1.    #1  
    Hi, folks. I did a half-hearted search of the forums (I freely admit this), but wasn't able to come up with a straight-forward result. Is there a way on the 750 (I'm a NOOB) to turn GPRS internet on/off (Cingular)? It seems to have a mind of it's own on my 750.

Thanks in advance!

(P.S. --- my wife is sitting next to me and she wants all pda-geek spouses to know that she feels your pain!)
    Palm since Palm Professional --- Treo 650 (2 yrs), iPhone since 6/29/07
  2.    #2  
    Bueller?
    Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts
    If you have the data connect icon (small U or G with two arrows under it) in the upper bar of the today screen, just tap it with the stylus and choose disconnect. There is some third party software out there that does it automatically after a set amount of time.

The other way is to shut down the phone radio in the device, but no phone calls, either. Also, if it is coming on automatically, it is because it is trying to auto sync with a website or an exchange server.
    THIS RIGHT HERE IS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR, I HAVE IT MY SELF, AND IT WORKS GREAT.

http://www.gb-soft.cz/XDAII/product_...k_wm5pe_en.htm
    Will this app allow me to completely disable GPRS access but still allow HSDPA access? Because my telco charges are through the roof when I roam onto the GPRS network! ??
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    No, that's not what GB-Tweak does. All it does is automatically disconnect the network connection after a period of non-use. I don't know how to eliminate GPRS from the set of connection methods, but I think there is one.
    You Have To Select Your Network Manually. Having It On 3g The Whole Time.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdelauz02 View Post
    THIS RIGHT HERE IS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR, I HAVE IT MY SELF, AND IT WORKS GREAT.

http://www.gb-soft.cz/XDAII/product_...k_wm5pe_en.htm
    Awesome! I didn't know this one
    If you just want it on UMTS (3G) the whole time you have to set the phone to only recieve UMTS reception.

START>SETTINGS>PHONE>SERVICES>BAND SELECTION>SELECT NETWORK TYPE from that drop down menu change it from "Auto" to "UMTS" then hit ok.

once you do that you should be only getting signal when you are in an area with 3g coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amstel View Post
    Awesome! I didn't know this one
    Not a problem
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for all of your comments, everyone! I knew there was help out there