Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    My 700wx came with a battery that says "Palm" not "Treo" and "3.7 Volts", not 3.6 Volts. All of the battery pics I see available for sale on the web (both OEM and 3rd party) say Treo (or Siedio) and 3.6 Volts. I'm not as worried about the branding as I am the voltage. Is 3.6 Volts enough?

    -Frank
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    My 700wx came with a battery that says "Palm" not "Treo" and "3.7 Volts", not 3.6 Volts. All of the battery pics I see available for sale on the web (both OEM and 3rd party) say Treo (or Siedio) and 3.6 Volts. I'm not as worried about the branding as I am the voltage. Is 3.6 Volts enough?

    -Frank
    its fine current is better measured in Ampere hours on a cell battery as long as they match it will be just fine. should be 1800 mAh
  3. #3  
    Battery voltage (any device) varies (drops) during operation, 100% to 0% (of the peak value), it can also be > 100% during charging. This never is a problem as all devices (that run on batteries) are designed and tolerate some battery voltage variation. In some cases the device also monitors the battery voltage and can shut itself off if the voltage drops too much.

    If you install a battery monitor (that shows graphs) you will see this...
  4.    #4  
    Just FYI... I ordered a package from ebay sold as "700wx charging USB data cable (non-OEM) + OEM battery" for $16 (9.95+5.95 shipping). They arrived today. The charging cable works good. The battery, although pictured as an OEM "Treo", 1800mah, 3.6 Volts was actually a "Palm", 1800mah, 3.7 Volts, exactly like the original batteries I got with the phone (I bought two in the VZW store, with the phone). I guess they just don't bother updating the advertising pics from the Treo branded pics to the Palm branded pics.

    -Frank
  5. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #5  
    If you were going for an extra battery then you should have gone with the 2400mah. It is an extended battery that lasts longer.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    If you were going for an extra battery then you should have gone with the 2400mah. It is an extended battery that lasts longer.
    Well, actually, I have four batteries total (purchased three extra just after I got the phone). I believe in extra batteries. Considering I got 'em off ebay (Palm OEM) for about 8 bucks each, I'm happy with the 1800mAh ones.

    I use this thing (as I am now) for tethering a lot. Often away from power. I always need extra batteries.

    I've owned my Treo for about 2 weeks so far and am loving it. So far I've bought:

    -3 extra batteries
    -1 extra AC charger
    -1 desktop charger (to charge battery alone)
    -PDAnet (just use the BT part installed on the Treo for tethering)
    -1 extra charging USB cable
    -Screen protectors
    -Extra Palm replacement Stylus
    -Sena leather case w/o belt clip

    That's about all I need.

    Whenever I buy a new phone I spend another bunch of bucks for all this crap. Would be nice if it was all more universal

    No matter what, I need my phone to work. I'm an IT consultant and I rely on it not only for voice but for tethering, when necessary.

    -Frank
    Last edited by Frankxs; 05/01/2007 at 04:15 PM.
  7. #7  
    Guys, just be careful about batteries on eBay. One of the genuine Motorola batteries I bought (for a Startac) turned out to be a low capacity battery with a high capacity label stuck on top of it. Possibly counterfeit, possibly just fraud on the relabeling, Motorola doesn't do them that way.

    But a lot of counterfeit lithium batteries (and heck, even the genuine ones made by Sony) have been catching fire while on a charger or in use. Apparently a lot of counterfeit goods are moving on eBay, be sure the vendor has been around for a while.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    If you were going for an extra battery then you should have gone with the 2400mah. It is an extended battery that lasts longer.

    Will this battery require an extended battery cover or will it still fit using the factory battery cover? The current factory battery is sufficient, since I charge nightly and I use a car charger when I'm on the road. But I would like to use a bigger battery, but only if I could use the factory battery cover, so I won't have a big hump in the back.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
    Guys, just be careful about batteries on eBay. One of the genuine Motorola batteries I bought (for a Startac) turned out to be a low capacity battery with a high capacity label stuck on top of it. Possibly counterfeit, possibly just fraud on the relabeling, Motorola doesn't do them that way.

    But a lot of counterfeit lithium batteries (and heck, even the genuine ones made by Sony) have been catching fire while on a charger or in use. Apparently a lot of counterfeit goods are moving on eBay, be sure the vendor has been around for a while.
    I have heard all about those tails of doom. I have bought OEM (real branded OEM) batteries from ebay for my LG VX1, VX10, VX4400, VX7000, VX8000, VX8300, and now the Treo 700wx. I suppose I've bought about 16 batteires total off ebay. In each and every case I received an actual OEM battery that performed every bit as well as the original boxed battery. Granted, I carefully shopped for "OEM" batteries, not knock-offs. For 8 bucks per battery (verses ~$30-$40 from Verizon), I can take the chance!

    -Frank
    Last edited by Frankxs; 05/02/2007 at 09:56 AM.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Will this battery require an extended battery cover or will it still fit using the factory battery cover? The current factory battery is sufficient, since I charge nightly and I use a car charger when I'm on the road. But I would like to use a bigger battery, but only if I could use the factory battery cover, so I won't have a big hump in the back.
    Only the 3200mAh battery takes the special cover. The 2400mAh batteries fit into the existing case.

    -Frank

Posting Permissions