Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    hey scotty im speachless, this is AWESOME thanks for your hard work...cant wait till the banner works...just as a small request can you also add arena football and wnba to the list...also in baseball will it or can you add whos on what base...thanks in advace again AWESOME
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    i love the program and would love nfl Europe cause i have a few athletes over there for a while till they are ready to be in the nfl. but love the app! TY TY TY!
  3.    #43  
    Thanks...

WNBA... I was waiting to see if someone actually wanted this but yeah it can be added...will look into Arena Football as well.

Can't add whose on base right now for baseball as the feed doesn't include that info...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by kr3st View Post
    i love the program and would love nfl Europe cause i have a few athletes over there for a while till they are ready to be in the nfl. but love the app! TY TY TY!
    Will look for NFL Europe...

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    thanks scotty, btw does sportscenter wake up the 750 when its asleep when it updates the scores?? and i know since its a feed it might not have who is on what base for baseball...well that is what im thinking...or am i wrong???just let me know if you need any help...
  6.    #46  
    yes it will update while the device is "asleep"

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    okay soctty i dunno if im doing something wrong but i had it set to update every 5 min, and when my treo was sleeping it didnt wake it up, nor did it update the scores...it updated only when i woke it up and it cycled through the scores once then it said updating....also would it be possible to also add a 2 min update as a selection...also is there a way to turn sports center off...or soft reboot is the only way...thanks
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    okay soctty i dunno if im doing something wrong but i had it set to update every 5 min, and when my treo was sleeping it didnt wake it up, nor did it update the scores...
    It won't wake up the device (turn the screen on) but will update silently while the screen is off. The carrier line might not immediately reflect the update until the screen's been on for a few seconds.

also would it be possible to also add a 2 min update as a selection
    I've added that for the next beta (Beta2).

...also is there a way to turn sports center off...or soft reboot is the only way...thanks
    Yes... if you mean the carrier line updating there are two ways to do it.:

1. Go into the app -> Setup Options -> Disable Auto Updates.. this will stop it immediately

1. Go into the app -> Setup Options -> Set Auto Update End Time. If Auto Update is still enabled, at the hour you specify it will stop auto updating and queue it up to start again based on the auto update start time.

When zbop's Billboard Today Plugin support is done, I am going to provide an option that allows you to disable auto updates by tapping and holding the score on the today screen (this requires that you use the Today plugin he has built rather than the carrier line..this will be part of 1.0 Final.

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    awesome scotty, let me get this right...the scores will update silently but the screen has to be on and device not off...also if you disable auto updates it will stop...i did that and the billboard still scrolls through the scores...when you disable it how do you stop the billboard...

another question...when i set my setting to time to start updates and how many min to update...and other setting...when i go back to check the setting it goes back to 4pm...is it set to default back to the orig setting...has it changed when i change it...or do i have to change it in the ini files...

also how did you find the feed that has scores...i have been searching all the sports channels and all of the feeds, i cant find where they have just scores...how did you find it???
    Last edited by Rino808; 05/02/2007 at 08:18 AM.
  10.    #50  
    awesome scotty, let me get this right...the scores will update silently but the screen has to be on and device not off...also if you disable auto updates it will stop...i did that and the billboard still scrolls through the scores...when you disable it how do you stop the billboard...
    The scores will continue to update regardless of whether the screen is on (awake) or off (asleep). Obviously, if you turn off the phone/data connection (pressing and holding the red button), it will no longer be able to get updates.

For disabling autoupdates, looks like I might have messed up the command there which is probably the reason why it's still scrolling through scores. Will be fixed in Beta 2 (thanks for catching it).

also how did you find the feed that has scores...i have been searching all the sports channels and all of the feeds, i cant find where they have just scores...how did you find it on ...
    luck

11.    #51  
    another question...when i set my setting to time to start updates and how many min to update...and other setting...when i go back to check the setting it goes back to 4pm...is it set to default back to the orig setting...has it changed when i change it...or do i have to change it in the ini files...
    When you go back to settings, you're seeing what the default is for each setting, but not what it's currently set to... I'll see if I can change the behavior to show you what it's currently set to, or I can not provide a default.

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    aiite thanks again for the quick reply...awesome...im trying my best to learn this script thinggy...you guys are just awesome...the odds would be another great add to the sportscenter like stockscenter...thanks again...
  13.    #53  
    In Beta 2 on the Set Auto Update Start/End Times, I will show in the instruction text above the list what the current value is set to and now be able to highlight the previously selected option

Like:

Select the auto update start hour
    Current Start Time: 13:00

EDIT -- fixed this issue thanks to Mort, so now whatever you have selected previously will be highlighted by default, plug the instruction text will reference it as well
    Last edited by scottymomo; 05/03/2007 at 12:49 PM.

14.    #54  
    Currently working on giving you the ability to select specific teams for baseball rather than the entire scoreboard (you can have both or either/or if you want)...stay tuned...it's been a challenge!

Once baseball is done I can work on it for other sports, but since NBA and NHL are in the playoffs it doesn't make too much sense due to the number of teams... NCAA Basketball and Football could be a nightmare (might have to limit that to just conferences)..

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    hey scotty tell me about it for ncaa...i had a data base where i had to input all of the teams, and update by inputting the games, and scores for all of DIV1 games...i can help with ncaa if you want...just lmk...
  16.    #56  
    will do. we got plenty of time

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    hey scottymomo hows the final release coming, any new news. I can't wait to try it out with the buildboard. I was using your better and it is one of the best apps I have for my treo. thanks again for all your hard work.
  18.    #58  
    no prob. Beta 2 is almost done...

Go scotty.....go!
  20.    #60  
    Beta 2 is now available in the first post:

1.0 BETA 2 Changes
    -- Added: Billboard Today Plugin Support, enabled/disable plugin, tap and hold to start/stop autoupdates on the today screen
    -- Added: Ability to select specific MLB teams to follow, rather than the entire scoreboard if you want
    -- Added: 2 minute option for Today Update period
    -- Fixed: Cylcle Rate and Today Update Period dialogs default to your currently selected values
    -- Fixed: AutoUpdate Start/End Times dialog defaults to your currently selected times
    -- Fixed: Disabling AutoUpdates wasn't actually disabling it

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast