtin dialpad, you need do some hacking work, then assign the phone application to the side button.

By the way, why do you want to assign the side button to the dialpad? Isn't the green button good enough?
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  3.    #3  
    I have a treo 750....so WM5

I thought the one click option would be quicker.
  4.    #4  
    Also...when in call (like voicemail) it would be nice to be able to not have to hold the one key and press another for options
    It can be done on the 700wx, so it should work on the 750

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...15&postcount=8
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  6.    #6  
    I cant figure out how to move the shortcut to the programs area
    stroths is right, the dialpad from palm is a separate program, not one part of phone application. The name is phonedialer.exe. You just need make a shortcut for phonedialer.exe to /windows/start menu.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  8.    #8  
    ok...i found the phonedialer.exe...how do i paste that to the program menu? the other link does not tell how...
    Last edited by ImagesInc; 05/02/2007 at 04:47 AM.
  9.    #9  
    I get the error message cannot copy "PhoneDialer" Executable and resource files in ROM cannot be copied
    Quote Originally Posted by ImagesInc View Post
    I get the error message cannot copy "PhoneDialer" Executable and resource files in ROM cannot be copied
    You only have 6 posts so far, wow. You need make a shortcut to that program, not copying the program. There are a lot of programs to make shortcut, such as total commander, resco explorer.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    You only have 6 posts so far, wow.
    As nubbish as he sounds. I don't think anyone should be criticized for trying to figure something out.
    Windows < ubuntu + beryl (UNIX/Linux)... now time to code..

yay for hackers and all the wonderful tools used by said brains.
    Anyone play counterstrike?
    Quote Originally Posted by cs4cashHiPPO View Post
    As nubbish as he sounds. I don't think anyone should be criticized for trying to figure something out.
    Don't be serious. We already told you more than 3 times to make a shortcut, but you are still trying to copy the original program. I just want to know why you didn't know the difference between a program shortcut and a program. In fact, both windows and mac use shortcuts too.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  13.    #13  
    cellneuron you are a jerk.

I figured it out.

FYI...... I also built my last computer....this is my first time around with a PPC...

AND...everything I've learned...I've read...thanks for not helping me......I learned it despite you.