Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Update from me - my Treo is no longer getting email pushed. I checked the settings and the registry is the same as I modified it to. Tried a soft reset and no difference. Dang!
    Quote Originally Posted by joey304 View Post
    Good question I have not tried the free mail2web account. I still have a lot of problems get my phone to connect to the internet. All it keeps telling me is locating or connecting at the bottom of the web page. Another thing that mine keeps doing is stopping at 10% when sending a picture message. It will timeout and I will have to hit resend 4 or 5 times to get it to go.

Take a look at this thread with people having the same problems.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=143936

Do you have these same problems?

Thanks,
    Joey
    Joey,

Im not having the problem that was decribed in the thread that you pointed me to.

PS - Verizon called today to advise that they are still troubleshooting the issue. I emailed them a link to this thread for reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by rshamie View Post
    Joey,

I'm not having the problem that was described in the thread that you pointed me to.

PS - Verizon called today to advise that they are still troubleshooting the issue. I emailed them a link to this thread for reference.
    It seems that we way have two different issues. The reason my phone is not working has to do with it not staying connected to the internet. When the arrows up top go gray like no data is being transferred, it can take sometime to get those arrows to light back up again. Its like the data connection had timed out.

Anyways talk to Verizon yesterday and they give me a case number and finally push the issues up the ladder. The guy that called me back said that he does see this problem quite often and he thinks that Engineering and Palm are going to have to come up with an update to fix the problem. They are sending me a new phone just to make sure that's not the problem, but he said he felt for sure that it was a programming problem. Anyways new phone should be on the way, let you guys know how things turn out when I get it.

-Joey
    weird, using a sprint 700wx with mail2web and no problems here at all. have it as items arrive from 9am-9pm and every 2 hours at night and never misses a beat. maybe just a verizon 700wx problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23 View Post
    weird, using a sprint 700wx with mail2web and no problems here at all. have it as items arrive from 9am-9pm and every 2 hours at night and never misses a beat. maybe just a verizon 700wx problem?
    I have never seen anyone from Sprint complain about this but I could be wrong. I just thought that it was a problem with Verizon and the Treo 700WX.

-Joey
    Probably not the server. It's your phone. We have had issues with T-Mobile phones especially that think they are roaming for some reason and are not roaming. If you turn the roaming part on in the schedule settings to sync it should start working.

Quote Originally Posted by jalan View Post
    I am having a sudden problem with Activesync to our Exchange server. Everything has been working fine for months. Then, yesterday, I began to notice when I was physically in the office, that my Outlook mail had new email that wasn't showing up on my Treo. I went into ActiveSync and noticed that my last Exchange OTA synchronization was hours ago. For my settings, I have the schedule as "when items arrive" for all hours of the day. All of my server settings have been verified and are correct.

When I press the sync button to manually initiate a sync, you can graphically see the sync button depress but nothing happens. There is no data transfer activity on my EV icon.

If I shut off the radio and turn it back on, or soft reset the device, the sync works. I can manually sync multiple times. Then, at some point, it will return to the above behavior requiring a reset of the device again.

Last night, I did a soft reset at about 9pm. This morning when I woke up, my last ActiveSync was at 3:13am in the morning according to the log.

Any ideas? Could this be a Sprint network based issue. I haven't changed anything on my Treo - no new software installs that I haven't had for awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by joey304 View Post
    It seems that we way have two different issues. The reason my phone is not working has to do with it not staying connected to the internet. When the arrows up top go gray like no data is being transferred, it can take sometime to get those arrows to light back up again. Its like the data connection had timed out.

Anyways talk to Verizon yesterday and they give me a case number and finally push the issues up the ladder. The guy that called me back said that he does see this problem quite often and he thinks that Engineering and Palm are going to have to come up with an update to fix the problem. They are sending me a new phone just to make sure that's not the problem, but he said he felt for sure that it was a programming problem. Anyways new phone should be on the way, let you guys know how things turn out when I get it.

-Joey
    Joey, now that you mention about the grayed out connection light, I am noticing that. So maybey we do have the same issue partly. I dont have any problems connecting to the internet though as they mention in that post. But I think there is some merit to what you are saying because the phone's connection timing out could be the reason that the exchange server cannot ping the phone in order to start the synchronization. It seems that if the connection is intiated by a piece of software, then the connection is there. But its certainly possible that it does time out after a period of time.

Could you please try these two things to see if you have the same result as i do:

1. create a free mail2web account and connect your phone to it and see if the direct push funtionality works (mine does)
    2. Adjust your registry settings to the temporarty workaround that I posted above and tell me if you phone syncs automaticlly.

Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by rshamie View Post
    Joey, now that you mention about the grayed out connection light, I am noticing that. So maybey we do have the same issue partly. I dont have any problems connecting to the internet though as they mention in that post. But I think there is some merit to what you are saying because the phone's connection timing out could be the reason that the exchange server cannot ping the phone in order to start the synchronization. It seems that if the connection is intiated by a piece of software, then the connection is there. But its certainly possible that it does time out after a period of time.

Could you please try these two things to see if you have the same result as i do:

1. create a free mail2web account and connect your phone to it and see if the direct push funtionality works (mine does)
    2. Adjust your registry settings to the temporarty workaround that I posted above and tell me if you phone syncs automaticlly.

Thanks,
    I would like to test this out for you but my phone has gone downhill. Ever since getting off the phone with the Verizon tech support and doing the hardreset my phone has been acting strange. I can't even had a mail server to the active sync. Every time I add something in there and go back its been completed erased like I put nothing in there. Sure am glad that their sending me a new phone.

I did change the heart beat intervals but forgot to post that it did seem to help some but I was still get a major delay in emails.

I'll keep you all posted on my status.

-Joey with a broken down Treo 700WX :-(
    Well I did a few more tests tonight to double check if my problem was verizon related. I did a hard reset on the new 700wx. Then i configured Activesync to syncronize with a know working account with my company's exchange server. Know working account, meaning an account on the same exchange server as mine, with a user who owns a Treo 700w on the Verizon network that had direct push WORKING FINE with his phone. When i connected, I was able to sync, but guess what......NO PUSH EMAIL.

Then I connected his phone back, and PUSH WAS WORKING. Lastly, to confirm that its not the phone, I connected to my free mail2web account with my new phone and direct push worked fine.

In conclusion, it must have somthing do do with my data account with Verizon. I say this because, it cannot be the phone, if it works fine with the mail2web account. It cannot be my server if other users can connect and receive email normally. Perhaps Verizon is unintentially blocking the ping from my company's server because my data account has some type of configuration problem. I have an open trouble ticket with them but they have not provided me with any answers!

This sure is annoying and puzzling! There are so many variables and when you try to make sense of something, some other test completely disproves any theory that you come up with! By process of elimination, it must have something to do with my specific account with Verzion.

There is only one problem with my theory. Later this evening, I walked into a Verizon store and configured a Mortorola Q to sync with my account on our exchange server. No Push on that phone either. How should I interpret that?

So once again, when I think im close to an answer, something comes up to disprove that theory. I sure hope I get a resolution to this. Verizon still has an open ticket for me with no resolution.........
    I used to have issues like that and all I would have to do is make some room in my inbox. maybe that would work for you guys or maybe even try clearing the pie temp files. maybe I'm wrong but figured it cant hurt
    Quote Originally Posted by biggggant View Post
    I used to have issues like that and all I would have to do is make some room in my inbox. maybe that would work for you guys or maybe even try clearing the pie temp files. maybe I'm wrong but figured it cant hurt
    When you say make some room in my inbox, do you mean the inbox on the exchange server or the phone? And please clarify where i find and what are the pie temp files
    RShamie,
    Just so you know I have a client who has the same problem and has had it with 2 different phones now. He had a 700W and now has a 750 with Cingular and has to reset the device several times a wekk for it to continue to work. I have emailed my Exchange provider as they have a direct line to Microsoft and I am hoping we can get somewhere with this problem. I am going on vacation in 2 days and I don't want to have to deal with this while opn vacation. It sounds very fishy to me though as I have another user from the same company that I just setup with a new 750 and she has not had any issues with her sync. She however was setup with a completely new account on the Cingular network the CEO has been using the same account with both of his phones. So this makes me wonder if there is a provisioning glitch that somehow forgets to set a switch or something for the affected accounts i.e. Timeout values on the network when using a data plan. These damn thing's are so complicated and have so many settings and what not it isn't too surprising that someone along the way might forget to check off a value or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by albiemanmike View Post
    RShamie,
    Just so you know I have a client who has the same problem and has had it with 2 different phones now. He had a 700W and now has a 750 with Cingular and has to reset the device several times a wekk for it to continue to work. I have emailed my Exchange provider as they have a direct line to Microsoft and I am hoping we can get somewhere with this problem. I am going on vacation in 2 days and I don't want to have to deal with this while opn vacation. It sounds very fishy to me though as I have another user from the same company that I just setup with a new 750 and she has not had any issues with her sync. She however was setup with a completely new account on the Cingular network the CEO has been using the same account with both of his phones. So this makes me wonder if there is a provisioning glitch that somehow forgets to set a switch or something for the affected accounts i.e. Timeout values on the network when using a data plan. These damn thing's are so complicated and have so many settings and what not it isn't too surprising that someone along the way might forget to check off a value or something.

Thanks for the post. Please keep me abreast of the outcome and/or solution.
    Got my new phone yesterday and surprise surprise I have the same problem. . Don't know what else to do at this point. I know the problem is not with the Exchange Server and that it has to do with the 700WX phone it self. I did seem to notice that it worked much better on the extended network yesterday, almost like it sound. This was the first time that I had been on the extended network.

Has anyone else try using this on the extended network? I'm planning on calling Verizon back today and see what kind of BS they give me this time.

I'll let you all know if I find anything new out, please do the same for me.

Thanks,
    Joey
    Joey, I could have told you that the new phone would not work. If anyone feels you pain, it's me. Im still having the same problem and ive been through 4 different phones. Try the mail2web account to see if it works for you.
    Well I finally got an answer from Verizon about this problem. They know that there something wrong with the Treo 700WX. They told me that they are waiting on Palm to release an update to fix this problem. Now here comes the really interesting part. The tech support guy told me that he's seen Palm take up to 7 months to get an update out on a problem! He wasn't real sure how long Palm had known about the problem but said that he would attach my ticket to the problem as well. He said that this problem is also tied to the phone giving the "no modem found" error message as well.

So now I guess its a waiting game. I made sure that the rep kept my ticket open. I plan on calling just about everyday until this problem is fixed!

I'll keep everyone posted if I hear anything new, please do the same.

-Joey
    ^^^^ Horrible news, as we're running about 35 of those in our current Enterprise install. Everyone has complained since day 1 about the automatic send problem. I'm just a contractor that happens to be working on it, and now I get to pawn the problem off with Palm. Whee.

I'm bookmarking this thread to see if any updates show up. Thanks for a great thread, everyone.
    **New Update**

Being that I have called Verizon data support so many times I got a phone call from the manager of the Verizon Data Support. This man told me that Verizon did know of the "no modem problem" and the data connection problem and they were working on getting it fixed. He then called me back the next day to let me know that he talked to the main engineers at Verizon and that they had the update from Palm and were currently testing it. He said that engineer told him they expect to release the update by the end of the month if there are no problems. Currently they didn't see any problems with what they were testing. So I sure hope that this takes car of all my problems that I am having with trying to get web pages to open and exchange direct push to work.

The manager told me that once the update was released it would be posted on this website. http://support.vzw.com/phones/
    All you have to do is change the model of the the phone to the 700WX.

If anyone sees the update on the website please post it for us all to know.

Thanks,
    Joey
    I have a VZW 700WX, I also have a 700W (dont ask). I never had any data issues with my 700w, push email, internet always worked perfectly. The entire time I had my VZW 700WX, I kept thinking that something is out of wack softwarewise.

I think the actual issue is the 700WX coming back from a passive data connection to an active one. I also think it has something to do with reauthenticating wtih the VZW servers.

I wouldnt be against doing a registry side by side comparison to see what is different related to the internet settings.

Can someone suggest specifically where I could look on both devices?

Thanks,
    Rich
    You are all not going to believe this!

Let me start by saying that I have been using Treo's for years. Started with 600, 650, 700w, now 700wx. This entire event has been soooo frustrating that I was ready to actually look at Blackberry's.

About a week ago, there was a black out in our area due to high demand from the heat. The black out lasted so long that the UPS's shut down EVERYTHING. All servers, firewall, switches, routers, etc. I MEAN EVERYTHING was off for about 20 minutes. Guess what.............

When the power came back on, my Treo lit up like fireworks on the 4th of JULY. Not sure what exactly the issue was but the complete power down of everthing definately reset what ever was stuck. Now keep in mind, we already tried rebooting the front and back end exchange servers so that was not the propblem. It must have been some other type of hardward/software that was the cause.

However, this still leaves several unanswered questions:

1. Why were other devices in the company working flawlessly when only mine did not. (same hardware, server, etc)?
    2. Why were other devices that were connected to my mailbox working yet my treo did not?
    3. Why did I seem to receive real time push email after hours (the middle of the night or after 11 PM)?

I guess its also possible that there was a problem on Verizon's end and the blackout reset their hardware as well. This is such a mystery!

So now I have direct push working for a few days and a new problem is now showing its face. Its as Joey says, my connection seems to be timing out. So direct push works for say 5 minutes (mail arrives almost instantly), then it just stops. If i initiate a sync manually, direct push resumes working for another 5 minutes until it shuts down again. Whats even more strange is that if i connect the phone to a power source, the problem disappears. In the cradle, the connection never times out. Email is arriving in real time.

Its a pain in the but, put I strongly suggest that you switch all of the breakers off for 20 minutes and then power everything back on. This at least solves the direct push problem. The power/internet connection issue is something else that I believe has to do with the phone.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast