Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    odds and lines should be doable
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    that would be awesome scotty...i know im new to this but if you need any help with anythning just lmk...im willing to learn...
  3.    #23  

find me a good xml feed for lines/odds.. I'm sure there are plenty out there I could incorporate

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    hey scotty i have 4 sites that i really like but i dont think that the odds are xml feeds...the web sites are...

vegasinsider http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/odds/las-vegas/
    therx http://lines.therx.com/livelines/odd...t=mlb&period=0
    socresandodds http://www.scoresandodds.com/
    covers http://www.covers.com/sports/mlb/mlb_lines.aspx

hope we can pull the odds from these...lmk

okay i found two sites...that are xml feeds...

http://www.sportbet.com/tools/sportbet_xmlFeed.htm
    http://linesmaker.com/live_odds/feeds/

hope this helps..
  5.    #25  
    cool, will take a look and try to incorporate in 1.0 final (or 1.1)

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    awesome...hey scotty is it possible if i could look at the script...i wanna learn...
    Hi there....Count me in as a tester, I love the idea.

One question about the plan....Would there be a possibility of making this a program with a choice of being a carrier bar display, or maybe as a stand-alone type app? I am interested either way, sounds like a great idea!!!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    hey syrguy i think it will have the choice to pick either or...there are screen shots in the first post...check it out...pretty awesome...
    That was what made me think of it, I think that would be a fantastic quality. I love the idea of an informative program like that having the choice of showing on the Today screen at all times, OR only when you like!!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    yeah this is going to be awesome...this is just what i have been looking for...since my sportspager died...
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    Hi there....Count me in as a tester, I love the idea.

One question about the plan....Would there be a possibility of making this a program with a choice of being a carrier bar display, or maybe as a stand-alone type app? I am interested either way, sounds like a great idea!!!
    Yes. You can choose to enable/disable the display on the today screen where it autoupdates the sports you choose. If you want you can just use the main app itself and get the updates for the sports when you want them.

zbop has a billboard plugin for the today screen he's been working on that gives us more real estate (for example, using the plugin on the today screen I can fit in the current Balls/Strikes/Outs for baseball whereas and the Carrier line it runs off the line and I'm not including it) and some cool additional options like font style, colors, tap and hold, etc (using the colors for Pocket Stock Center where if a stock is up on the day it will be green, down is red etc.)

The first release has that feature disabled (to use the billboard plugin) but will enable it soon once Billboard is for sure ready to go. The code is basically all there already...

12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    awesome...hey scotty is it possible if i could look at the script...i wanna learn...
    Patience my friend, it's almost ready

EDIT:

ANCHORS AWEIGH! -- 1.0 Beta available in the first post.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by scottymomo; 04/30/2007 at 05:24 PM.

Scottymomo....I am so glad to be the first to extend a congratulations!!! Top notch work. I installed and ran it as soon as I got back on tonight. I know you asked, so I will preface by saying I could never do this myself, and it is a perfectly acceptable program as it stands. You asked for critiques though, so I think the menu is just a bit flukey, it tends to loop in the setup, and is a little hesitant in responding to choices. I don't know how, but I managed to get the icon in my PocketPlus program (not quite the tab I would have chosen for it, but it works)!!!!

Once again though....congrats, and solid work....thanks!!!!!
  14.    #34  
    thanks and all feedback is welcome. part of the menu navigation is out of my control based on what we can do with mortscript but may be able to make it a little better with some thinking...give some examples of what you think the behavior should be, and I'll see if I can tighten it up

enjoy!

scottymomo you just hit a grandslam been looking for something like this for years. any chance of limiting updates to individual teams

Fred
  16.    #36  
    ya know, that's originally what I had planned...shouldn't be too tough to do but a bit of work because of the number of sports and the number of teams..but will work on that...think folks would be interested in MLS or other football leaugues in the UK/Europe? looks like I can get those too but will wait to see if there's any requests for it

p.s. "grandslam", nice pun

hey, i need help installing this can someone give me step by step instructions like as if u were speaking to a young child, cause im very new to this and alot of the lingo confuses me.
    scottymomo....I was thinking that on the menu where you select the sport to be displayed that when you made the selection, the program would go directly to the scores, instead of hitting OK after (minor I know) In setup, when I select the sports, it seems to get into a loop that I have to actually exit the program, instead of backing up to the original menu. I am not sure what the banner program you mentioned looks like, but I have a feeling it will be cool.

P.S. I may have it set up wrong, but it seems to go online to get the scores evertime I click on it. Is there a way to set it to once ot twice a day, or on demand? It seems to take a lot of time to update when you click for a quick score (although it was nice getting right to the strike on last nights Mets game...freaked my son out....I may just leave that setting alone after all LOL!!!!)?

Still....solid work man...love it so far, look forward to any and all changes!!!
  19.    #39  
    scottymomo....I was thinking that on the menu where you select the sport to be displayed that when you made the selection, the program would go directly to the scores, instead of hitting OK after (minor I know).
    I can remove the message that displays after you enable/disable something... I just did that to give a visual indicator that the sport had actually been enabled, since I can't today bring you back to that same screen which shows the enabled/disabled sports (so instead I take you back to the setup options screen).

I figured sending you back to setup options rather than the main screen made a little more sense, especially since you can only enable one at a time. If you were brought back to the main screen and wanted to enable/disable something else, you'd have to go back to setup options, then back to choose your sports so the way it is today eliminates that additional step, but if other folks think it should go back to the main screen that's easy enough to do too.

In setup, when I select the sports, it seems to get into a loop that I have to actually exit the program, instead of backing up to the original menu.
    Using Cancel will take you back through the screens until you get back to the Main UI. What I have done in other programs but didn't do here (but could) would have an option towards the top that says something like "Back to Main", "Back to Setup Options", etc, since people might not know that Cancel does the same thing. Thoughts?

I am not sure what the banner program you mentioned looks like, but I have a feeling it will be cool.
    Yes, it definitely is. Screenshot attached.

P.S. I may have it set up wrong, but it seems to go online to get the scores evertime I click on it.
    No, that is currently how it works. If you're using the main UI to get scores, it will always connect and get the latest when you click on the sport. The autoupdates occur only when you're displaying on the today screen.

Is there a way to set it to once ot twice a day, or on demand? It seems to take a lot of time to update when you click for a quick score (although it was nice getting right to the strike on last nights Mets game...freaked my son out....I may just leave that setting alone after all LOL!!!!)?
    OnDemand is how it works today within the main UI. I could add the ability to set it to retrieve the info on a schedule similar to the today screen updates and store it locally for quicker retrieval..it won't be as current but the display would be a lot faster.

Still....solid work man...love it so far, look forward to any and all changes!!!
    Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks for helping me scotty, i owe you one
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast