Appears that I need to learn better how to post photos ..., sorry for this first post nOObie mistake.

1. Should the factory USB/Sync cord charge Treo 700wx through a powered USB w/o 115v power cord attached? (I am hoping the 700wx was designed to "charge through powered USB", and that I just have a defective cord.)

2. Based on the photos below, is this factory Sync/Power connector defective? It appears to be a little "short" on the various connectors, including one of the power connectors and a few of the central located conntectors.

Currently 700wx will not charge through this factory USB cord; either via powered USB or by having the factory 115v cord plugged into this "dongle" configured factory cord (it's a pretty hoaky connector cord either way - any suggestions regarding better solutions would be appreciated).

Left-Top
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Desktop\Treo Charger\LowRes\Left-Top - 72dpi Low-Quality x 500.jpg[/IMG]

Right-Top
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Desktop\Treo Charger\LowRes\Right-Top - 72dpi Low-Quality x 500.jpg[/IMG]

Center
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Desktop\Treo Charger\LowRes\Center - 72dpi Low-Quality x 500.jpg[/IMG]

A number of the contacts appear to be problematic I.M.H.O. I am assuming i need to purchase a new cord. Would like to get better than this factory style/arrangement.

Thanks for any assistance.
    Last edited by Spey; 04/30/2007 at 02:55 AM. Reason: photo illustrations did not post
    1. The standard USB/Sync cable does not charge the Wx. I believe there is a thread here showing how to modify the cable to give it the ability to charge the wx via USB.

2. Your photos are stored on your computer, so we cannot view them. You need to upload them to a photo storage site, like www.photobucket.com and then link to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spey View Post
    1. Should the factory USB/Sync cord charge Treo 700wx through a powered USB w/o 115v power cord attached?
    No. Only when the AC plug is inserted into the phone's connector. By design.

-Frank