1.    #1  
    Anyone have any experiences with 4gb miniSD cards? Some better than others, any exhibit the "disappearing" SD card trick? I'm looking to get one and soliciting opinions.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    If you search this forum, you'll find many threads on this topic. Happy reading.
    I pretty much read every post in the 750 thread. I have to say I think you are just setting yourself up for disappointment if you are set on getting a 4GB card to consistently work in your 750. I resigned myself to the fact that I will use a fleet of 2 GB cards. This works flawlessly for me even though it isn't convenient. Good luck.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    This 4GB miniSD situation will keep me from getting a Sprint 755 if that is the size SD the 755 will use. I have 3.4GB loaded and am not going to two cards. . . . just stubborn that way.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/26/2007 at 12:36 PM.
    I bit the bullet and purchased a U-TEK branded 4 gig minisd from eBay. I installed it last week and no problems such as missing storage card as of yet. However, I do noticed the card is much slower on writes. So far, I am happy; I can have 2 movies, bunch of MP3 albums and TomTom installed.
    My Transcend 4GB 150x (standard size)SD card also has a "terrible" write score vs. the 2GB I had . . . . . I do not think that is soley a "mini" issue.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    If you search this forum, you'll find many threads on this topic. Happy reading.
    I realize that there are other threads on it. I was hoping for more up to date information and didn't want to continue older threads.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Avoid digitalmediasource.net which has store fronts in Amazon and eBay. They sold me a counterfeit miniSD which also happened to be labeled with the wrong brand. It failed after just a few days as counterfeit SD cards tend to do.
    Using a SanDisk 8G card. Absolutely ZERO problems. You MUST have WM6 to use anything more than a 2G card.
    I have a Kingston 4GB card that I've used in a 755p and a 750. No issues in the 750, and I was using some software on the 755 called cradle care that had a feature that would stop the card from disappearing.