1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    I'm a long time reader at this wonderful site&forums and i have to say I've learned a lot from reading here.
    I'm a Palm OS die hard since 1999 and a new comer to WM with the treo 750.
    I own now both 680&750 and in the process of moving my life to the 750 which is pretty difficult to me.
    the treo is my mp3 player in the car and my navigation system with tomtom.
    with the 680 i used to launch pTunes and then tomotm, plug in to the aux in my car and listen to music and the direction instruction on as was driving. with the touch of one button open up ptunes console and play/pause/FF a song as i wish without living tomtom as the navigation is still active.
    i found it impossible with the 750, and i tried every music app that exist for WM platform (pocket music does that, but with no console window, just play/pause with the center button).
    am I missing something here?
    also, has anyone found a replacement for FieldPlus?
    as a side note, when will be PalmOS with 3G support?
    Thanks
    P.S sorry for my english (and for the long post..)
    The ones I've seen have today screen plugins but that's about it..you can also try to remap keys while the music player is in the background so you can access those functions like next track/previous track, play/pause etc

PocketPlayer and PocketMusic come to mind here.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    The ones I've seen have today screen plugins but that's about it..you can also try to remap keys while the music player is in the background so you can access those functions like next track/previous track, play/pause etc
    yeah, but this means that I'll need to minimize tomtom and go back and forth between them....
    and they say that WM is better multi task then POS...
    Guess I'd have to live with it..
    Quote Originally Posted by igargamel View Post
    mul·ti·task·ing (mŭl'tē-tās'kĭng, -tī-) Pronunciation Key
    n. The concurrent operation by one central processing unit of two or more processes.

There's no comparison between a WM device and POS when it comes to the matter of multitasking. However, your statement refers to the visibility of apps at once, which is not tailored to the very nature of a mobile device such as a phone. What you are looking for is more tailored to a UMPC or other more power ful mobile device(ie. Laptop).
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  5.    #5  
    no, no, you got it all worng, I just want to navigate and Rewind/FF mp3 at the same time.....
    I don't need UMPC or anything fancy, just this little thing that i could easily do with POS....
    Quote Originally Posted by igargamel View Post
    yeah, but this means that I'll need to minimize tomtom and go back and forth between them....
    Guess I'd have to live with it..
    PocketMusic will let you define keys for all of those functions without you having to jump back and forth.

If you use MortPlayer you could also use a MortScript to pop up a window so you can select player functions. You can assign the script to a button or have it activate via voice command.

You could even have a script for each function and active each by voice command without any menus at all.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post

If you use MortPlayer you could also use a MortScript to pop up a window so you can select player functions. You can assign the script to a button or have it activate via voice command.

You could even have a script for each function and active each by voice command without any menus at all.

thanks hannip,

your solution is working perfectly