Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    ill be sure to download it later tonight and let you know how i feel about it! hopefully it will be a great app.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    well its already a great app so these additions should be wonderful!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    been trying out your new release and i'm having a few issues that I hope you can help with. First let me say I didn't read how or what bullitin board does, and I am using cdate. Well I have mortscript installed and used it on the older version. installed mortscript and installed the pocket sportcenter folder in start menu/programs/pocket sportcenter folder. the bulletin board said welcome to sports bullitin or something like that. so when I tried to run it inside the program not on the today screen i got a pop up window that said.

mortscript

script \windows\start menu\programs\pocketsportscenter\showcursor.mscr not found, waiting for existance (storage card not initialized)

then it would go away and I would get the scores. this happened very consistantly.

so since i was still getting the score i didn't understand why it was giving me this message. so then i tried the today screen which worked except if I try to click and hold and deactivate or activate it i get this pop up.

billboard

failed to start\windows\start menu\programs\pocket sportcenter\mortscript.exe

Lastly I had one question about the today screen bullitin board option. when you click and hold and deactivate/activate it is that only related to sports appearing on the bullitin board or does this have any effect on stoping autoupdate. if not would this be possible in a later version. thanks for all your great work so far.
  4.    #64  
    doh... forgot to include the showcursor.mscr file in the zip and forgot where mortscript would be installed with this zip install. will fix in the morning and repost
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5.    #65  
    Beta 2 build 2 now posted in the first thread to fix the issues above and add a little eye candy.

i'm having trouble getting the scores to scroll on Billboard..

all i'm seeing is BillBoard Sports Deactivated.. please help
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimphen View Post
    i'm having trouble getting the scores to scroll on Billboard..

all i'm seeing is BillBoard Sports Deactivated.. please help
    Have you set the auto update start and end times in the main UI? The default start and end times are 4PM to 11PM

8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by k923 View Post
    been trying out your new release and i'm having a few issues that I hope you can help with. First let me say I didn't read how or what bullitin board does, and I am using cdate.
    Billboard is a today screen plugin that gives us more room than the carrier line to put information, like the scores. Also has some additional cool options we can take advantage of like, colors, images, etc.

Lastly I had one question about the today screen bullitin board option. when you click and hold and deactivate/activate it is that only related to sports appearing on the bullitin board or does this have any effect on stoping autoupdate. if not would this be possible in a later version. thanks for all your great work so far.
    It stops/starts autoupdate completely. If you activate it via tap and hold and the current time is not within your start/end times (defaults are 4PM to 11PM), then it will stay inactive until you hit your start time...basically it sets it up to start autoupdating and displaying scores at your start time.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    scottymomo, again let me say great app. love the new pictures with the name. Couple new bugs that I noticed not sure if it was supposed to be implemented this way, but when selecting teams if you disable a team you have to exit cancel all the way out for the main screen to be updated with your teams. If you don't do this then you could get multiple names of the same sport in the main screen. example of what happens. if I have the default teams in there it shows.

MLB
    NBA
    NHL

then I disable MLB, it shows:

NBA
    NHL
    NHL

then if I cancel out and come back in it will show:

NBA
    NHL

which is correct, but say i want to disable NHL also from previous menu it would show:

NBA
    NHL
    NHL

then when i go to disable NHL it will ask me to disable NHL twice. Hope that is clear. sorry if its not, and again if I am supposed to just exit out which is not that big of a deal then sorry for bugging you about this. Also what was the time between each update in autoupdate 2 min or 1 min, just wondering cuz I thought i read somewhere that it was 2 min, but that wouldnt make sense then to have the today screen update every min. Being able to set the autoupdate would also be a nice thing to have in the menu. But again thanks for the great program Ill be using it for along time now.
  10.    #70  
    scottymomo, again let me say great app. love the new pictures with the name. Couple new bugs that I noticed not sure if it was supposed to be implemented this way, but when selecting teams if you disable a team you have to exit cancel all the way out for the main screen to be updated with your teams.

See this in the first post?
    ##################
    Issues and Limitations:

-- List of sports in the main UI doesn't refresh properly once you disable sports, without exiting the app and re-entering it.
    ##################

I know what the problem is but haven't found a good way to fix it. For those who are interested, it has to do with the array that stores the list of enabled sports and teams which is read and sorted from the data stored in the MySportsAndTeams.xml file. There isn't a clean way today to clear out the array and start over every time a change is made (sports/teams are enabled/disabled), but something Mort had on his list for 4.1

Also what was the time between each update in autoupdate 2 min or 1 min, just wondering cuz I thought i read somewhere that it was 2 min, but that wouldnt make sense then to have the today screen update every min.
    The default is 1 minute. I just added 2 minutes as an option.

Being able to set the autoupdate would also be a nice thing to have in the menu. But again thanks for the great program Ill be using it for along time now.
    You have that ability already... "Set Today Update Period" determines how often it goes and retrieves new data.

this is a killer idea. I'm having some problems getting it installed (PM'd you) but if I can get it running... I can't wait!
  12.    #72  
    Will answer your PM

Thanks Scotty, I think I got almost everything figured out now. Thanks a ton for the advice on the hidden folders, you were right.

When I try to launch Pocket SportsCenter now I get this:

there is no application associated with pocket sportscenter, run the application first, then open this file from within the application
    is that a Mort issue?
    I got it! thanks man!! This is awesome.
  15.    #75  
    Cool

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    hey scotty i got a question, with the new beta 2 i need billboard to have the scores scroll in the carrier logo...i have loaded billboard and nothing scrolls...correct me if im wrong but on the first release didnt it scroll the scores without billboard??? also in the first release sportscenter worked great along with treoalerts for displaying on the carrier line...help needed...thanks in advanced
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    hey scotty i got a question, with the new beta 2 i need billboard to have the scores scroll in the carrier logo...i have loaded billboard and nothing scrolls...correct me if im wrong but on the first release didnt it scroll the scores without billboard??? also in the first release sportscenter worked great along with treoalerts for displaying on the carrier line...help needed...thanks in advanced
    Billboard is optional. It's another today screen plugin that gives us an area about the same height as the carrier line to display data, but separate from the carrier line.

If you want to have the scores displayed in the carrier line, then you don't need it. If you want to have your carrier line display other things (like Treoalerts info) and have the scores shown in a separate line, then you can use billboard (depending on your today screen setup you may need to move the placement of the plugin around in the today screen preferences).

LOL!! I was going to load the scores on the billboard and ended up with them scrolling on the carrier line! I've never done any of this stuff before so I'm still testing... I was able to copy Z's test code for the battery plugin though and get that on the billboard space his coded added.... that was kind of exciting for me (yeah I'm a dork)...

Now I just need to figure out how to replace "battery %" with "Seattle: 0 Anyone: 10"
  19.    #79  
    Here's a screenshot showing scores in the Billboard plugin and stocks (from Pocket StockCenter) displaying on the Carrier line.

Dustin,
    If you have a registry editor, you just need to change:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\Billboard\Item1\Line1 to whatever you want
    Attached Images Attached Images

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    hey scotty i know this is a newbie question, but i loaded billboard, so if i want to scroll like the batt, signal %, etc....all i have to do is write a script as instructed by Z, and where do i drop the script in...in the mortscript folder...what i want is to add that kind of info to scroll with sportscenter...i know that i sould have asked this question in z's thread...sorry
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast