1.    #1  
    After using a Treo 600 for a few years, I decided to upgrade to the 700wx. I love it, but for some reason it takes a LOT longer to check my POP email from Cox Communications (pop.west.cox.net) than it did on my 600. Connecting to the POP server takes at least 60 seconds (sometimes more) every time. This is the case even if I just have one or two new messages. On my old 600 - with a much slower connection - connecting to the POP server was almost instant.

Note that when I log on to Sprint's POP server, the process goes quite fast (my mobile provider is Sprint).

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, is there a solution?

Thanks,

Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink View Post
    After using a Treo 600 for a few years, I decided to upgrade to the 700wx. I love it, but for some reason it takes a LOT longer to check my POP email from Cox Communications (pop.west.cox.net) than it did on my 600. Connecting to the POP server takes at least 60 seconds (sometimes more) every time. This is the case even if I just have one or two new messages. On my old 600 - with a much slower connection - connecting to the POP server was almost instant.

Note that when I log on to Sprint's POP server, the process goes quite fast (my mobile provider is Sprint).

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, is there a solution?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

See post #6 instruction at http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=comcast on very similar issue with Comcast.net POP3 and solution from me.

Let me know if this works for you.

Cheers,
    Tony
    SF, CA
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonc View Post
    Hi Kevin,

See post #6 instruction at http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=comcast on very similar issue with Comcast.net POP3 and solution from me.

Let me know if this works for you.

Cheers,
    Tony
    SF, CA
    That didn't do it. Thanks anyway.

Kevin