1.    #1  
    Wanted to see if anyone could help with this question.

I have the Tytn (8525 on Cingular) and my co-worker has the 750v on Cingular.

My company has an SharePoint site that can be accessed beyond the firewall only requiring username, password, and domain to login. When I launch the site, I get prompted for all 3 and am able to successfully log in. When he launches, he gets a Unauthorized Access page and is never presented with the prompt for username, password, and domain. I believe we're both on the same version of Pocket IE and I cannot figure out why he can't access it. The only thing I can think of is that I also have SPB PocketPlus installed, which gives you the capability to have more than one Pocket IE window open. I'm thinking that this feature is allowing IE to create a new page for the prompt for me to log in, whereas he is not getting the prompts and the page is trying to bypass the prompt and enter no information...hence the "unauthorized access." Because of the way the prompt opens into a full screen, I can't access the menu to see if it is a separate window.

Any thoughts?
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    i have two suggestions- you can try a seperate sign on page for sharepoint- there are a few 3rd party sign on page templates/instructions available, similar to what you would see on an outlook web access web login.
    short of that, the treo should be able to pass the basic authentication credentials along to the server just as well as the tytn. I don't think that SPB pocket plus would handle that... the difference might be the browser identifier... i've got a few other windows mobile PDAs and they render the full version of most websites whereas the treo will render the phone or mobile version of the sites because of its browser identifier- one of Palm's "enhancements". there are a few hacks available for PIE to report itself as IE6, which will force the render of the full version of a site. that would probably be the easiest thing to try.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Ken. Any suggestions for the hacks to do the IE6 or the other 3rd party apps to pass the sign on page? I really need to get my team mate to access SharePoint in order to access files from the field.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    well you can do the pass as ie6 hack with either SPB's pocketpc tips and tricks or PCCounselor's Tweaks2k2. it's an option in those applications, i'm having trouble finding the actual registry tweak directions.
    The sign on page method i have not done myself with sharepoint, but apparently it is a feature built into the 2007 version and something that can be done with 2003/WSSv2. i googled sharepoint login page or sharepoint sign in page and found a few articles.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)