Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am having a sudden problem with Activesync to our Exchange server. Everything has been working fine for months. Then, yesterday, I began to notice when I was physically in the office, that my Outlook mail had new email that wasn't showing up on my Treo. I went into ActiveSync and noticed that my last Exchange OTA synchronization was hours ago. For my settings, I have the schedule as "when items arrive" for all hours of the day. All of my server settings have been verified and are correct.

When I press the sync button to manually initiate a sync, you can graphically see the sync button depress but nothing happens. There is no data transfer activity on my EV icon.

If I shut off the radio and turn it back on, or soft reset the device, the sync works. I can manually sync multiple times. Then, at some point, it will return to the above behavior requiring a reset of the device again.

Last night, I did a soft reset at about 9pm. This morning when I woke up, my last ActiveSync was at 3:13am in the morning according to the log.

Any ideas? Could this be a Sprint network based issue. I haven't changed anything on my Treo - no new software installs that I haven't had for awhile.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Is your web mail website up? You might want to check that first.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  3.    #3  
    Yes, no issues there.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Is your server getting bogged down overnight? Is anything taking a lot of bandweighth?
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    I am having the same issue as described above. Can anyone tell me if a resolution to this was found?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I had something very similar happen last week on my Verizon WX. I ended up having to do an Exchange Remote Wipe and a restore from a couple months ago to get it to work again (hard reset wouldn't do it and recent backups would recreate the problem). Try backing up your Treo, then hard reset and just put your Exchange settings back in. Let it run until you feel it's working fine. Then do a restore. If that screws it up, repeat the process but use an older backup for the restore.

Interesting this is coming up on both Sprint and VZW....
    When you say restore, are you talking about a sprite backup image? If i do that, I will wipe everything out from the working configuration? If not, I will have to reinstall all software and enter all codes agian
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Yes, a restore from a backup image. How much work this will involve depends on how often you've been backing up. When I restored from a week old backup, the behavior (failure to sync with Exchange) returned. I had to go back about 6 weeks to find a backup that would restore without the problem. Thankfully, I only had a couple of things to manually restore.
  9.    #9  
    I had to use Palm's Device Reset Tool. A hard reset didn't even work. After that, everything was fine.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    That's probably why I had to use Remote Wipe from the Exchange server. I'm assuming that since it takes a good deal longer than a hard reset it's deleting more information. It must be the same as Palm's Device Reset Tool.

Interesting that a few of us are having the same problem at the same time. But some of us are on Verizion and some on Sprint. Hmmmm.
    How do you access the remote wipe feature on exchange. Hard resets arn't working.
    Forgot to mention that i tried hard reset, then just connecting to exchange and that did not work either. no 3rd party apps installed and still not working. Tried to install palms device reset and it wont install on a vista machine.
    I was able to use the palm device restore application. The utility reformatted the device. I put in my exchange server settings and did the initial sync. Im still not receiving mail items as they arrive. My brother is receiveing mail items as they arrive and using the same server so I know it has nothing to with the server. Could it be that my device is bad? Pulling my hair out........
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rshamie View Post
    How do you access the remote wipe feature on exchange. Hard resets arn't working.
    Give the Exchange Remote Wipe a shot. Once you give it the command to delete the handheld relationship, it'll "nuke" your Treo the next time the Treo syncs:

For remote wipe of Win Mobile: https://www.YOURDOMAIN.xxx/mobileadmin

Note: If your web browser gives you problems with that URL, you may need to uncheck the 'Require secure channel (SSL)' on the exadmin vdir (located in Default Website - Exadmin Properties - Directory Security - Secure Communications - Edit)
    We are not able to login to that directory whether ssl is checked or not. What do we need to do to enable the mobile admin feature?
    I think you have to install the mobile admin pak from Microsoft first. it's a small download to install. Then the domain name adobe should work.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LIVE4SPD View Post
    I think you have to install the mobile admin pak from Microsoft first. it's a small download to install. Then the domain name adobe should work.
    Good catch Live! I forgot about that. I just took a look at my records and did find a Word document: "Deploying_Mobile_Messaging_MSFP"

If you need that doc, it's posted on a blog here:

http://geekswithblogs.net/wallabyfan.../20/72789.aspx

And if you need the tool, you should be able to find it here:

It's got a link to find the tool: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54738
    Thanks Mixman for the documenation. It was helpful in configuring exchange and the mobile admin. Unfortunately, Im at my witts end with this. I have tried everything. I ran the palms device reset tool, didnt work. Tried remote wipe, didnt work. Verizon sent me a replcement Treo, same problem.

Other users of Treos in my office are not experiencing this problem. I even tried connecting to my exchange account using another windows mobile device and it worked perferctly (it was a Tmoblie MDA). Emails were pushed to the device immediately.

What is about the combination of a treo and my exchange account that is creating this problem. God I hope one of you has an idea for me because im ready to blow my brains out and run over this thing with my car!
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Can you set up a new Exchange account to configure the Treo to test with? This could be one of those wonderful MS issues where there's something strange in your account on the Exchange server that there's no explanation for.
    Forgot to mention in my last post that I did try creating a new exchange account. Same deal. No direct push. It will receive emails on its own sporadically but not in real time
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast