Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 LastLast
    Phone: HTC Mogul

Issue: I have been having the normal erros with " cannot find "The Internet"" so I decided to uninstall the old one and replace it with the new 1.6 version. When I tried.. I got almost all the way through the install and got choose No for use previous setting and yes for enable Today plugin then immediately get this huge error:

Operator found where value expected

Line 146 (\Program Files\Pocket SportCenter\install.mscr):
    INIStuff = "[settings] ^NL^StartTime = &StartTime&"^NL^EndTime .....ect the message goes on, I will relay the rest of it but it seems update interval, endtime, refresh all those settings are listed.. I cant see any further down

It says successfully installed but no Today plug in.

Any thoughts?
  2.    #222  
    you should be able to enable the plugin from the main app or today preferences. I musta messed something up in the installation script (as evidenced by the error you got) and will try and fix that today.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    It must be something on my device.. I tried to install the 1.5.3 and I also got an error message. I tried to nuke any sports center keys in my registry and then tried it.. still no go =/

I will test some more things out while at the office right now
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Installation question, I have the AT&T Tilt, WM 6.0, I downloaded and copied the cab file to my device. Can't seem to get the program to appear on my device. What else do I need to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by gmfeld View Post
    Installation question, I have the AT&T Tilt, WM 6.0, I downloaded and copied the cab file to my device. Can't seem to get the program to appear on my device. What else do I need to do?
    You need to execute the .cab on your device to install the application.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    I moved the cab file to my device, when I had the device connected to my computer I tapped on it and nothing happened. I then disconnected the device from my computer and in File Explorer selected the cab file, it tried to install and then told me "Installation of ....was unsuccessful."

Does the need to be in any specific directory? Any other suggestions?
  7.    #227  
    Try a soft reset then attempt to reinstall? Perhaps the full download didn't come across resulting in a corrupted cab?

I found that emailing myself the direct link to the cab and downloading it like that, worked quite well.
    Ok so I was able to reinstall 1.6 and I have that running.(as of about 5 mins ago hehe) It looks good but I had a question. Now I want it to update all the time, even at like 2am est. I noticed in previous versions that it woudl stop updating around midnight or so. Being on the east coast, I would wake up and see the scores from the previous nights games and some were still in the third period (west coast hockey) so who knows..

I will test this tonight and let you know tomorrow
  10.    #230  
    the end time can be earlier than the start time so you should be good to go.

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    I deleted the cab file and redownloaded it and moved it to the device, this time it installed, but it doesn't seem to be working. I have it checked as an item on my Today screen just above the calendar entries. My Today screen now shows a blank space above the calendar, with no way to set up that space and nothing showing. The program is not listed in my Programs menu either. Is there something else I'm supposed to do?
    Try to tap that space and see what menu you come up with.
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    nothing appears, the space is empty
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmfeld View Post
    nothing appears, the space is empty
    gmfeld, just reinstall, same happened to me.

Is everyone getting MLB scores and NCAA scores? I'm getting nothing.
    Go Bucks!
    I am not getting MLB scores, as I believe the spring training scores do not post in the same area as regualr season scores.

Do you have NCAA Basketball enabled? Or a specfic conference? Mine is working fine
    Update: It is doing the same thing as it used to. NHL scores are not updating past 11pm ish. I went to bed at 1am est and checked my phone before putting it on the charger and one of the late games that was finishing up said it was still in the first period =/ *Note* It currently still says that it is in the first period
  17.    #237  
    What are your start and end times set to?

Start: 12am
    End: 11pm

I think these are the default
  19.    #239  
    hmm..ok, so it seems like it's sleeping around 11 and not waking back up at 12.. can you enable debugging for me (Setup Options -> Enable/Disable Logging) and send me the log tomorrow?

Ya no problem. Anything to get this little kink worked out because after this, its smooth sailing =)

I tried just hitting activate.. it didnt wake it up, then did a deactivate/reactivate and we are up to speed now. (Logging was enabled for this)