Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Ok, so now I am having the complete opposite problem I was having earlier... I am now on an exchange server and I want to be able to delete e-mails from my Treo's inbox (so it does not get insanely cluttered) but keep them on my Outlook in the office. As of right now, when I delete it on my 750 it deletes it from my Outlook too. Any way around this?
    Quote Originally Posted by ycrazyy View Post
    Ok, so now I am having the complete opposite problem I was having earlier... I am now on an exchange server and I want to be able to delete e-mails from my Treo's inbox (so it does not get insanely cluttered) but keep them on my Outlook in the office. As of right now, when I delete it on my 750 it deletes it from my Outlook too. Any way around this?
    You could move them to another folder on the treo. down side is eventually you'll run out of space.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    So how about this - as littlewaywelt said, make sure you understand how folders work on the Treo (using Exchange ActiveSync, that is).

Any action you make on the device (delete, move to folder - whatever) is mirrored in your Exchange account. So - if you want to manage your mail while mobile, but still make sure the messages are 'in' Outlook, then you need to get on board the subfolder train babeee. While you're on the Treo, move messages over to your Inbox subfolders, and that way they'll be there in your Outlook subfolders, and they won't be gone.

The upside of doing it this way is that you won't <necessarily> bog down your device email load, because by default, the CONTENTS of your subfolders don't show on the device - this is done by default, to save space on your handheld. The folder headers are all there on your handheld so you can move messages over to them, but the CONTENTS of those folders aren't there unless you explicitly set them to sync, on a folder-by-folder basis.

Bottom line - use subfolders, and you'll be happy.