1.    #1  
    Help,

I can't figure this out. For about the last month (since the DST update) all of my email being pushed to my phone is showing 1 hr earlier than it was actually recieved.

This is the same for appoitments. I enter 8:00 on my calender in OUTLOOK and whe it syncs to my phone it shows a 7:00 appoitment.

To clairify, only the phone shows the wrong appoitment times, my desktop email and calender still reflect the correct time

Any ideas, I have gone back to make sure I have all the DST updates, and it appears I do.

Im confused

S
    Last edited by StaciO; 04/25/2007 at 08:36 AM. Reason: more info
    Quote Originally Posted by StaciO View Post
    Help,

I can't figure this out. For about the last month (since the DST update) all of my email being pushed to my phone is showing 1 hr earlier than it was actually recieved.

This is the same for appoitments. I enter 8:00 on my calender in OUTLOOK and whe it syncs to my phone it shows a 7:00 appoitment.

To clairify, only the phone shows the wrong appoitment times, my desktop email and calender still reflect the correct time

Any ideas, I have gone back to make sure I have all the DST updates, and it appears I do.

Im confused

S
    Are you sure whoever is "pushing" you the email is DST compliant on their end?
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Couple of possibilities...

At one point (or even still now) someone changed the displayed time to be correct, but did not change the time zone or apply the DST fix (on either the Palm or the PC)

The appointments that are wrong were entered between the time DST started this year and the original DST start dates. Then, the device was updated afterward.

The PC and the Palm have to both be updated. Maybe one is not.

I would check that on both the Palm and the PC: The DST update is in place and the time zone on each is set to the correct time zone. If setting the correct time zone changes the time to be wrong, reset the time.

The fact that not only your received email is one hour off but that also your own personal calendar sync is one hour off pretty much eliminates your mail server as the culprit, IMHO.

-Frank
    You're using an Exchange system, I take it. Go into Outlook Web Access and check to make sure the timezone is properly set under Options.

I could be wrong, but even if the DST patch was not applied, it should be fine now (as the only thing that changed was the date was pushed up... they should all be the correct time now).
    Mine did this over the weekend. I had it set for network time from Sprint. I went into the settings for the clock and it was set to the wrong timezone even though I didn't change it. I then set it back to central time US and changed the hour to the correct time. It is fixed now.
  6.    #6  
    Well I think I finally found the problem... (Very stupid one too)

In the phones clock, it was set for Central Time zone (correct), but it wasnt set for USA Central time zone.

I corrected that, and all seems to be good.

Thanks everyone