Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    See if this one makes any difference.
    That works! You r the BEST! Thanks for all your help!
  2.    #182  
    Ok, good to know. Based on what I read over on Mort's forum, the routine for checking for an internet connection isn't too reliable thanks to Microsoft, so all it's doing now is only check once and then establish the connection if it's not found. Before, it would check a second time, try to connect again, check again, then tell you sorry no internet.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    ScottyMoMo;

I have one issue I have not read about...Sometimes, the icon does not match up to the sport. I will get NHL scores with a NCAA icon. Seen this before?

-Chris
  4.    #184  
    I have. do you have both ncaa football and basketball enabled by chance. also, what is the order of the sports on the main app page

HI there...
    I do not have NCAA Football enabled right now, I did earlier.

But my order is:
    NCAA Basketball, NHL, and NFL

That's my order.

Also, any plans to lets us chose a ncaa team or conference? I would love to just see the SEC games.
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
    HI there...
    I do not have NCAA Football enabled right now, I did earlier.

But my order is:
    NCAA Basketball, NHL, and NFL

That's my order.

Also, any plans to lets us chose a ncaa team or conference? I would love to just see the SEC games.

I'm not seeing the issue yet however the NCAA Basketball feed must be being updated since it's currently blank..will have to check back...

As for choosing an NCAA team or conference, it's feasible but a bit of work as I would need both the conferences (which I have set up, just not available), then all the teams and their team codes, then establish a relation between the conference and the teams (since each item in the feed doesn't contain the conference unfortunately, which would have made it a lot easier).

Also, during the regular season the NCAA Football feed only had top 25. Basketball seems to have almost all the games which is good...

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    I'm not seeing the issue yet however the NCAA Basketball feed must be being updated since it's currently blank..will have to check back...

As for choosing an NCAA team or conference, it's feasible but a bit of work as I would need both the conferences (which I have set up, just not available), then all the teams and their team codes, then establish a relation between the conference and the teams (since each item in the feed doesn't contain the conference unfortunately, which would have made it a lot easier).

Also, during the regular season the NCAA Football feed only had top 25. Basketball seems to have almost all the games which is good...

Anything we as a forum can help you do? I am not a program writer, but I can follow directions really good. I am interested in the top 25 and the SEC only. I am willing to put some time in to help you.
    I have seen in another thread that Zbob does not have time to work on the smartphone today screen billboard at the moment.

Any chances of getting a working smatphone version of Pocket SportsCenter with out the today screen plug-in?? That would be better that nothing
    I just wanted to share my lastest screen shot. I have been working with scottymomo on getting scores per conference. OK, I mean by working with, just helping get the conference codes, and he has done ALL the work. I know there is more work to be done, but gosh, scottymomo is the man!

I have my latest screen grab with the ability to grab SEC scores!

I am diggiing this addition to pSC! It rocks!

10.    #190  
    I see you changed the logo

think I figured out the slowdown problem...will hopefully release something in a few days if I can find time...

Hey Scotty;

Yup...I changed the ncaa.bmp image to have the SEC logo. I only want the SEC scores popping up.

If would be kind of neat to have the conference scores pop up though.

Also, anyway to change the text NCAA Hoops Scores, to SEC Hoops Scores?
  12.    #192  
    Yeah, ideally once the conferences are done I can have it automagically display the conference name and logo rather than just the generic name and logo..

first things first however

ahh, i should have thought you would have done that. I can sit pretty for now. It's working and giving me my SEC scores!

As I said many times before, this rocks!
  14.    #194  
    strangest thing, I'm now having severe slowdown issues to the point where I can't even get the ncaa scores to come up while I work fine on my PC with the same code (I try and use the pc for debugging)...more to come..

I am not sure where you run the mscr's from, but in main memory, it was SLOW!. When I moved them to the Storage Card, it flies now!
  16.    #196  
    At long last a new beta version is available:

1.5.3.1 Version changes:
    -- Added: Select Specific NCAA Basketball and Football Conferences (you do not need the full NCAA Football or Basketball enabled to use this)
    -- Added: Enable/Disable logging in the main app
    -- Fixed: Internet connection issue
    -- Updated: Mortscript Version 4.11b5

This seems like a small update but took quite a bit of time. Thanks to lawmangrant for his testing and help with the NCAA list.

NCAA Basketball Conferences supported:
    Pac10
    ACC
    Big12
    BigEast
    Big10
    SEC
    ConfUSA
    WAC
    Indy
    SunBelt
    MidAmerican
    MountainWest
    Ohio Valley Conference
    West Coast Conference

NCAA Football Conferences supported:

Pac10
    ACC
    Big12
    BigEast
    Big10
    SEC
    ConfUSA
    WAC
    Indy
    SunBelt
    MidAmerican
    MountainWest

Let me know how it goes...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by scottymomo; 02/18/2008 at 07:25 PM.

17.    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by kwdunn View Post
    I have seen in another thread that Zbob does not have time to work on the smartphone today screen billboard at the moment.

Any chances of getting a working smatphone version of Pocket SportsCenter with out the today screen plug-in?? That would be better that nothing
    Yeah, I will work on that once 1.5.3.1 is finalized...

Sorry for the delay.

No problem, I appreciate your work on a smartphone version
    Nice Scotty;

I have see you have changed it to display the conference of your choice, IE SEC Hoops Scores! I love that!

I know we have spoke about individual teams, but honestly, I would suggest that is not needed. I think a conference is quite specific enough.
    Wonderful work!

Do we need any other teams or conferences added? I don't mind doing some other legwork.
  20.    #200  
    Nice Scotty;

I have see you have changed it to display the conference of your choice, IE SEC Hoops Scores! I love that!
    Thought you would. I could do the logos too but that takes a fair bit of work unless the conference has a favicon on their website

I know we have spoke about individual teams, but honestly, I would suggest that is not needed. I think a conference is quite specific enough.
    I tend to agree..also the feed sometimes only picks up top 25 teams so if you're team isn't in the top 25, you might never see their score, same thing goes for conferences too, depending on who's playing, so folks should keep that in mind..I can only display what the feed gives me

Do we need any other teams or conferences added? I don't mind doing some other legwork.
    Let's wait until people request more. It's not too much work to add them now

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast