1.    #1  
    Hi i haven't been able to sync my treo for about 2 months already and its getting really annoying. I bought a new cable, it makes the connection sound when the computer notices a new device but it doesn't sync. I have tried everything and i give up. IS THERE ANYWAY THAT I CAN SYNC MY TREO BY TAKING OUT MY 4 GIG MEMORY CARD AND STICKING IT INTO MY CARD READER IN MY LAPTOP????
    Activesync only works when the PC and device communicate with each other. Activesync on the PC or AS on the device does not work alone. Have you tried upgrading to Activesync 4.5? Did you reboot your PC and soft reset your device before performing an Activesync? Did you try deleting the partnership and creating the Activesync partnership again? If you haven't performed an Activesync in awhile, it sometimes takes awhile before Activesync really starts synchronizing.
    Ya I have ran into some troubles w my contacts...I cant sync anything except files. Its really frustrating bc I cannot sync my contacts. Any ideas? I think its something to do w Outlook but Im not for sure. I think I need to tinker around w it some more but any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Jeep
    One thing I noticed when reading about ActiveSync 4.5... 4.5 will not work with the version of Outlook supplied with Active Sync 4.2 (Outlook 2002). You have to have Outlook 2003, purchased yourself. I can imagine that anyone who loaded Outlook 2002 from the original AS CD (ver 4.2), then upgraded to 4.5 would be pissed. I haven't upgraded yet, but I have Outlook 2003 and 2007 anyway (sooner or later I'll load 2007, running 2003 now).

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    One thing I noticed when reading about ActiveSync 4.5... 4.5 will not work with the version of Outlook supplied with Active Sync 4.2 (Outlook 2002). You have to have Outlook 2003, purchased yourself. I can imagine that anyone who loaded Outlook 2002 from the original AS CD (ver 4.2), then upgraded to 4.5 would be pissed. I haven't upgraded yet, but I have Outlook 2003 and 2007 anyway (sooner or later I'll load 2007, running 2003 now).

-Frank
    I'm syncing 4.5 and outlook 2000 at work with no problems. I haven't installed 4.5 at home yet where I have outlook 2002. You sure it won't work? I know they say it won't but perhaps it works and that it's just not supported?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    I know they say it won't but perhaps it works and that it's just not supported?
    Yep, I've been down that road before Simply not "supported". You definitely could be right. Only testing will tell, I guess.

-Frank