1.    #1  
    My company is forcing the phone lock after one hour of not using it... When i had goodlink and they forced the same thing i was able to fix it through registry.. but for active sync I can't find it anywhere. Basically if you go to settings and then lock... the feature is greyed out...

anybody know where the key in registry for this is so i can uncheck it?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    You won't be able to fix this. This setting is probably one of the conditions that your IT department is sending from their side of the exchange server. This is not a setting that can be changed on the phone itself. But I could be wrong.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  3.    #3  
    well the goodlink forced the same thing... but i was able to uncheck it...
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    But when the settings are being pushed directly from the exchange, Active Sync is just seeing the settings and follows them. With Goodlink, it is a thrid party software that can be manually modified. You have to modify the exchange settings on the server itself for them to take on the phone. I bet your IT department can even wipe your phone if it got lost. This is another feature for the IT department to have control over the phone and the information on it.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Could you set up some kind of recurring "activity" to avoid the timeout altogether?
    Quote Originally Posted by boostinfd View Post
    My company is forcing the phone lock after one hour of not using it... When i had goodlink and they forced the same thing i was able to fix it through registry.. but for active sync I can't find it anywhere. Basically if you go to settings and then lock... the feature is greyed out...

Thanks
    actually I recall someone figured this out. check the registry hacks sticky and run a search.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Quote Originally Posted by boostinfd View Post

Thanks
    If you deal with sensitive data, then I wouldn't do it. You wouldn't want us to see you name/photo all over the news for accidentally leaving your unlocked phone where people can get a hold of sensitive emails or employee lists.

This will also prevent a nosey employee from gaining info from your device.