Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Thank you very much...this is perferct for the sports fanatic that i am.
    Verizon 700W(it sucks)
    Love 1.5.1... works like a champ!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I just ran across this program today and I want to say how awesome a progam it is. AT&T kept screwing up my text alerts so this solves my problem.

I just have one question that I have not been able to figure out. I have set the Auto Update Start Time and Auto update End time. This is the only time during the day I'd like for it to connect and update (unless I manually do it). However in Set Today Update Period you have to have something selected so I selected 2 hours. Now regardless of what I have for Auto Update Start Time and Auto update End time it updates every two hours. Is what I want possible to where it only connects during the start and end time?

Thanks!!!
  4.    #144  
    Today Update Period is how often between the start and end times you want it to check for updates. It shouldn't be updating after the end time..although ...it might do it once the first time after the end hour but should be sleeping subsequently.. 2 hours is a long delay between updates..try like 5 to 10 mins and see if it attempts to update more than once after the end hour.. I'll check on my end too.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Scotty:

Thanks for this. BTW, what's that weather app on your today screen that shows the current temperature? Thanks.

-Paul
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbep View Post
    Scotty:

Thanks for this. BTW, what's that weather app on your today screen that shows the current temperature? Thanks.

-Paul
    Welcome... it's Weatherpanel..can learn all about it here

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Today Update Period is how often between the start and end times you want it to check for updates. It shouldn't be updating after the end time..although ...it might do it once the first time after the end hour but should be sleeping subsequently.. 2 hours is a long delay between updates..try like 5 to 10 mins and see if it attempts to update more than once after the end hour.. I'll check on my end too.
    Ok, thanks for clarifying the Today Update Period for me. I'll do what you suggest and will let you know if I run into any trouble. Thanks again!!
    First off I want to say that Pocket SportsCenter is a fantastic application. Great job on this scottymomo! But I do have a couple questions about it.

First, is there a way to make the font smaller when using it in the carrier plugin? I am guessing not because it probably defined by that plugin but thought I would ask anyways. Its just a lot of the game times get cutoff when the team names are long.

Second, I think there may be a bug with the NBA team selection. The only team I wanted to track are the Cleveland Cavs, but unless I am doing something wrong I think you have the Cavs and the New Jersey Nets mixed up. The listing in the Central Division is Cavaliers (NJ) and when you select it, you get the scores for the Nets games.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Jason
    how do i get this on my phone?...i cant figure it out
  10.    #150  
    download the cab file directly to your phone or transfer it to your phone via activesync, theb click on it in the file manager to install

it says active sync is not compatible with windows vista....and how can i d/l it to my phone directly?
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraus7205 View Post
    it says active sync is not compatible with windows vista....and how can i d/l it to my phone directly?
    If you have Vista you need to use WMDC instead of activesync. Downloading direct to your device..go to the following link in PIE:

http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...d.php?t=141739

Then click on the cab file attachment at the bottom of the first post.

13.    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjason View Post
    First off I want to say that Pocket SportsCenter is a fantastic application. Great job on this scottymomo! But I do have a couple questions about it.
    Thanks!

First, is there a way to make the font smaller when using it in the carrier plugin? I am guessing not because it probably defined by that plugin but thought I would ask anyways. Its just a lot of the game times get cutoff when the team names are long.
    Yes, there is if you're using the today plugin, although I haven't actually implemented it as an option in the program (will add to the list). If you want to change it manually, use a reg editor and go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Pocket SportsCenter\Item1

Add a new String value:
    Name = Fontsize
    Value = 6 (default is 8, or you could make it smaller)

Second, I think there may be a bug with the NBA team selection. The only team I wanted to track are the Cleveland Cavs, but unless I am doing something wrong I think you have the Cavs and the New Jersey Nets mixed up. The listing in the Central Division is Cavaliers (NJ) and when you select it, you get the scores for the Nets games.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Jason
    Answered this for you over at PPC Geeks. I have fixed this in the next release (still working on the scores of the NCAA Football and Basketball intermixing) but in the mean time you can rename MySportsAndTeams.xml to a .txt file, open it in PWord, change the abbreviation to Cle, save as a txt file, then rename back to .xml and it should work fine.

after i installd it where do i find it on my phone?
  15.    #155  
    Did you download and open or just download it? If you just downloaded it, which is what I suspect, it's probably sitting in My Documents. Just click on it and it will install. If you did install it and enabled the today plugin then you should see it on your today screen, otherwise you can also find it at Start -> Programs -> Pocket SportsCenter

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    1.5.1 Available! 20-OCT-2007

What is Pocket SportsCenter?

Pocket SportsCenter is an app that allows you to track your favorite sports and teams directly on your Treo or any Windows Mobile device (in theory!) It also supports automatic update/refresh and display of sports scores
    on the carrier line on your today screen, either in the carrier line or in the separate today plugin developed by zbop!

=============================
    FEATURES

-- Enable/Disable updates on the following Sports:
    + Major League Baseball
    + NBA
    + NHL
    + NFL
    + NCAA Football (Top 25)
    + NCAA Basketball
    + Golf (PGA)
    + NASCAR
    + WNBA
    + MLS
    + English Premier League
    + ATP Tennis (beta)

-- Enable/Disable updates for specific teams in the following Sports
    + Major League Baseball
    + NFL
    + NHL
    + NBA

-- View Current Scores/Leaderboard for each sport you have enabled

-- View Current Score for each team you have enabled

-- Set AutoUpdate Start/End Times, scores rotate but don't update outside the times

-- Enable/Disable Carrier Line Sports Scores or optional Today plugin
    with adjustable delay and refresh/update periods. This will display each score for a set period of time (2-5 seconds for example), then move on to the next score in a cycle, and update the scores based on the update interval you specify (1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, or 2 hours)

-- Tap support for the Billboard Today plugin to quickly:
    + Activate/Deactive auto updates on the today screen
    + Pause autoupdates while the scores continue to cycle through.
    + You can also access the main app from the plugin.
    + Access GameTrax scoring, stats, lineup etc in PIE for NFL and MLB!

########################
    Release Notes

1.5.1 Changes (20-Oct-2007)

Added: Enabled selection of NBA Teams

Added: ATP Tennis (beta)

Added: Checkmark will appear next to Pause/Unpause AutoUpdate if you manually pause updates

Fixed: End Time can be earlier than the start time, so if you want updates to start at say 6PM and end at 2AM, this will now work

Updated: Latest billboard plugin version 1.09 (to support checkmark feature)

1.5 Changes (05-Oct-2007)

Added: GameTrax support for NFL and MLB (via PIE)!
    -- MLB: See score overview (includes weather), play-by-play info, home and away lineups
    -- NFL: See score overview (includes weather), scoring, and stats

Added: Autoupdate start and end time behavior has been modified based on user feedback. The script will now run continuously unless forcibly deactivated using the today plugin or in the main UI. At the designated auto update end time, the program will stop getting updates from the internet and scroll through the existing scores until the autoupdate start time, at which point it will begin retrieving scores again.

Added: Exit Menu choice on the Setup Options screen for quicker exiting of the program if needed.

Added: Updated Mortscript executable to latest 4.01b25

1.4.1 Changes (02-Oct-2007)

-- Added: Support for English Premier League Soccer
    -- Added: Enabled Selection of NHL Teams
    -- Added: NCAA Top 25 scores will show in rank order in the main app and today screen
    -- Fixed: Today Plugin now installed to Windows directory so the app should work ok if installed on a storage card
    -- Fixed: Uninstall issue with removing a shortcut (typo)

1.4 Changes

-- Fixed: NCAA Football Scores not displaying properly
    -- Fixed: Scores heading like "MLB Scores" and "NFL Scores" will appear only
    once if you have added more the one specific team for a sport
    -- Fixed: Some old code cleanup
    -- Added: Innerworkings to support selecting specific NHL and NBA teams (not exposed in the UI yet)

1.3.4 Changes

-- Fixed: Could not set the notification to start autoupdates if the start time was later than the current time

1.3.3 Changes

-- Added: Ability to launch the main app from the today plugin
    -- Added: Eye candy appears next to each displayed score now in the today plugin
    -- Fixed: Individual NFL team scores would show the entire NFL scoreboard in the main app and in the today plugin

1.3.2 Changes

-- Fixed: Scores for sports wouldn't display on the today screen properly depending on the order in which sports/teams were added.

1.3.1 Changes

-- Fixed: Installation/Uninstall issue on some WM6 devices
    -- Fixed: Enabling/Disabling, then Enabling a team didn't always work (thanks Cody for finding this one!)
    -- Fixed: Scores now shown as Away Team: Score @ Home Team: Score

1.3 Changes

-- Added: Option to enable today plugin during fresh installation or if you choose not to upgrade old data
    -- Added: Ability to pause/unpause autoupdates on the today screen so the scores cycle through but updates are
    not retrieved until unpaused
    -- Fixed: Ensure links to start autoupdates, removing notifications etc work properly
    -- Fixed: Parsing error for NFL feed

1.2 Changes
    -- Added: Installing new version will allow you to maintain your sports, teams and preferences if you choose to, instead of reconfiguring everything each time a new version is posted.

-- Added: Check for internet connection each time scores are grabbed to hopefully avoid an error when the data connection is unavailable. If the connection is unavailable, the program will exit/stop autoupdates.

-- Added: Prevent user from setting the autoupdate start time after the end time or vice versa (end time before the start time)

1.1 Changes
    -- Added: WNBA Support
    -- Added: MLS Support
    -- Added: Pick NFL teams
    -- Fixed: Removing teams/sports didn't refresh the list properly
    -- Fixed: AutoUpdates will pause if you are on a phone call

1.0 BETA 2 Build 2 Changes

-- Fixed: Location of Mortscript.exe for zip install
    -- Fixed: Added showcursor.mscr to the zip file (it was missing
    -- Added: Icon Eye Candy

1.0 BETA 2 Changes
    -- Added: Billboard Today Plugin Support, enabled/disable plugin, tap and hold to start/stop autoupdates on the today screen
    -- Added: Ability to select specific MLB teams to follow, rather than the entire scoreboard if you want
    -- Added: 2 minute option for Today Update period
    -- Fixed: Cylcle Rate and Today Update Period dialogs default to your currently selected values
    -- Fixed: AutoUpdate Start/End Times dialog defaults to your currently selected times
    -- Fixed: Disabling AutoUpdates wasn't actually disabling it

1.0 BETA -- initial beta release

##################
    Issues and Limitations:

-- Probably won't play nicely with cDate, TreoAlerts, or other Mortscripts that use the carrier line...including Pocket StockCenter..but you can use the optional Today Plugin!

-- Once in a while the app may not be able to retrieve the scores from my feed sources. If so, a system error is shown and there is no way to suppress it, but I've added a better check to hopefully alleviate this from occurring most of the time.

-- If you add individual NFL and MLB teams, in order to have those sports scores shown together (NFL scores then MLB scores or vice versa), the teams should be added together at the same time, otherwise you'll see an NFL score, than an MLB score etc, rather than grouped together properly.

-- Golf feed is not working currently, or it is not reporting any information

===================
    Current Feature Requests

+ Arena Football
    + Rugby World Cup 2007
    + Sports Lines/Odds
    + Add ability to schedule updates for the main UI and not just on the Today Screen
    + Adjust timezone based on your timezone for games that haven't started
    + Adjustable plugin height to show more data
    + Conference/Division Standings
    hi,how come the ncaabb not updated , like the software
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 8715000 View Post
    Thanks
    another question can you change the text color like cool if other then white.
  18.    #158  
    Thanks
    Look for a fix next week. Haven't had a ton of time to work on it unfortunately but got most of it done...

19.    #159  
    another question can you change the text color like cool if other then white.
    yes, but not in the program directly yet.

"Red" -- 16711680
    "Green" -- 65280
    "Black" -- 0
    "Blue" -- 255
    "Purple" -- 10494192
    "Gray" -- 5526612
    "Orange" -- 16753920
    "Yellow" -- 16776960
    "White" -- 16777215

Color codes use in reg key (create DWORD value if it doesn't exist)

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\Pocket SportsCenter\Item1\Color
    Last edited by scottymomo; 12/02/2007 at 01:07 PM.

20.    #160  
    1.5.2 Posted in the first post:

1.5.2 Changes (03-Dec-2007)

Added: Set font size for today plugin
    Added: Set font color tor today plugin
    Added: NCAA Basketball and Football scores show in order by team rank
    Fixed: NCAA Basketball Scores not displaying properly
    Fixed: Upon restart, autoupdates should wait 30 seconds before attempting to start up again
    Updated: Updated Mortscript exe to 4.1 Final

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast