1.    #1  
    I am new to the Treo family (and PDA) I had my Treo 700wx (Sprint) for 2 weeks so far and I would like to keep it but I have the following issues that are making me rethink my purchase:

I think Treo 700wx has possibilities of being great but it is lacking some features!!
    1) Is it possible to increase volume on speakerphone and ear piece?

2) I put the phone is keyguard manually (so when I put in my pocket I do not press keys by mistake) by using (option & power) which also turns the device off. when I get a voice message the phone wakes up rings one time and if I am not around it will go back to sleep and I will not even know I got a voice message.
    Is there a way to keep the phone awake and ring over and over so I can know that I got a voice message even if I am not by the phone?

3) Is it possible to sync with the SD card?

4) Is it possible to make a call while I am browsing the Internet?

5) What is best Bluetooth headset (not headphone) with stereo?

6) Is it possible to play music play on the Bluetooth?

7) Is it possible to turn of the click sound when I select programs from Start button and program list etc...?

8) What is best Calendar/Task program?

9) Is there any concern about virus, spyware, etc.. on the Treo 700wx?

Thanks for your help
    John
    1. Don't know
    2. yes, I have Vijay555's keyboard lock (search for cellneuron to post on Cntrol key pro), and phonealarm. There are other options. Someone who knows more ought to chime in.
    3. My sprite backup is set to back up to the SD... You want to sync to it? I may not understand you here...
    4. Who's your carrier? I don't think so.. I might be wrong
    5. Opinion. I don't have one, Do a search and you'll see several preferred by others.
    6. Hannip has a .CAB install for the Sprint phone, Verizon does I understand. Depends on carrier I think (again) Check threads by Hannip.

I don't know much on the rest. I know I may not have been much help, but no one else had answered yet, so...

Do lots of searching the topics here, most of these get answered, just takes time.

My biggest problem was not understanding the new alphabet soup and jargon used for these phones..
    Hope I was some help...
    4) Is it possible to make a call while I am browsing the Internet?
    If you're network supports UMTS/HSDPA, then YES. UMTS/HSDPA can do that since they are using two separate channels for voice & data

6) Is it possible to play music play on the Bluetooth?
    You need to install A2DP the your headset, headphone must support A2DP.

7) Is it possible to turn of the click sound when I select programs from Start button and program list etc...?
    Yes. Create a wave file with no sound and assign it to the sounds for the app open/app close sounds. I remembered creating a thread on it somewhere. If I find it, I'll edit this thread.

8) What is best Calendar/Task program?
    Everyone seems to have their preference. I'm satisfied with the built-in pocket calendar and task with the WM5. I just use Sbp Diary, which displays the info on my Today's screen.

9) Is there any concern about virus, spyware, etc.. on the Treo 700wx?
    Most virus are written for Windows Operating system, not Windows Mobile. There are some anti-virus programs available. The only thing I think why people do not complain about virus issues, is becuase we can easily perform a hard reset in case anything major happens. Thus removing an virus.
  4.    #4  
    I have heard alot about PhoneAlarm I may try it out.

Picked up Sprite backup for free from the Palm site and it great!
    What it mean by Sync is something to work like ActiveSync that will take my calender/task entries and synch them with MS Outlook on my Laptop.
    Seems like for now I have to use Sprite for a general backup (data/settings/ system stuff,etcc) and then ActiveSync to get my calender to sync to MS outlook.
    Thanks for the info that has been very helpfull
    My best advice...be patient. Treos are very user friendly. You just need to do a little research on the net and just "play" w your phone for a little bit. You can find easy little shortcuts and tricks that meet any of your needs that you are trying to do. You can do about anything on them if you find sits like this one...

Jeep