Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    did you guys see this...

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/phonesuite/?en

well I tried it and it didn't last long. good thing for free trials. lol

doesn't kill pa, ta, or much of anything.

just thought I would share.
    Last edited by codyppc; 05/01/2007 at 06:59 PM.
    I like it but the automatic profile switching doesn't work for me.
    Cody - I was a tester for this. It's gone through a TON of changes to get it where it is now. But it is very cool. Lots of functionality. It's got a permanent spot on my device. Feel free to ask me anything about it - I'll help you out any way I can. Been using it in its various states since December 06...
    END OF LINE
    cody, i saw the post with the press release in it yesterday http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=142067. Is Treo Alert needed if you use this SPB util? I currently use Phonealarm, and i'm fine with it and all, but I always like to tinker with new stuff, but don't want to lose profiling changes, or visual indicators for missed calls/voicemails/sms/emails. So I was just curious!
    I'm actually using both Treo Alert and Phone Suite. I just configured Treo Alerts to show me battery and signal strength and I have PS running underneath it for quick triggers to SMS, email and voicemail.

But you're referring to a different app anyway. Phone Weaver and Phone Suite are not the same -
    END OF LINE
    wow, i really got it wrong. even wrong company LOL.
    Last edited by doubleu; 05/01/2007 at 01:16 PM.
    heheh it funny how Mortscript can wake up Developers.Good job on spb part but I use what I build
    Last edited by slingbox; 05/01/2007 at 01:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    But if you have the Mobile Shell then you have half of these features don't you?
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Will this use the LED to alert you if you have an email, SMS, etc? That's mainly why I have using phone alarm
    I know this..It,s one hefty program taking up some space.The user response is slow as well with freezes present.20 bucs hmm..It seems it,s time to add profiles to TA
  11.    #11  
    I have mobile shell. don't use it. not complaining here. to each his own.

this new spb product I pretty cool, but it doesn't do ringtones with the profiles. it doesn't do repeat alarms for email or voice mail, just sms and missed calls.

I am using it with treo alert. it has it's own carrier bar so I can display anything that treo alerts did in the spb app. xcast, cdatem what ever could still be displayed here as well. hidelogo again and you get a clean look. it will post a pic of my setup later.
    SpB takes some space at 1.65MB< Edit <---2.5MB so
    Dont forget after you uninstall it eats 0.31MB of RAM && Duplicate Notifications at 368 bytes..So use MemMaid to clean up the mess.
    Keep in mind I only had it installed on my device for 15 min and a couple test calls.

update my bust..it,s cabed at 1.65MB and sits in device at 2.5MB
    Last edited by slingbox; 05/01/2007 at 02:32 PM.
  13.    #13  
    here is my look of the day.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    It takes some space at 1.65MB so,
    Dont forget after you uninstall it eats 0.31MB of RAM && Duplicate Notifications at 368 bytes..So use MemMaid to clean up the mess.
    Keep in mind I only had it installed on my device for 15 min and a couple test calls.
    I don't uninstall anything.

I hard reset and then restore from a backup file. takes me only 10 minutes, and I know ALL IS GONE. you can't be afraid to try new things.

if this did repeat notifications for emails and voicemail like it does sms and missed calls. and it did rintone changes with the profiles changes.... I would keep it.
    Cody, that looks good on top. I'm still not using hidelogo because I want my BT status shown as my headset still drops CONSTANTLY (sorry, hannip, I think it's my headset). Very cool, though.
    END OF LINE
    never afarid.I gave it a download and submited my results..I try to stay away mem hogs .I find they slow down your device giving lackluster preformance not forgetting pacman eat ram..
    hardresets...hmm the device was not built to do a hardreset everytime you dump mem hogs that work there way so deep in your os they begin to take over...Does that make sence???A hardrest is needed in that case.
    hmm the PA killer...My result lead it to be the TREO killer.
    Never thought I would ever say this but if you are the user that needs profiles...Go PA
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I don't think it's a PA killer, at least yet... it's not skinnable and it takes 2.5 MB over less than the 0.5 MB PA takes. Just my opinion...
    Pib I found it to be pretty darn slow.If your going to eat space make the space worth eating..as I bite my tongue again..For profile PA seems to be the best choice and yes SpB first swing at it..Props to them f,sure but man what a start.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Well I've always sworn by SBSH's apps, they released a profiler as well, PhoneWeaver: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=142067

It has a much smaller memory footprint and SBSH has always released quality applications. I have not tried it because I do not use profiles, I only use PA for the on-screen notification of missed calls, SMS, etc.

I agree with you though, 2.5 MB for what others are doing at much less memory is not worth it.

On a personal note, I have never had good luck with Spb's products anyway.
  20.    #20  
    well I like spb and always give there new stuff a shot. as with spb's shell... it was installed and uninstalled on the same day. oh well, it always fun tring new stuff. lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast