Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    lol lol
  2.    #42  
    Like the good MortScript community therapist I am, I sit back and listen to everyone's arguments and insert a "How does that make you feel" question now and then. At the end of the session I say time is up see you next session. You all feel much better now since you have aired out your feelings and all is right with the world again.

Well, maybe not, but it has indeed been therapeudic and enlightning. It was a good discussion and here is what I am going to do as a result.

Nothing.

Isn't that what therapists really do anyway?

Ok, seriously, I think there is nothing to do. We as a community have set up some guidlines for people here to try to follow. I don't think the wording is too strict sounding that will scare anyone. There is nothing that hard to follow and if you want to be a good respected citizen here you will try and follow these suggestions. If not people will voice their concerns and not be too helpful to you when you need it. The community can take care of itself as it has so far. This thread just sets up some expectations of others that want to play here for a fun and enjoyable experience.

Time is up. See you next session.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Like the good MortScript community therapist I am, I sit back and listen to everyone's arguments and insert a "How does that make you feel" question now and then. At the end of the session I say time is up see you next session. You all feel much better now since you have aired out your feelings and all is right with the world again.

Well, maybe not, but it has indeed been therapeudic and enlightning. It was a good discussion and here is what I am going to do as a result.

Nothing.

Isn't that what therapists really do anyway?

Ok, seriously, I think there is nothing to do. We as a community have set up some guidlines for people here to try to follow. I don't think the wording is too strict sounding that will scare anyone. There is nothing that hard to follow and if you want to be a good respected citizen here you will try and follow these suggestions. If not people will voice their concerns and not be too helpful to you when you need it. The community can take care of itself as it has so far. This thread just sets up some expectations of others that want to play here for a fun and enjoyable experience.

Time is up. See you next session.
    Well done

...but I want my money back, lol.
    Very well Done.Do we still have to pay to write script in here lol lol
    To all that are new that was just a joke...
    My additional $0.02...

Let's just add the facts:
    - MortScripts are intellectual property, and the MortScript license allows everyone even to bundle it with the interpreter if money is charged, as long as it's clearly stated the interpreter isn't the script autors work.
    - "Open source" doesn't necessarily mean "free" (both as in free beer and freedom). You see that with e.g. Windows Mobile (the manufacturers get big parts of the source) or PHP solutions.
    - Anybody who posts here is aware he gives the code away for free (as in free beer, maybe getting some donations in return). However, the licenses are up to the authors (yeah, law might suck, but it does exist...), so if someone doesn't want you to copy his code, he can forbit it.
    - Of course, most people wouldn't enter an expensive lawsuite to enforce such a license, and they also don't mind if their script is improved.
    - But it's good manners to follow at least the guidelines happip has posted, as long as no other license was claimed. Otherwise, not only the author but also those with some understanding for his situation will be more or less pissed off by that behaviour.
  6.    #46  
    Good points Mort! And from now on everyone can feel free to call me happip
    my .02 Euros:

yo, sto.... it's obvious you're new here and don't quite grasp our way of doing things.

This is what I usually suggest to the new folks here, and I'm almost certain that it applies in this case:

Good Point! Allow me to respond with the results of my thorough analysis of the problem at hand. If you haven't already done so, please (at least) open this file: http://www.sto-helit.de/downloads/po...4.0-Manual.pdf

You may want to also consider the 'Trial and Terror' approach. It works for me approx. 2% of the time.

Lastly, I've found that if I ignore the problem for a few days, it mysteriously fixes itself.

<smile, grin, snicker, etc.>

Hope this Helps.

-- John

p.s.:

Meine Mutter würde für Sie mögen, John zu ermutigen, aufzuhalten, verfassend Computerprogramme und besucht ihr mehr oft. Sie wohnt 20 km von seinem Haus und, den er einmal pro Jahr besucht.
  8.    #48  
    Jd, besuchen deine Mutter, sie vermißt dich
    Who in hanpip or hanpimp???
  10.    #50  
    Sling you've gotta lay off the meds
    heheh this is true..I'm on a couple right now.stress of a tree still making it's home in my roof and my friend poison sumac basically making it's home on about 50 % of my skin. lol..I'm laughing now because my clams adjuster will be in my presents within the next hour to keep me in good spirits.
    clams adjuster... is that an insurance agent that lives at the beach?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Jd, besuchen deine Mutter, sie vermißt dich
    Ja Herr, mein MortMeister.

p.s.: though my mom is German (from Hannover), I use:

www.freetranslation.com

-- JDC
    hehe what ever the heck He's called is going to tell me how much damage caused is worth..There may be a problem though...The tree may not be covered under my policy.Yes yes have a hurricane blow my house down yet a tree is a diffrent story...
    what if a hurricane-ish wind blew a tree onto your house? one could argue that tornadoes are hurricane spawnings.

-- JDC
    " p.s.: though my mom is German (from Hannover)"

Did she know Woody Boyd? Did she think folks from French Lick were doofuses like Larry Bird?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    funnie.... many ppl refer to me as Cliff Claven, 'specially when I spew perfunctory facts about insignificant and superfluous subjects.

That would be Hannover, Germany. BTW, the xcast for hannover is: 12p: 77(Lo:47) No Precip

As for French Lickters, the REAL doofus was Kevin McHale (sp?)... and Rober Parrish (sp?) was a close second. Both of them looked like Frankenstein.

Byrd was a genius... made a killin in a black man's world.

-- JDC
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    my .02 Euros:

yo, sto.... it's obvious you're new here and don't quite grasp our way of doing things.

This is what I usually suggest to the new folks here, and I'm almost certain that it applies in this case:

Good Point! Allow me to respond with the results of my thorough analysis of the problem at hand. If you haven't already done so, please (at least) open this file: http://www.sto-helit.de/downloads/po...4.0-Manual.pdf

You may want to also consider the 'Trial and Terror' approach. It works for me approx. 2% of the time.

Lastly, I've found that if I ignore the problem for a few days, it mysteriously fixes itself.

<smile, grin, snicker, etc.>

Hope this Helps.

-- John

p.s.:

Meine Mutter würde für Sie mögen, John zu ermutigen, aufzuhalten, verfassend Computerprogramme und besucht ihr mehr oft. Sie wohnt 20 km von seinem Haus und, den er einmal pro Jahr besucht.
    In case no one noticed, this canned response was not a nose-thumbing at the MortMeister, it was the result of a script I wrote many weeks ago but never had the marbles to use.

-- JDC
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Oh the good old days
    My Treo 700W is still going strong.... I've been using it as "just" a phone for over a year and a half.

I got tired of re-booting it....

... so I reset it and returned it to its factory defaults.

I even called Verizon and cancelled the data plan.

Best $40/month I've ever saved.

As a society, we are drowning in a sea of information.

Most of the useful information is getting lost... never finding its way to the intended recipient.

Also, useful information is becoming noise.

Here's an idea for a new device or app:

iDontCare

-- JDC
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast