1.    #1  
    I was listening to an interminable voicemail on my 700wx and wanted to launch IE wo kill time. Couldn't connect to data. I got told I would have to terminate my voice call first.

Whaaa?

I thought WM and EV-DO and Sprint and 700wx = multi-tasking.

Or is 'multi-tasking' deserving of a Roger Maris-like asterisk?
    Current EVDO phones (not just the Treos) cannot do EVDO and voice at the same time. It can seem like you're multi-tasking if you're browsing and you get a phone call as the phone, if configured properly, will pause the data stream and allow the phone call to come in. After you hang up it will continue the data session you had.
    "Or is 'multi-tasking' deserving of a Roger Maris-like asterisk?"

Hey Tasty, showing your age there? I guess I am too if I can spot it so easily...
    Quote Originally Posted by trodecke View Post
    Current EVDO phones (not just the Treos) cannot do EVDO and voice at the same time. It can seem like you're multi-tasking if you're browsing and you get a phone call as the phone, if configured properly, will pause the data stream and allow the phone call to come in. After you hang up it will continue the data session you had.
    That's where UMTS/HSDPA shines.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for these explanations. I had always figured that the alphabet soup of data acronyms meant nothing. Apparently not.

Is that why lots of Sprinties are looking for that ' Rev. A' EV-DO? So we can get REAL multi-tasking?

Baseball. My earliest memory is the '63 World Series on TV and Sandy Koufax was forever burned in my memory. Maury Wills was my idol. Yep a Dodger fan. My son loves the Yankees. Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Thanks for these explanations. I had always figured that the alphabet soup of data acronyms meant nothing. Apparently not.

Is that why lots of Sprinties are looking for that ' Rev. A' EV-DO? So we can get REAL multi-tasking?

Baseball. My earliest memory is the '63 World Series on TV and Sandy Koufax was forever burned in my memory. Maury Wills was my idol. Yep a Dodger fan. My son loves the Yankees. Go figure.
    Apparently EVDO Rev A would have the potential for voice and data simultaneously, but only if voice is changed to VOIP. It does not look like that will be implemented at the same time as Rev A unfortunately, so even with Rev A there wont be voice and data simultaneously for some time.

Surur
    EVDV...maybe?
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....