1.    #1  
    I have a pop 3 email account set up on my phone. I receive email fine but if I try to use it to send an email or reply to one, I get an error after sending it that says the address is not valid. any ideas of what could be wrong? Thanks
    This sounds like your SMTP mail is not set up correctly. Check to make sure you have the right info in that area.
  3.    #3  
    its filled out correctly in the smtp server line. I just cant figure out which other settings it could be
  4.    #4  
    just checked the smtp line again and its correct. This is the exact error that im getting:

Your message 'RE: hello' was not sent and has been moved to the Drafts folder.

The following recipients are invalid:

******@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    make sure you dont have a domain name in there for the outgoing mail... leave the domain line blank... thats what made mine finally work cause i kept putting gmail in there and it never worked so i just left it blank and it works great now!
  6.    #6  
    finally figured it out
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    what was it that worked for you?
  8.    #8  
    I finally figured out that road runner won't let you send outgoing mail from a remote source like a treo... so I have to use the alltel outgoing server to send my mail
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I think I have the same problem with Godaddy. they say I can specify an alternate port, but nothing seems to work. (POP works fine)
    I use the Road Runner service, as well. "alltel..." is that another company that'll provide an SMTP? Or, is there some type of service that I can use their SMTP (for free) to reply or send out email from my POP3?