Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1.    #1  
    I have an unlocked 750 that I purchased off EBay. Recently, the touchscreen just stopped working. Touching the screen causes the keyboard lights to come on, but nothing onscreen works. Anyone run into this problem? Any ideas on a fix? Thanks.
  2. #2  
    Just checking, did you calibrate the stylus?
    start-settings-screen then click calibrate screen
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
  3. #3  
    Did you recently apply a screen protector? If so, check if any of it is "tucked" between the screen and the bezel. Also, gently check for dust or anything that may be lodged under there using a business card or something similar.
  4. #4  
    Have you tried a soft reset?
    _______________________

    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
  5.    #5  
    I've had a screen protector on since I first got the thing. I cleaned out any dust in the creases, but no dice. I've tried both soft and hard resets. I've also calibrated it. In fact, I had some trouble calibrating it b/c the screen didn't work. Funny thing is, if I take the battery out and let the thing sit around for a while (couple hours) the screen works for a little bit after I put the battery back in. Actually, that's how I was able to calibrate the screen after a hard reset. Also, sometimes, if the phone sits unused for a long time (half day, etc.) the touch screen will respond to a few touch strokes. Its really frustrating!!!!. Thanks for any further input anyone has.
  6. #6  
    I have encountered what you have been encountering. The touch screen failed to work but on touching it, it will bring out the light from the keypad. I did a hard reset and it works for a few minutes and then fails again.

    I call up Palm and was glad that they do a 1-to-1 replacement for my set.

    My advice is, call up your local support.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by khibnywb View Post
    I've had a screen protector on since I first got the thing. I cleaned out any dust in the creases, but no dice. I've tried both soft and hard resets. I've also calibrated it. In fact, I had some trouble calibrating it b/c the screen didn't work. Funny thing is, if I take the battery out and let the thing sit around for a while (couple hours) the screen works for a little bit after I put the battery back in. Actually, that's how I was able to calibrate the screen after a hard reset. Also, sometimes, if the phone sits unused for a long time (half day, etc.) the touch screen will respond to a few touch strokes. Its really frustrating!!!!. Thanks for any further input anyone has.

    Then it's time to contact your eBay seller and request a replacement. No fun. For your protection, even though he/she might cooperate, file a diptuse in your "my ebay" distuse control just to be on the safe side.

    Good luck.
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    Then it's time to contact your eBay seller and request a replacement. No fun. For your protection, even though he/she might cooperate, file a diptuse in your "my ebay" distuse control just to be on the safe side.

    Good luck.
    Depends on how long ago he bought it...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Depends on how long ago he bought it...
    Touch'e, he said "Recently," so I assumed it was recently but that was in reference to the problem that showed up. However paypal has a 90 day open door on complaints, I believe. So let's hope he lucked out.

    I bought mine off ebay as well but from a trusted seller, and went through everything I could think of to be sure it was functional. -
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    Touch'e, he said "Recently," so I assumed it was recently but that was in reference to the problem that showed up. However paypal has a 90 day open door on complaints, I believe. So let's hope he lucked out.

    I bought mine off ebay as well but from a trusted seller, and went through everything I could think of to be sure it was functional. -
    Yeah...I read the "Recently" that way at first, too. I hope he is still within his dispute time period. The problem is, the eBay seller could easily say it was user error that caused the problem since there's no way to prove that it wasn't. The touchscreen was working when he received it.

    Let's pray he used one of the nicer, more compassionate sellers...
  11. HarryU's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #11  
    This is not a unique problem. I, and others, are having the same issue... here are links of where else it's being discussed:

    http://forum.brighthand.com/showthread.php?t=240323

    and

    http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...ssage.id=16220


    Unfortunately, no solutions yet.

    Let me know if you figure anything out.

    Harry
  12. #12  
    Is anybody thinking of a class action lawsuit against Palm?

    I just started having this problem. I am going to call Palm tomorrow. Bought mine off eBay but bought a SquareTrade warranty with it. But this is BS, that so many users are affected by this. I found the same problem reported on multiple forums.

    Even if Palm replaces mine, what about the security of my data. I'm a doctor and the data on my Palm is time sensitive. I ended up having to hard reset the thing, before removing the battery, which I did to actually switch out my sim card to my previous phone, and then incidentally found the screen working again, but STILL not back to 100%.

    Does anyone know a lawyer who could handle this, because at $500 a pop, these phones shouldn't have an issue like this.

    Seriously, anyone?
  13. maevro's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by swsquish View Post

    Even if Palm replaces mine, what about the security of my data. I'm a doctor and the data on my Palm is time sensitive. I ended up having to hard reset the thing, before removing the battery, which I did to actually switch out my sim card to my previous phone, and then incidentally found the screen working again, but STILL not back to 100%.

    Does anyone know a lawyer who could handle this, because at $500 a pop, these phones shouldn't have an issue like this.

    Seriously, anyone?
    I know the lawyers but let me ask you a question. What kind of info would you keep on your phone? You are allowed to bring confidential info out of the office with you? I only ask because I am in the mental health field and I would lose my license if I brought work out of the office. There was a large lawsuit where a client had HIV and his info was found on a train on a palm (not treo, old school palm PDA) and got out, you don't to guess that there was a major lawsuit.

    My best friend works in pain management and told me that is the exact reason he doesn't keep a PDA type phone.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
  14. #14  
    In their best "outsourced" accent they told me "there are many many people who are very happy with the treo 750, so I tell you this is not a widespread problem" - this was when I told them my digitizer is now dead... again..... for a device this expensive I expect a whole lot more quality than this... more than likely I'll vote with my feet and move off palm as a supplier for my clients.
  15. #15  
    More on this - it does appear to possibly be heat related - after several long phone calls my screen had died again - removing the battery and letting it sit for 15 mins revived it.
    I have asked a friend who works for Palm about this problem - he didn't know of anything but would look into it. Palm's support response was hard reset.
    I've experienced this issue 3 times now - am still looking for conclusive evidence it's HW or SW.
  16. Djhyper66's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #16  
    there no solution when ur touch screen goes out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    only option is to send it back to company for replacement!!
  17. #17  
    I can pretty much reproduce this at will now - long phone calls, heavy inernet usage... anything that heats the device up.
    Letting it cool down brings the touch screen back to life.

    Today I returned it to palm for a replacement.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by khibnywb View Post
    I've had a screen protector on since I first got the thing. I cleaned out any dust in the creases, but no dice. I've tried both soft and hard resets. I've also calibrated it. In fact, I had some trouble calibrating it b/c the screen didn't work. Funny thing is, if I take the battery out and let the thing sit around for a while (couple hours) the screen works for a little bit after I put the battery back in. Actually, that's how I was able to calibrate the screen after a hard reset. Also, sometimes, if the phone sits unused for a long time (half day, etc.) the touch screen will respond to a few touch strokes. Its really frustrating!!!!. Thanks for any further input anyone has.
    same problem here...hasnt happened in a few days but same problem...also my treo stopped syncing properly around same time.
  19. #19  
    returned mine on Friday, received the replacement today - will charge it up over night and see how it goes

    I've been asking around a few friends last week who all have 750's that would be about the same age as mine - interestingly all of them are beginning to exhibit this problem intermittently, all fix it by removing the battery and letting the device cool.
  20. #20  
    run a credit card along the 4 edges of the lcd screen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions