Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
  1.    #121  
    What I've done in the pocket stockcenter app which works nicely is stop pulling updates from the net after 4PM eastern when the market is closed. Then at the autoupdate end date, the script stops running entirely and just shows "deactivated". That doesn't really work for this app since games go on up until 11PM pacific or later sometimes

Ideally I'd like the same code in both apps so may need some opinions over
    there as well.

When I built the autoupdate behavior, I hadn't considered the idea of scrolling the scores after the autoupdate end time and before the start time and wasn't sure folks would want the scroll during off hours and the script still running, but perhaps now would be a good time to change that behavior.

I could change the autoupdate behavior like dchec describes where updates will be pulled from the net between those hours, and outside of the hours, the script will still be running and just showing whatever scores were last pulled. In this case, the script always will be running and scores will always scroll on your screen.

Thoughts?

Still trying to work on getting the NCAA Football (and basketball when the season starts) scores to show up based on team rank order rather than however the feed has them. Other than the coding issue with this, since the feed lists the games based on whether they're complete or in progress or hasn't started, does anyone have an opinion one way or the other on that (show based on team rank vs show based on game status...)?

Thanks!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I like the idea of scores always scrolling. Love this software!
  3.    #123  
    Will work on that for 1.5 but for now..

1.4.1 Released!

1.4.1 Changes (02-Oct-2007)

-- Added: Support for English Premier League Soccer
    -- Added: Enabled Selection of NHL Teams
    -- Added: NCAA Top 25 scores will show in rank order in the main app and today screen
    -- Fixed: Removed Balls and Strikes from the MLB scores based on user feedback
    -- Fixed: Today Plugin now installed to Windows directory so the app should work ok if installed on a storage card
    -- Fixed: Uninstall issue with removing a shortcut (typo)
    Last edited by scottymomo; 10/02/2007 at 02:43 PM.

4. iZm
    Your work is greatly appreciated Scotty. I'm a member that has followed you from PPC Geeks.

Much Luv,
    iZm
  5.    #125  
    thx!

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I'm just a "fair weather, hometown" type of sports fan, but this is a fantastic piece of software. If nothing else, I'm going to use it to get some bragging rights with my "sports-nut" brother-n-law who's addicted to Crackberry's.

Very, very nice job, scottymomo!
  7.    #127  
    4000 posts, yikes.

1.5 Changes (05-Oct-2007)

Added: GameTrax support for NFL and MLB (via PIE)!
    -- MLB: See score overview (includes weather), play-by-play info, home and away lineups
    -- NFL: See score overview (includes weather), scoring, and stats

Added: Autoupdate start and end time behavior has been modified based on user feedback. The script will now run continuously unless forcibly deactivated using the today plugin or in the main UI. At the designated auto update end time, the program will stop getting updates from the internet and scroll through the existing scores until the autoupdate start time, at which point it will begin retrieving scores again.

Added: Exit Menu choice on the Setup Options screen for quicker exiting of the program if needed.

Added: Updated Mortscript executable to latest 4.01b25

This just keeps getting better and better. I love 1.5 ! Thanks scotty.
    Hmmm... I have deactivated NFL scores, yet they continue to scroll and update. Also, is it possible to set autoupdate past 11pm? I'd like to do 6pm to 1am, but it doesn't let me.
    Hey Scotty...I'm running the latest update and as the scores display in my carrier line they are followed by 2 squares and then the word "game". Any idea what's going on?

late,
    Coz
  11.    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
    Hey Scotty...I'm running the latest update and as the scores display in my carrier line they are followed by 2 squares and then the word "game". Any idea what's going on?

late,
    Coz
    Hey coz, for which sport, all of them? -- Ah..I might know why... let me know if you only see this for MLB and/or NFL...
    Last edited by scottymomo; 10/08/2007 at 11:53 AM.

12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by dchec View Post
    Hmmm... I have deactivated NFL scores, yet they continue to scroll and update.
    The script that displays the scores on your today screen only checks upon activation for the sports/teams you have enabled. So if it's still running when you go into the main app to deactivate a score, it won't pick it up until you deactivate the updates and re-activate them. I could have it check each time but this might slow things down a little bit. Open to suggestions though if folks would want me to include this (it's not hard)

Quote Originally Posted by dchec View Post
    Also, is it possible to set autoupdate past 11pm? I'd like to do 6pm to 1am, but it doesn't let me.
    Yeah, hadn't thought about that originally, especially for east coasters where west coast cames can run really late. I'll look modifying the timing behavior for 1.5.1

Hey scotty, I tossed together a checkered flag icon for Nascar if you want to use it. I didn't get the multicolored flag, but checkered made sense to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by perasite View Post
    Hey scotty, I tossed together a checkered flag icon for Nascar if you want to use it. I didn't get the multicolored flag, but checkered made sense to me.
    You didn't like my nascar icon?

Never said that! I just didn't see how the rainbow applied to nascar!
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by perasite View Post
    Never said that! I just didn't see how the rainbow applied to nascar!
    Ask NASCAR, it's their favicon converted to bmp

hey scotty, I tried to set nba teams up for two teams but when I go to select teams then nba it says 'not implemented yet'...is this a bug?
  18.    #138  
    no, I haven't released an update enabling team selection yet because I don't all the teams have played a preseason game as of yesterday for me to verify the team codes. As soon as I've checked em all I will provide an update. Also working on adding ATP tennis and fixing a time issue so you can have the end time work properly if it's overnight (like 2 AM)

19.    #139  
    1.5.1 Changes (20-Oct-2007)

Added: Enabled selection of NBA Teams

Added: ATP Tennis (beta)

Added: Checkmark will appear next to Pause/Unpause AutoUpdate if you manually pause updates

Fixed: End Time can be earlier than the start time, so if you want updates to start at say 6PM and end at 2AM, this will now work

Updated: Latest billboard plugin version 1.09 (to support checkmark feature)

Coolest App Ever!! Thanks for your work man. I've only had my Treo for a week but this has to be by far one of the coolest apps available.
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast