1.    #1  
    you guys like it? It has 3g or no?

any feedback...thanks

I have a a Cingular line thats eligible for price discount - could get 750 for $299
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    The Treo 750 ROCKS! The 3G is great and the UI is the best of any Treo or Smartphone out there right now IMO.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers View Post
    The Treo 750 ROCKS! The 3G is great and the UI is the best of any Treo or Smartphone out there right now IMO.
    so the web and email works off of 3g?

any known bugs with the unit?

compare to treo 680?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    so the web and email works off of 3g?

any known bugs with the unit?

compare to treo 680?
    There is a sticky above with known bugs.

It is working pretty well for me, with internet performance in Edge areas better than when I used a PDA tethered through another phone (since that was limited to 115K due to bluetooth on the PDA).
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You can get the 750 from Amazon for $99 after rebate, even with existing Cingular service as long as you're eligible for an upgrade. I'm a former 650 user and I like the 750 a lot. The 3G speed is VERY nice.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I love the Treo 750. 3G is great where I live and the phone works very much to my liking. I have had a lot of other phones and this is my favorite as of right now.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I must admit that for the most part I am pretty happy with my 750. There are things that I would like to do like play a certain game (Warfare Inc or Tradewinds) and also things I would like to download from Cingular (Mobile IM app) other than that though I like my 750.

When it boils down to it all phones have issues and all phones and have bugs and all phones have things that people just plain don't like. I am have all manner of PDA phones over the past five years, since I have been in and out of working for any number of wireless companies and I am really comfortable with the 750. I am not even in a 3G area and I am still pretty happy with it. I got it, so that when 3G does come out I can use both voice and data at the same time. If you look at the forums, someone is always asking, is this the right phone, should I get this phone, will this phone do this, or will this phone do that. The answer to all those questions are, what do you want your phone for? Does the phone you like do all that you want? Do you feel that buying a certain phone that you will have to compromise in any thing that you want to do? Once you answer those questions, then you will know exactly what phone you want, or your head will explode, but good luck with finding the right phone anyway........
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
  8.    #8  
    thanks guys - basically I have the 680 right now - I like it but also know that the POS is up in the air right now. I want the treo for PIM, email, web, etc.

I live by Agendus and chatter - mostly Agendus - has anyone tired/used it for WM5? Any comments?

I guess I am trying to move forward into the future and want to get the most out of my current treo offering.

Thanks again for the input.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    You can get the 750 from Amazon for $99 after rebate, even with existing Cingular service as long as you're eligible for an upgrade. I'm a former 650 user and I like the 750 a lot. The 3G speed is VERY nice.
    how is this done?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Well, the price today is $124.99 after rebate. If you try tomorrow it may be different. Link
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    Well, the price today is $124.99 after rebate. If you try tomorrow it may be different. Link
    I am not able to just get the phone and NO service plan - it keeps asking me to choose a plan - I already have a family plan with data. Damn!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You'll have a hard time getting a subsidized phone without a plan. But I'd think you should be able to keep the plan you have. I had been a "Cingular Blue" customer so I needed a new plan anyway.