1.    #1  
    Has anyone had any success with http://www.mykesoft.com/textr/index.php . This seems like it would work well but I cant get it to install.
    That looks nice... It uses .NET CF but it looks nice.

What kind of issue are you having?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    When installed, does this messaging app take over so you dont get 2 pop-ups..?

UPDATE: I can install, but I cant run this program. I keep getting a missing dll problem. I also have the palm messaging installed so that may be the reason why.
    Last edited by Raspster; 05/01/2007 at 08:16 PM.
    This looks nice and all, but why would I pay for something I already get free with another app, which works very dandy BTW?
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Thats true. The palm messaging app is GREAT but some people have had problems with it and also some people will not bother to go thru the steps to get it installed, this looks like a quick install program. Who know, if it even works. I will always use the palm first as it has worked for me flawlessly and if it ant broke, dont fix it but this looked interesting as its the best looking self install threaded SMS program for WM5 that I've seen yet.
    Global Posts
    20,084 Global Posts
    I noticed it says try it for free. Then before downloading, saw 21 days trial. How much is it after the trial?

Still will not pay to have it....
  7.    #7  
    I installed it and got the missing dll error. I posted to their website but they havent responded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayden0606 View Post
    I noticed it says try it for free. Then before downloading, saw 21 days trial. How much is it after the trial?

Still will not pay to have it....
    there is a link at the top of their page that says buy...29.95 after the trial...
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspster View Post
    I also have the palm messaging installed so that may be the reason why.
    That would be my bet.
    why is this thread still going.

does anyone even have this working on a treo?

do you guys understand that requiring net framework means your phone will now be supper slow.

$30 to save yourself the trouble of installing the FREE PALM THREADED SMS APP. its not that hard. I feel that the few that have had problems didn't install it right or had someother problem that thay though was the app. 10000 people have it working fine. what make them think there is something wrong with the app and not the installer... I don't know.

I posted the best install instruction I could in the first sticky. give it another shot. post questions if you need to. we will help you get the best sms app running.
    Hi, I recently upgraded to a Treo 700wx. A friend of mine has the 700p with the threaded SMS chat feature. Much neater and organized compared to my 700wx, so I searched for a way to add it to my phone. I was about to try my luck and install the Threaded SMS App here when I found the Textr link. I have the trial installed but it is very sloooooooow. Plus although installed and running, it is generating errors, guess I will try the threaded app...
    iv been using threaded sms app and it works just fine for me i was reading the features of textr and i DO like how you can have the photo on it but more importantly that you can store your text messages on a SD card, anyway to tweak or rip these features off to update the sms app hehe
    does anyone have an activation code for textr that they don't mind sharing?....thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bizzy View Post
    does anyone have an activation code for textr that they don't mind sharing?....thanks!
    You're kidding, right? That's called theft.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    AKA Pirating software.
    Just installed it on my brand new 700wx and LOVE IT!!!!!!
    of course I'm kidding...I live in the tech field. I wouldn't steal software. The old-fashion way works best. Buying it!